• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you going to watch a new anime series?

Are you going to watch a new anime series?

• Yes

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Maybe. Will give it a few episodes to get my interest.

Hypnosis has always been able to affect Dark Types.
Yeah, my bad, although it doesnt make sense and you cant use Dream Eater afterwards.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I'm going to give it a fair chance, it's Pokemon after all.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Did OP mean the new Pokemon anime?
If so, then NO. I wouldn't be able to stand another 25 years non-stop adventure.
It might be like the manga now where the protagonist gets switched up every gen since Ash came to existence at the right time (Pokemania) which is why he had so much staying power as 90s kids would grow with the anime
Like yeah pokemon's still popular but I doubt it will reach the point where the pope himself plays it and says there's nothing wrong with it ever again

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Of course.

Ash is my favorite but I think he's had a good run. And I'll happily embrace our new MCs.

Ashton Ketchum

As I said early - I’m surely devastated by fact that Ash’s story ended on imperfect saga like JN (XYZ was a much more perfect for ending), but still - as I mentioned that one of the biggest problems of SM and JN is that it still about Ash and Pikachu, I'll give next series a chance. As Ash is not main character anymore, it may give me from new series a much better impression in comparison with SM and JN. If I’ll have a good impression - I will continue watching. If not - I won’t.

lanmanna

I really hope the fanbase gets a reset with the new show. I'll watch but if I'm subjected to the same, uh, "breed" of discourse I might quit going out of my way to read what people think on it.

But then again I'm a sucker for pain
Such a masochist!

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
I can't just drop everything and start from zero with how dirty they did Ash in JN. I'll be too busy doing a JN rewrite in the hopes of giving him the better ending he deserves.

Also I can just feel like Riko and Roy (especially him) are gonna have easier time of their journeys

So no I can't and wont

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Of course.

Ash is my favorite but I think he's had a good run. And I'll happily embrace our new MCs.
Exact same feelings here. Also with ghost game ending and boruto going on hiatus, it would leave me with no other animes to watch atm unless I magically found some to have some interest in. I'm getting increasingly pickier with what animes I choose to spend time watching, but I will always watch pokemon.

Spyro39

So, cancelled and swept under the rug? I ****in' hope not!!! We already had that **** happen to the 4Kids gang!
Well first off, 4Kids is not handling the show anymore, TPCI is, and they've never finished a series without all episodes dubbed.

Second, what does 4Kids have to do with this? The subbed version will still remain intact and for everyone to watch completely.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Well first off, 4Kids is not handling the show anymore, TPCI is, and they've never finished a series without all episodes dubbed.

Second, what does 4Kids have to do with this? The subbed version will still remain intact and for everyone to watch completely.
1. yes that's the joke
2. i was making a 'everyone gets fired like 4kids' analogy in my joke

Spyro39

Well, TPCi didn't dub most of the companion special episodes, so...
IIRC, and I don't have the source for it, so take my word with a grain of salt. I thought TPCI didn't dub those specials out of a lack of interest.

Didn't 4Kids stop dubbing GX because they were so far behind to dub 5D's?

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Let's be real it's not that Ash Ketchum was such a complex character that the universe does not make any sense if he is not arround...

Jimy did good, Richie did good, Dawn did good, Goh....Goh sucks, Team Go Getters did good, The Chimchar from PMD2 anime did good, the ill kids from Twilght wings did good, the guy from Hisuan snow did good.

I think that we lost a lot of things having Ash and Team Rocket arround, this should have happened on 2002,

Even this guy would be a better main character

Status
Not open for further replies.