• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to Import HG/SS / Which Version Are You Getting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Well?

• Total voters

Vipsoccermaster

Both games when it comes out in the United States. If there are pre-order opportunities in the United States, then I will pre-order them.

Joki

I´m from Germany and I really like the english versions. That´s why I´ll be importing SoulSilver when it´s released in the USA. Sometimes later I definately want HeartGold as well, so I can use on as main game and the other one to play through over and over again. But I haven´t decided yet if I´ll import them both at the same time or if I wait for HG to come out in Germany.

muumajii23

I think for the first time in the series, I'm going to buy both versions. Just 'cause I love Johto so much. xD

And I'm going to wait until they are released in NA.

Ive already gotten japanese Heart Gold and beaten the elite four and gotten all kanto badges. So yeah im definatly planning on preordering Soul Silver because i wanna know what all the characters are saying and understand the game better

Last edited:

charigod

charizard tamer
im going to preorder ss once its in the good ole states so I can read whats going on, lol

kingofmaelstroms

im gonna get both, maby even 2 of each

vitorml

5th gen Legend
i'm waiting for HG to come in US and then i'm importing it.

onwards may 2010!!!

THE Empoleon Fan

I love water types!!
I'm going to wait for HG/SS to be released in America. I'm going to pre-order it, just like what I did for Platinum. I'm going to get SoulSilver (Lugia is WAY better than Ho-oh!!).

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Its not really worth the hassle of trying to decipher japanese. I dont care how straight forward these games all are, there's still decisions to be made about moves, etc. And you can usually find some of the more desirable trades on GTS right now (Head Smash Aron).

I think one cartridge will do me. 493 'mon is getting a little tedious.

ShyniHunter

I'm going to buy SoulSilver as it come out in USA/Europe. As it comes at the same time I buy the Europe version, because I live there and as it comes later and the USA version earlier I buy the USA version. :)

I know, the wait is ridiculous. D: I like playing in Japanese and all, but playing in English would be much more enjoyable and give me more nostalgia.

And since I got the Japanese version of Soul Silver, I'm probably going to get Heart Gold in America. No point in getting the same game again. I played Silver and not Gold, but Crystal was my main game, so getting HG won't ruin the nostalgia for me.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Can't wait for this game to come out. I'm going to get the USA version. Finally I'll be able to get the Chikorita line, Totodile line, and Cyndaquil line to my Platinum game. I didn't play Emerald so I had no way of getting them. Plus Generation 2 was my 2nd favorite Pokemon gen so I cannot wait.

VertigoVaporeon

New Pearlshipper <3
Ah... I can't decide. xD I want to get SS because of the exclusive Pokemon, but I'm planning on getting HeartGold. I don't want to get both.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Has there been any official release date for HG and SS? I hope so, so I can countdown the days till I can play this game.

Suicunerider

wave requiem
I would kind of prefer to be able to get latios, but I'd rather get SS so I can have the really cool intro screen. And I will be pre-ordering my US copy so I can get the figurine that they will hopefully be distibuting.

ill probly preoder ss coz tht was my first pokemon game i got
plus i wanna get lugia sooner since its cooler than ho oh