• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to Import HG/SS / Which Version Are You Getting?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Well?

• Total voters

Mykonos

I'm buying Soul Silver ASAP, preferably on the US release of March 14th.

Heart Gold really depends on my funds. I'm close enough to having the money, but I'm also considering buying the guide, which is $20.

Ivysaur_

Pokémon Breeder

Heart Gold really depends on my funds. I'm close enough to having the money, but I'm also considering buying the guide, which is $20.

hehe i was thinking of doing the same thing, but without the guide :D you don't need itttt ^_^

All part of the fun not knowing what's going to happen

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes

Really, anything that's in that guide can easily be found on this site or elsewhere. And the game is easy enough to figure out itself.

Mykonos

I know I can practically find everything at the main Serebii site, but I'm also a bit of a Pokemon Guide Collector, so that's the reasoning behind that. =P

Guess I could always snatch up Heart Gold and get the Guide later though. *shrugs*

lansbury9

There's something about the game-development precedent for generations that's interesting. I mean, Sinnoh is the new DS era Kanto, but Fire Red/LeafGreen were made for the GBA. Why remake a game in its own console era? That's a gamble. Maybe the remakes are just there for hints on the next "main" generation games, such as the Kanto/Sinnoh thing. Also, for those of you who play by the book, have you noticed the pattern for choosing starters? Red chooses Grass, Gold chooses Fire, Brendan chooses Water, Lucas has a Turtwig, and the new trainer will choose Fire. The hint for the new trainer is in Sunyshore Lighthouse. A youngster says: "I love how far you can see with the binoculars. I'm going to go that far away one day!" This hint is similar to the Ranger 2 main character cameos in Ranger 1. Roark is found in Fire Red/Leaf Green. A boy with the sprite of a Psychic/Rich Boy on Route 4 says: "BROCK is cool. He's not just tough. People like and respect him. I want to become a GYM LEADER like him." This is on the Fame Checker, so you can check it out. This is also another future character cameo, as is Janine. These games, HG/SS, are hints on the colors for the first next generation games. Who knows, maybe they'll have another console/era division of more than three gen's. Maybe two quadrilogies...? By the way... For the person who said that the 4th generation's underdog color is not blue this time, but red, they're RIGHT. Just think of all them mentions of Dialga and Diamond color over Pearl's, ie, the common abbreviation DPt, not DPPt, as all hints or hopes that Soul Silver is more popular with these remakes.

El Deadlito

The Amis
Hello gentlemen.

If you pre-order Soul Silver from gamestop, can they deliver it to Finland? I don't care if it has extra fee in it. I Went to USA few months ago and got American DSi, so I need US HGSS for me able to download events, stupid region lock . And EU HGSS Doesn't have slots, not that I would need them anyways.I need it for my birthday present to myself xD.

I posted this to another thread but only answer I got was about ebay and there it's bit more expensive. Money isn't issue but I don't like ebay.

EDIT: Yeah I looked it up on gamestops site and there was 24.99 delivery fee to Finland, NEVER MIND :p

Last edited:

AlexG123

Pokefan
im waiting for them to come out in the us and i will get soul silver

TSL

Mischievous.
Preordered both/getting both.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
who were the 25 people that say these games are stupid? they must be stupid as the pokemon franchise is the 2nd best-selling franchise for video games ever. better selling than the legend of zelda, cod(i love cod as well but its the truth), gta etc.

anyway i cant remember what i put for this poll, but im getting soul silver.
I wanted to ask a question. please answer if ur in the UK cause this shop isnt in the US,however if u know then please answer.

will GAME stores(not game stores that sell games i mean the shop that is called GAME) give out the preorder figures for hg/ss?

Crasher

I'm going to get Soulsilver on the 14th of March. I'm not importing from America, but buying it from a shop near me that imports them from America. It's going to be about five pounds more, but it's worth it.

@ Poke Mania97: I think they do, but don't take my word for it.

Harukacchi

Ready Go!
I actually wanted to import both from America, instead of buying the European version (mostly because I didn't like the German translation for Platinum), but I just went to GameStop today to trade in old games and somehow ended up pre-ordering both anyway.

But I'm sure I won't regret it - I do want both the Lugia and Ho-Oh figurine, and that way I can also make one version my main game and re-play the other one anytime without having to worry about 'losing' many, many hours of hard work...

Okay, so I was wrong. The price did go up at my GameStop too. I went to have the rest of the game paid off and was surprised at the extra money. Oh, well. Now that it's paid off, all I have to do is wait for it to be released.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
i cant decide which one to get now! i mean in hg u get ho-oh first then lugiaa and in ss lugia first then ho-oh. i like both figurines, i cant decide which one to get cause of the figurines. which one shall i get?

Tommi

I am walking in to town with my best friend on the day it is released and picking it up. I am getting SS whilst she is getting HG. Then we can trade with each other if we need to. xD

Getting both, pre-ordering Heart gold, getting soul silver when I'm done with hg. =]

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
me and my mate are getting soul silver whilst my other mate is getting heart gold. i played gold when i was little. 1st and
2nd gen wer ethe best