• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you ever "embarrassed" to play Pokémon?

Martijn

Pokémon champion!!!!
Pokémon rocks!

Well I'm 15 years old and have played pokémon basicly all my live. since the day pokémon red came out i've played all the games there have been of pokémon.
And even my mother playes it sometimes and she's 43 but I'm a bit scared to play it in front of others from my class.

dude, your not too old, I know plenty of teenagers at my school who are OBSESSED with Pokemon, heck I even know plenty of Adults who love the series, you shouldnt be embarrased of liking something JUST because your 'too old' to be honest, I know a couple of girls at my high school who still watch Dora the Explorer and arent afraid to admit it XD

so just play what you want, if people are troubling you, just ignore them ;)

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
No...and i blow things up 4 fun...so umh...nope im not embarrased of playing pokemon

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
im super embarrased about it.
if i would even say the word pokemon in my sdhool,i would have no friends ...=( but i like it,so i aint gonna stop playing it.
but,i would love to have some friends to talk about pokemon with..

jadebullet

I have noticed that once you reach a certain age, and especially if you go to college, Pokemon becomes cool again. Heck, it becomes even cooler than it was when it was big.
Case in point. Sometime during last semester, someone used chalk to draw an awesome Red Gyarados on one of the pillars of the art building. It was so much win.

I got a DS and SS because my roommate next semester got a DS and HG.

Plus, there could be worse things to like... like Twilight. *shudders at the fail*

FadedPolaris

Feeesssshhh
I'm a 21 year old female who plays, draws, writes, etc. Pokemon stuff. I take my pokewalker everywhere and I'll whip it out in front of a bunch of cute guys. I have no shame. I play my DS at the park or Starbucks frequently.

The only person who bugs me about it occasionally is my mother. hah.

Civet

Lol it's kinda good when your bigger than everyone and they're afraid of you even when your sitting there playing pokemon :p

Soon

CoolTrainer
Just to share, I actually met one of my best friend 5 years ago when we were still playing Sapphire/Ruby. I was working then, traveling to a specialized Computer Shopping Centre to buy some computers for my company. That's when I met this guys playing his ruby his GBA while watching his friend playing the shop XBOX console. I was 18yrs old that time, he was 3 years younger than me)

We exchanged a battle and phone number and kept in contact till now. Without pokemon, we might never know either other at all. (I lost terribly to his Speed Boost + Sword Dance + Baton Pass) <- U know what pokemon was that~~!!

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
I'm not embarrassed. No one really says anything about it. Like in lunch when everybody's around, I'll pull out my DS and they'll say "what're you playing?" and I'll tell 'em, "Pokemon". "oh, ok, so anyway..." If they don't care, I don't care.

ZackZenith!

我们都有一个家,名字叫中国
Up until about a year ago, when I got Platinum, I played only in the shadows. Now, I don't really care about playing HG or Pt out in the open. Heck, I'm pretty sure that I even brought my pokewalker to prom out of habit.

I'm 18-years-old and I play/watch/draw Pokémon like a religion.
Like most of you, I, too, take my Pokéwalker everywhere I go.

I'm in college now, mind you.
Sure, I may get some baffled looks or some snickering, but I honestly could care less.

My boyfriend's the same way.
We've both been playing Pokémon since day one and because of it,
our relationship couldn't be better!

Lol so in a way, Pokémon brings people closer.
:)

Don't be ashamed, guys!

I am a little bit. I'm a girl, I'm 18, and standing on the line on the 10th anniversary (I think I was 15 or 16 back then) to choose some Pokemon while most people around me where boys around 10 year old was a really awkward experience! X-P
But I won't quit. It's an awesome video game, and I'm playing since generation I! I actually grew up with Pokemon! :)
Plus, I won't have any shyness issueanymore, since you can download the event pokemon and trade or battle wirelessly. Generation IV solved this problem ^^

Arctic ursarang

Gonzap's facial hair
since im pretty casual i dont really mind, i dont tell people right off the bat but im not exactly hiding the fact either, basides, there are tons of kids in my highschool who play, so im in good company

A little bit. It is kind of childish, but it's not like Pokemon is my life or I ignore adult responsibilities. Sometimes having a bit of kid left in you is a good thing.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Well, yes. Yes I am.

I know I'm not manly enough for you folks, but where I live, ingenuity is frowned upon. Thank god I can doodle Fakemon without the schmoes at my school knowing what the hell they are.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Haha nah. I'm 18, go to college, and spend a TON of time playing Pokemon haha. I talk about it with everyone! I've had so many good Pokemon conversations throughout the years. My friends in high school gave everyone Pokemon nicknames that are still brought up today, my friends in college practically assaulted me with happy texts when Black and White were introduced. My best friends play Pokemon too, and they're a year older than me. Actually, when my boy bought SS, and the guy at the register asked if he needed a Pokemon guide, my friend laughedm pointed to me, and said "he's my Pokemon guide."

I go to an extremely good college, have a social life, and carry my busted up DS Lite everywhere I go. I take care of my responsibilities and have my childlike fun too. Why be embarassed about who you are, about what you do or how you enjoy yourself?

Pokemon has been my icebreaker so many times, since Gen I. So I don't think I'm going to spend time being embarassed now haha!