• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to watch a new anime series?

Are you going to watch a new anime series?

• Yes

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnovaMaster

Just gonna point out that the grammar of the thread title can be interpreted as "are you going to watch a new anime series that isn't Pokemon"

"a" instead of "the" makes a huge difference

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have no current plans to. That may change in the future depending on how the new series is received, in which case I might consider binge watching some of the episodes, but I wouldn't count on it.

I won't be watching the new series and it has nothing to do with my being an Ash fan. I am one of the original fans and watched almost every episode until the end of DP. BW started off nicely but quickly turned to sh*t and that was the time when I stopped watching the Anime. Just checked on it once a week through Serebii's homepage. And the same thing happened with XY, SM and PM(2019). Lockdown gave me the chance to watch XY and it was great. PM(2019) had lots of issues but this is not the time to list them.

Over the years I have watched them butcher characters after characters. The new ones might be different but I can't relate to them. I tried watching Ms. Marvel and while it was a nice series, as a guy in his 30s, I had a hard time relating to the teenage love triangle stuff. It's the same with Pokemon. I would rather invest my time somewhere else than watch the story of two 10-year-olds.

It is not like I have stopped caring about Pokemon. These days I focus more on competitive battling. VGC is fun and it is more exciting, for me, than the repetitive Anime. There's not much that can be done with the Anime. It has to follow this same formula even if the goals are different. Most of the episodes are fillers and we can't have Kanto(OS) like fillers anymore. In the 90s people didn't know much about Japanese culture and Kanto gave us just that. After Kanto the Anime became less Japanese and more global. Quality suffered and people started hating the fillers. On top of that, with later seasons, they became more marketing-oriented.

So yeah, I won't be watching the new Anime but good luck to all who will.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Not for marketing SWSH.
It still had the most important stuff...the Champion with the Charizard, who literally is a market-oriented character because of his cape full of ads. And on top of that, the other Galar options had freakin' Lucario being the star against the characters OLM wanted so badly to push, who are huge popular characters anyway. The rest? Expendable (Nessa could have appeared but they surely thought not a jacket would be enough to hide her skin like they did to Olivia).

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Moot tends to say stuff like that for reactions, best not to take him too seriously

Spyro39

It still had the most important stuff...the Champion with the Charizard, who literally is a market-oriented character because of his cape full of ads. And on top of that, the other Galar options had freakin' Lucario being the star against the characters OLM wanted so badly to push, who are huge popular characters anyway. The rest? Expendable (Nessa could have appeared but they surely thought not a jacket would be enough to hide her skin like they did to Olivia).
I think @GohMaster!'s point was that besides Leon and Charizard, JN was the least market-oriented when it came to marketing the generation it was associated with.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Status
Not open for further replies.