• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to import Platinum?

Are you importing Platinum?

• Yes, I'm really excited and I'll get it no matter what!

Votes: 183 16.5%
  • Yeah, I might... I want it, but...

Votes: 168 15.2%
  • No, because I can't read Japanese.

Votes: 322 29.1%
  • Nope, I have to be patient and wait for it to be released here.

Votes: 285 25.7%
  • No.

Votes: 150 13.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychicKoji

Pokémon Collector
I'm still debating on whether or not I want to import it. My friend and I imported Diamond and Pearl, respectively, when they came out in Japan. Neither of us speak Japanese, but we'd played enough Pokemon before to figure out just about everything on our own. I love Pokemon, but the single player games aren't exactly the most intricate. I guess it depends on what new features Platinum ends up with. If they add in some really super awesome stuff, I might not be able to wait :D

And what if the Japanese version ends up with some sweet new glitch? I don't wanna miss out on that! (BRACE FOR THE HATE!)

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
Nah I won't i'll just wait. I like not straining my eyes to read Japanese.

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
im going to wait till about....hmmmmmm....lets say 2020 for when it comes out in the UK!lol

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
More than likely not, I don't mind waiting. *Slips on muffin cup*

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
I think its best to just wait-

The major change to the game (aside from the addition of a BF and the new legend forms) is the storyline.... or rather... the plot behind the story... so being unable to read Japanese would defeat the purpose of importing this version.

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
Nope, I don't know how to read Japanese, and as painful as it is, I must be patient and wait. But I do plan on getting it.

Seriously, you would have to be stupid if you use a language barrier as the reason for not getting the game. Pokemon are some of the most linear and obvious games to play in another language imo, I have had the Japanese versions since Gold/Silver, and cant read a word, but knowing the basics of pokemon will allow you to play it easily.

Charizard2ooo

Eevee Master
I was thinking about importing it,but I don't know how.I guess I'll just have to wait until it's released in US.

No. I don't mind waiting, especilly when I already have a bunch of games I'm considering buying already.

BlazeBat

Blaziken Master
Seriously, you would have to be stupid if you use a language barrier as the reason for not getting the game. Pokemon are some of the most linear and obvious games to play in another language imo, I have had the Japanese versions since Gold/Silver, and cant read a word, but knowing the basics of pokemon will allow you to play it easily.

its not that people will not be able to play without english but want to know the new story line, not everyone is focused on just playing through the game, a new story line is a fine reason to wait

SuppYo

Pokemon Master.
I'm definitely importing it. I just plan on learning enough Japanese to understand at least the basics. Like people said before, it can't be that hard to play through it in another language, and then I'll just get the American one when it comes out and get up on anything I missed. =]

The_red_ranger

i have an R4 so, i am going to wait till the American version comes out and then download thy rom.
No i am not going to cheat at all.
seriosly! i will not cheat!
if you say i am going to cheat, i kill u!

Zoshi

Unique
Yes, but I'll be importing the US version, and not the Japanese version. It's cheaper to import games as opposed to buying them locally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.