• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nope. The lack of reserves killed it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Not particularly. I consider this to be a bigger version of a Pokemon League tournament, and since I don't typically enjoy how the anime handles Pokemon Leagues, I can't say that I have high hopes for this tournament either. I've already said before that whether Satoshi beats Dande or not doesn't interest me since his journey is bound to continue whether or not he becomes the World Champion.

Red and Blue

I'm interested in Ash's match with Steven, Leon, and hopefully Cynthia so yeah I'm a bit hyped. I was always pretty indifferent towards Ash facing Alain again and beating him, though admittedly him getting sacrificed to Leon is a pretty **** deal.

Reserves would have been nice but their absence is easier to swallow when you remember Ash is only getting three matches

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Is it Perfect? No

But considering 3 years ago we had a League which had James, Sophocles, Lana, Hau in top 8 and 1vs1 Pokemon battles at this point and now we have freaking Champions Fighting each other in at least 3vs3 - yes, I am hyped.

I generally prefer Ash fighting game characters rather than anime exclusives.

The Tournament is not a Perfect one but I will enjoy this ride.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Kind of. I’ll mostly likely get to see Ash battle my favorite Champions (Cynthia and Leon) but I found a lot of Journeys’s previous battles to be mediocre and admittedly it’s hard for me to get invested with this team alone taking on Champions. Maybe the upcoming episode will change my mind but for now I’m in the middle

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Something I’m not exactly happy with is the…. team decisions? The thought of so many cross ups is slightly annoying. Along with the possibility of three Charizards and Dragonites being here.

Also in addition it seems like they could be potentially shuffling Cynthia’s and Alain’s team which would of been better if they just left it as it is

It doesn’t seem like much tension is coming from these battles so hopefully their earlier interactions before the match steams some interesting dialogue. The preview seems to imply Cynthia, Diantha, Lance and Steven are at least possibly acquainted. Hopefully it’s not just a silent match where they’re throwing commands.

Is it Perfect? No

But considering 3 years ago we had a League which had James, Sophocles, Lana, Hau in top 8 and 1vs1 Pokemon battles at this point and now we have freaking Champions Fighting each other in at least 3vs3 - yes, I am hyped.

I generally prefer Ash fighting game characters rather than anime exclusives.

The Tournament is not a Perfect one but I will enjoy this ride.
''The rightful Champion candidate for Johto (located at Mt. Silver):'' May I ask who are you referring to?

Pteranodonte

That huge "World tournament" has been a huge disappointment since the start, and it appears it will end as such.
For 3 years we saw like 10 battles all against the same types (Electric, Fighting and Dragon), and now we are gonna see a bunch of rushed 3v3 battles filled with Pokémon we saw 1000 times already during this saga.
Also no reserves? That alone kills it for me.
Man, if I just think of what that could have been, with Ash facing new and old foes like every 5 episodes or so while rotating his team... That would have been so good. But nope, we got some rushed battles. And no, it is not because of Go, it is because the writers during this saga likely spent their time on drugs or something.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness