• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you happy that the Masters 8 just consisting of Champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I was always under the impression that Alain's Charizard was only super OP because of it's Mega Evolution,it did little to nothing in base form and again Ash's Pikachu gave it a good fight up until it fainted.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Your tier system is different from mine,the one I used was when grading Ash and Paul's pokemon not counting E4 and Champions.If I used your tier system of course Paul's pokemon would be lower than tier 1.
Oh fair enough mate. Should’ve agreed on a common tier system first I guess haha
I was always under the impression that Alain's Charizard was only super OP because of it's Mega Evolution,it did little to nothing in base form and again Ash's Pikachu gave it a good fight up until it fainted.
I mean he has feats in his base form against Remo, Zygarde and Ash. My logic is that ME gives each Pokémon the same boost, so two Pokémon undergoing a mega evolution would still have the same difference in strength as before.

Anyways, since you’re the Paul expert: Which gimmick do you think he’d use? Electivire and Torterra doesn’t have a mega, so I’d always thought he’d resort to Dynamax

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'm of the opinion that Iris shouldn't have been there. She lost to Ash already and having her a rank higher when Ash has shown better feats makes no God damn sense. If anyone should have been there it was Alder (to redeem this trash of a champion) or N as a surprise character.

GLTSRY

I'm of the opinion that Iris shouldn't have been there. She lost to Ash already and having her a rank higher when Ash has shown better feats makes no God damn sense. If anyone should have been there it was Alder (to redeem this trash of a champion) or N as a surprise character.
I love game (!) Alder and found his anime portrayal as the biggest disgrace of BW (which is saying a lot). However, Alder’s entire philosophy is that one needs to get stronger to protect something, he strictly is against getting stronger for the sake of it, which is kinda the entire point of the PWC.

So Alder not participating in the PWC makes sense imo. Would’ve been great to see him in JN though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My answer is still no. The masters 8 tournament has been so predictable and boring and maybe past characters like the dream crushers and maybe some of the OS cotds and recurring characters should have been in it instead.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I mean he has feats in his base form against Remo, Zygarde and Ash. My logic is that ME gives each Pokémon the same boost, so two Pokémon undergoing a mega evolution would still have the same difference in strength as before.
I only had his base Charizard just a little stronger than Ash's Charizard,I'll need to rewatch XY again it's been a few years.
Anyways, since you’re the Paul expert: Which gimmick do you think he’d use? Electivire and Torterra doesn’t have a mega, so I’d always thought he’d resort to Dynamax
I initially had him using Mega Evolution for his Aggron,Z-Move for his Torterra and Dynamax for Electivire if that's even possible.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Alain's the one that shouldn't be here. It doesn't make sense

It should have been either Brandon or Palmer

Gavinport

Alan should of appeared before the tournament like Paul did, maybe right after Greninja's ep so they could have battled in Kalos.

Realistically they probably would have included Wallace if they had a free slot, or even Alder. I don't think we would see any Frontier Brains at all.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Iris not the better than Paul at all. Paul is still Ash level, same for Gary. If anyone Iris is beating, it's probably someone below Ash level.
But according to @GLTSRY Iris's Excadrill and Jobbernite are above ALL of Paul's pokemon.But that makes no sense because Paul was way ahead of Iris in BW and is currently still a trainer.

JN is trying to sell to the audience this BS excuse for off screen training that Iris went through by having her become Unova Champion sometime after BW and making all the experience,training and hardwork that Paul put in look insignificant.

But according to @GLTSRY Iris's Excadrill and Jobbernite are above ALL of Paul's pokemon.But that makes no sense because Paul was way ahead of Iris in BW and is currently still a trainer.

JN is trying to sell to the audience this BS excuse for off screen training that Iris went through by having her become Unova Champion sometime after BW and making all the experience,training and hardwork that Paul put in look insignificant.
Why do you act like everything revolves around Paul?

Paul is still an extremely strong trainer, Iris is a character who has absolutely no relation to him. If Paul gets a Mega Stone he could go into M8, considering that base Garchomp beat Ash's Dragonite which will likely beat Cynthia's.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Why do you act like everything revolves around Paul?
Everything doesn't revolve around Paul but I do think he's one of the show's best characters who is arguably the most skilled trainer in the entire series and lastly he's THE RIVAL.He was Ash's equal in DP and since he's currently still a trainer that should've been the case when he returned in JN.

It only appears this way because no one else really talks about him that much.When he returned it was one of the biggest things being discussed besides M8 and Greninja's return.After that majority stopped talking about him.

Last edited:

GLTSRY

No need for cheap shots mate. At the end of the day, as much as I consider it to be a BS decision too, Iris - somehow - became champion.

I don’t like this decision, I don’t like the weird scaling in JN, but at the end of the day, a champion should have stronger Pokémon than an aspiring gym leader.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Gavinport

No need for cheap shots mate. At the end of the day, as much as I consider it to be a BS decision too, Iris - somehow - became champion.

I don’t like this decision, I don’t like the weird scaling in JN, but at the end of the day, a champion should have stronger Pokémon than an aspiring gym leader.
Theoretically Paul probably is close to the champions power, but since he didn't care about being there that's the only difference.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master

For all we know, she could've become champion just because Alder retired, and given how much of a joke the Unova league was, anyone could've won it.

People trying to sell Iris as some God send champion are clearly delusional and forget who the real God tier trainers are. Call me when we get Sawyer, Alain, Paul or Gary level battle with Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.