• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you happy that the Masters 8 just consisting of Champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Obviously it would make sense that Champions would be there but it’s possible having two strong trainers within the same reason (ie Alain and Diantha) meaning that a non champion can be on Champion level… if you could do some swap outs who would you have preferred in each region?

I wouldn’t mind honestly having Gary in Lance’s spot

Wallace in Steven’s

Cynthia would just have to remain the same

Fine with Iris but if they must then Caitlin

Alain for Kalos only

Alola would use Kukui

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m fine with Champions and ok with even multiple characters from the same region being in the M8 but missed opportunity to not include someone like Brandon imo. Would’ve replaced Alain with any high caliber Trainer that’s not a Champion

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m fine with Champions and ok with even multiple characters from the same region being in the M8 but missed opportunity to not include someone like Brandon imo. Would’ve replaced Alain with any high caliber Trainer that’s not a Champion
Honestly never thought about that. Smart idea again.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Gary in Lance's position would be a retcon. So.. no, that's not a swap I'd make. He's perfect to have in Project Mew.

Kanto: Lance - Also Ash even though he's the Alolan League Winner.
Johto: Karen with at least Mega Tyranitar - or one from the replaced SinnohBattleFrontier: Palmer or Dahlia.
Hoenn: Steven
Sinnoh: Cynthia (timetravelerVolo)... and Paul obviously.
Unova: Benga and make him a series rival. Champion Iris was a nice touch though.
Kalos: Alain.
Alola: Unpopular opinion, but Ash is from Kanto. He doesn't represent Alola. He won a competition there, but he's Ash from PalletTown. Aside from Kukui, there's nobody I'd see reaching the Master8 and even then I wouldn't expect him to compete with his job as professor, his baby being newborn and a career as Masked Royal..
Galar: Leon obviously.

So:
1. Leon
2. Cynthia
3. Steven
4. Lance
5. Karen (w/M-Tyranitar), Palmer or Dahlia
6. Alain
7. Benga
8. Ash

And even then I would be fine with them swapping out Alain for Paul.

Decidueye23

The way i see it
Ash represents Kanto (Pikachu)
Lance represents Johto (Red Gyarados)
Steven represents Hoenn (Metagross)
Cynthia from sinnoh
Iris from Unova
Diantha, Alain from Kalos
Leon from Galar.

BlueDragonfangirl

No, I wanted Paul in this. He trains his Pokémon and does his own thing like Ash.

It’d have been perfect if they had in included him :(

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I’m pretty content with their choices, even Iris. Probably would’ve swapped her out for Alder or a Frontier Brain if I was forming the Masters 8, but it is what it is. I won’t complain that my girl finally progressed after all these years..

No-one else needs to be there, not regional rivals, not Tobias.. heck not really even Alain (although the fact he was on E4 level back in Kalos makes it kinda make sense). Throwing in all the regional/league rivals/opponents would be overkill..

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Brandon, Paul, Hilda, AJ, Giselle, Green (female playable character from red/green) or Lillie in place of Diantha, Steven, and Lance

Last edited:
Now I don't care about the M8 since it's proven that Infernape and Greninja won't be used, this team that trained off screen is going to blow all those losers calling themselves champions.

In addition, there is also Lucario, a Pokémon that increases in power based on the good times it had with its friends. I think that soon Ash will take Lucario to Disneyland to increase their friendship to unsuspected limits and surely he will defeat Arceus with an aura sphere the size of Mars.

Now I don't care about the M8 since it's proven that Infernape and Greninja won't be used, this team that trained off screen is going to blow all those losers calling themselves champions.

In addition, there is also Lucario, a Pokémon that increases in power based on the good times it had with its friends. I think that soon Ash will take Lucario to Disneyland to increase their friendship to unsuspected limits and surely he will defeat Arceus with an aura sphere the size of Mars.
But there is no prophecy like there was with Ash-Greninja

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I mean having all the regional champions does make sense... If they only focused on the games available on Switch we could have had this, possibly.

1. Leon (SwSh) Galar Champion
2. Cynthia (BDSP) Sinnoh Champion
3. Lance (LGPE) Kanto & Johto Champion
4. Mustard (SwSh) Ex-Galar Champion
5. Ingo (PLA) Battle Subway Boss
6. Palmer (BDSP) Battle Tower Frontier Brain
7. Peony (SwSH) Ex-Steel-type Galar Gym Leader
8. Ash

And wow what a sausage fest.

I'm glad we at least have Diantha and Iris to accompany Cynthia in terms of women in the tournament.

My one real replacement for the actual rankings would have just been to replace Alain with Paul. Alain seemed to rely mostly on Charizard but Paul constantly rotated his team. Plus Cynthia pretty much alluded to both Ash and Paul being in the Champion Cup and looking forward to that day. :(

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m content with the Masters 8 as selected. I prefer Alain over Paul as Paul’s story ended in DP and he doesn’t add any narrative weight to the tournament. And besides Alain, it doesn’t make sense to have anyone but Champions in the M8.

Now I don't care about the M8 since it's proven that Infernape and Greninja won't be used,
Citation needed.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
The Champions are usually regarded as the most powerful people in their regions, and these people have had build-up to establish their power and importance. They're great candidates to make up the top 8.

I wouldn't want Brandon or Paul because Ash beat them when he was much less experienced. There's less hype there. Likewise, Ingo/Emmet, Palmer, and the other Frontier Brains never had as much build-up or felt all that strong in comparison to the Champions. Elite Four are also not that impressive, since they'd be below their Champions.

I really wouldn't want to see some important game character who never debuted, like Benga. I love Benga, but the anime didn't spend years building him up or showing him off, so it wouldn't be as satisfying.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Nothing wrong with that... Though it could've been more diverse with respect to the games... Especially PLA...

Ingo replacing Iris...

Status
Not open for further replies.