• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to Import HG/SS / Which Version Are You Getting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Well?

• Total voters

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
I'm leaning towards importing SS from Japan and getting HG when it comes out in US. I go back and forth from being so excited about the games I can't wait to get my hands on one and "Hmm, but I don't know Japanese."

Needs a Deoxys

I'm just waiting until they come out in the U.S., and then I'll be getting both. I'll probably preorder them but not until they come to the U.S.

pokemaster001

why does everyone like SS, well....I guess it means I'll be far from the normal amount, with a HG chikorita

Grei

not the color
I'll be waiting for Heart Gold to be released in the US.

I bought Gold and not Silver, so I'll be purchasing Heart Gold. Plus, Ho-oh rules.

megaman12

Not Happy
I wonder why almost everyone likes SS.I guess people think lugia is better.Anyway,Im going to get SS when it comes out in the U.S

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I'm importing both games from playasia, gonna cost me £92 to do it, but i reckon its well worth it.

I don't speak jp, nor understand it, but the very fact that it'll likely get wifi events that the UK most probably won't, is enough of an incentive for me.

savits721

I'll preorder both in Japan and in America. I'll ebay the Japanese statues, then hopefully get a second set from the American pre-order.

pokegeek001

MB:Bobby
Im not sure. i like ss cause of lugia but kyogre is cool.

hg or ss hmmm plz help.

chikoritalover16

I'm going to wait until it's in the U.S. and I am getting HeartGold. I don't think I'll preorder it (though the figurines are awesome) but I will get it very soon after it comes out.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Ahhh, as much as I really want to import SS, I'll wait for the American release and buy it. :) I can be patient. (Hopefully.) ^^

liamcantthink

As my store stocks Japanese games, I will buy a Japanese Soul Silver, as my side game and get Heart Gold when it is out in Europe, and use it as my main game.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I've never preordered a Pokemon game in Japanese before. Is there usually a good amount of support and help on here for the folks like me who aren't fluent in Japanese?

Calm PokeMaster

I've never preordered a Pokemon game in Japanese before. Is there usually a good amount of support and help on here for the folks like me who aren't fluent in Japanese?

I hope you don't get stuck at some puzzle where you have to read a lot of Japanese.I suggest that you,like me,wait for it to release in the US(or your country)and get it then.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I hope you don't get stuck at some puzzle where you have to read a lot of Japanese.I suggest that you,like me,wait for it to release in the US(or your country)and get it then.

Yeah, see-- I'm torn. I've been patient until now, and this time importing seems fairly attractive, because so many people do it that I would imagine it at least works out fairly well. Which is why I'm asking.