• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you good at cooking/baking?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Exactly what the thread title says.

I can cook anything that has instructions, but I can't bake for my life.

Still can't make cookies without turning them into a slab...

I'm pretty good at cooking. Nobody ended up in the hospital the last time I made something.

Baking won't be a big problem as long as I have instructions.

Last edited:

??????

That guy.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Yeah, that's how I cook.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Cook, Bake, Grill, Fry, Sauté, Chop, Slice...*goes on and on*

*ahem* suffice to say, I can cook. Very well too, and I'm proud to say I can.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I can cook. This year I decided to learn how to bake from scratch. Today I'm working on my fourth attempt at it. The first three times I made King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. The first batch failed to come together. The next two batches were significantly better.

For Easter I'm making something special: Cinnamon Rolls. The beginning steps are the same as the King's Hawaiian but the rolls are formed differently. Right now I'm waiting for them to finish rising in the pan before putting them in the oven. About five more minutes.

Profesco

gone gently
Not really. I can't do recipes or cooking time estimates or anything cheflike in the slightest. I've pulled some pretty decent baking stunts in the past, though. I generally just dislike working with food.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I can cook very well and nobody ended up in an hospital I have a couple years cooking now.

but I enjoy baking a lot more specially cakes .

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Growing up with a professional cook as a dad you kind of have to be good :x.

Vernikova

Champion
I can't cook or bake, which is why I usually go for take-out. I should probably learn one of these days.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I'm fairly decent, particularly with baking because cupcakes are my go-to activity when I'm excruciatingly bored. I'm trying to learn how to make bread from scratch, which is challenging, though I have made pasta

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Ah, Baking my lovely way to keep occupied on vacations. I learned how to make chocolate chip, brownies, pancakes, chocolate cake, vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes without instructions. Anything else I need insturtions.

Relinquish

Addicted
Only the basic foods like pancakes, toast, bacon, eggs, anything served at breakfast. Anything else besides that i can't cook.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Have a question for people who like baking.

The Cinnamon Rolls turned out fine except one one thing that bothered me. There was a light aftertaste of raw flour. I know where the taste came from. After the first rising of the dough I floured the surface lightly and put the dough down to shape into a rectangle before rolling it out. The flour came from the flour on the board no doubt but if I don't flour the board I think it'll stick?

I wanted to know if there was anything I can do about the aftertaste whether it be using less flour, using no flour, or using something else to ensure that the dough doesn't stick to the prep surface. I considered painting the outside of the rolls with melted butter also to mask it but that wouldn't have helped with the flour stick inside from where I rolled. :I

Going to attempt it again on Friday.

shadow wolf

The one and only!