• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you ever too old to play pokemon?

Redd Floxy

Kawaii kitsune
My brother is 22 and likes it as much as I do. I'm 17 myself. Age isn't something that can go to high for games. It sometimes can go rather to low, like a seven year old kid who plays games like Resident Evil... That's kinda odd to me, but for my part even people who are above the age of 60 can still play it. If you like the game you shouldn't care much about what other people say and enjoy it.

Many people in my high school's D&D club are still into Pokemon. Nobody in it is younger than 15, yet a third of the people there still actively play the games. =P

Pokemon is one of those games that has both a lot of silliness as well as deeper gameplay; most anyone can enjoy playing it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I don't think there's an upper age to enjoy anything. I mean, look at Winnie the Pooh. Everyone loves Pooh Bear.

USB500

~wandering writer~
You are never too old to be a Pokemon trainer :p

I'm 23, and I currently have GSC & RSE (started playing it on 1998; I think it was Yellow). I never consider myself too old to play the game and I'm not going to quit playing it until I'm too crippled to do so.

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
I'm 16 and am eargerly awaiting next week for D/P release! Latley all my friends keep playing the pokemon theme tune on their phones so it's not all that pathetic!

simmers

I said "Woo Hoo"
Like I said before, there is no upper age limit for playing the games but over 60 you may get arthritus (not sure if thats spelt correctly) and only then should you even consider stopping if you still like to play the games!!
P.S. that's what I plan to do! :D

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
I've played since I was 11 years old, throughout adolescence and up to being 19 years old now. I'm used to being judged on it by people who don't even know what an RPG is to begin with, so who cares what they think.
For me it's an RPG just like any other.. and it just so happens that it's way easier to make fanart of than crazy 3D sprites. XD

Nunberry

Not About To Hatch
The most worrying thing about this thread is only one person mentioned in it is older than me, and he's someone's dad. Anyway, there's no upper limit to enjoying the game but I think there's an age - probably between 12 and 17 - where it's most difficult because you're going to have the piss ripped out of you something rotten by your friends, and at that age you will probaby have more difficulty dealing with the peer pressure thing. Once you're past 17, 18, you're in that bracket where you'll revel in anything that makes you different, and then once you're into your twenties you're properly your own person and you'll do what you like without worrying what people think.

Apart from arthritis, the only other limiting factor is that once you pass a certain age it gets difficult to remember the 400-odd pokemon, all the types and their weaknesses and strengths, the moves, the HMs, egg groups, natures, berries etc etc - you'll just sit in a chair with a blanket on your lap rocking back and forth muttering "Bulbasaur" to yourself while a nurse changes your bag and feeds diamorphine into your drip.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I don't think you'll be ever too older for any game, as long as you like it's fine.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
games are for kids as well as adults..gmaes are meant for recreation and fun...adults are allowed to have fun as far as i know..:p

Euphoria

Soul Salsa
Apart from arthritis, the only other limiting factor is that once you pass a certain age it gets difficult to remember the 400-odd pokemon, all the types and their weaknesses and strengths, the moves, the HMs, egg groups, natures, berries etc etc - you'll just sit in a chair with a blanket on your lap rocking back and forth muttering "Bulbasaur" to yourself while a nurse changes your bag and feeds diamorphine into your drip.
I lol'ed.
Whilst trying to think of something constructive to add to my post, I thought of all the times I had my mum help me buy Soda Pop and Coins back when you couldn't buy them in bulk. "Hey mum, wanna do me a favour? Just press A for a while. ^_^" She also enjoyed playing the slots in my Yellow version and didn't realize how great it was she was winning me coins, nehe.

Vlagh

i beleive that you're never to old for pokemon, although it can get comical after about 60. Then there are also debilitating factors like arthritus as mentioned above.

Regi-Z

Master of Nightmares
well some people might grow out of it or stay in it i just might stay in it for awhile but only time will tell

Congratulations for creating the 100th topic in SPPf about this! As a reward, this topic will probably be closed and the mods will tell you to check other people's profiles if you want to know their age =D.

On topic, it's your choice whether you should keep playing or not. Like the game? Play it. Don't like the game? Don't play it.

Roeno

I'll be 20 in 2 weeks, and I played the games since the very beginning. You shouldn't listen to what other people say about it, because most of the time, they know nothing of it, and they just think they're cool, because they do other stuff then playing Pokémon. But then again, if you can make fun your way, and you're happy with it, why not?
I mean, I've got some friends who think it's for little kids, while other friends are older then me, and they play it. It's just anyone's opinion. So, don't bother with it, just play the games and have fun! That's what I'll be doing when DP comes out next week.