• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you happy that the Masters 8 just consisting of Champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
For all we know, she could've become champion just because Alder retired
This is what I wanted to believe but then I had to consider the E4.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
You say that like it’s a bad thing.
I just don't get that kind of thinking when it pertains to shows that involve battling & getting stronger like Dragon Ball Z for example which clearly has power levels in it.I can understand if we're talking about comparing two different universes where powerscaling becomes complicated but I was only talking about one.The person in the video that I linked goes into more detail.

DayQuil95

And honestly, I'm satisfied that the M8 is made entirely of champions and Alain, if you want to surprise the audience then surprise it with things that should matter more in the long run and that make for an enjoyable episode, not just being unpredictable for the hell of it. It makes sense for champions, the strongest trainers in the world, to form the M8, if you want to surprise me then surprise with unpredictable Pokemon for their teams, banger strategies, and stuff that shouldn't be pointless for the sole sake of unpredictability.

Gingertail24

I only had his base Charizard just a little stronger than Ash's Charizard,I'll need to rewatch XY again it's been a few years.

I initially had him using Mega Evolution for his Aggron,Z-Move for his Torterra and Dynamax for Electivire if that's even possible.
I wonder how Paul would react to the z move posing. I feel like he would say "lame-o"

tsunamimijumaru

If they didn't give N this whole I can't stand pokemon fighting thing he would have been epic to see in the M8 and given one of ash's mons a chance to take down a boxsrt Legendary maybe.

Or if they didn't waste Urshifu on those PM characters maybe we could have seen Mustard in the M8 and we see a student/teacher between him and Leon

Sham

The Guardian of War
One character I wouldn’t have minded being in the Masters 8 would probably be Gladion. While there isn’t a lot of build up there, he never came off as this weak trainer and owned a legendary Pokémon. If he wasn’t searching for Mohn that would have been nice.

I feel like he’s kinda of forgotten when discussing Ash’s other rivals (Gary, Paul, Alain and Bea)

He’s also my favorite rival so there’s that.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
She'll be the next monarch along with Iris in second, throw Mallow in there as well
Don’t forget Samurai

Sham

The Guardian of War
And with the finals coming up
yea no

worst tournament in the anime due to the predictability of it all. All of the other Champions are just pawns so Ash can fight Leon.

All of the first, second and final matches are designed, focused and revolves around Ash. It makes the actual participants come off as second thoughts in terms of importance and just barriers for Ash to get to Leon.

Status
Not open for further replies.