• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Honestly, this entire setup could’ve been vastly improved by them doing what the games did with Leon where the point of the final tournament was for the ability to challenge him for his title rather than actually having him in the Masters 8 tournament. That way, half of the bracket wouldn’t be rendered completely meaningless by misfortune of existing on the same side as Leon especially since no matter who battles him, they’re nothing more than canon fodder.
In that case, the whole tournament is meaningless since Ash is basically guaranteed to go to the finals. I feel like feeding characters to Leon will at least build him up as an even bigger threat for Ash, while fleshing out his team.

In that case, the whole tournament is meaningless since Ash is basically guaranteed to go to the finals. I feel like feeding characters to Leon will at least build him up as an even bigger threat for Ash, while fleshing out his team.
094.png
675.png
637.png
330.png
468.png
186.png

sorry to be nosy, but is this your favorite team of all time or something? It's just that I'm always curious

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
094.png
675.png
637.png
330.png
468.png
186.png

sorry to be nosy, but is this your favorite team of all time or something? It's just that I'm always curious
No problem at all! It's my current ORAS team. I wanted a team of Pokemon I like, but it had to represent each generation and have no type overlap.

How angry do you think people would be if the Final 4 match up were

Leon vs Cynthia and Ash vs Diantha?
I would take this as a personal attack and file a restraining order against Journeys.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
That’s exactly why I always defended the decision to skip the first rounds in the Kalos League. Yeah, it would’ve been cool to see Noivern getting some wins, but we knew that Ash will make it to the finals, so those battles would be rather meaningless.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm really looking forward to all the interractions.

And forcing us to wait 2 weeks afterward is a plain torture.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
As is, Ash is already guaranteed to go to the finals. At very least if you eliminate Leon from the bracket entirely, sans Ash’s matches, the tournament becomes a lot less predictable compared to now where the only match that the outcome isn’t obvious is Lance vs Diantha.

Dragonnair

Eww, the battles can never be bad enough for that xD.
Most of the recent Project Mew eps have all been good and made fantastic use of Gary, so I don't understand what the comparison is here.

No I’m not hyped up at all. I only say that because when the PWC just started, it seemed like such an exciting thing but then slowly it went downhill and then it just became a rushed mess. The next thing is, like somebody previously said, there’s no stakes. We already predict how majority of the battles will turn out. All I’m saying right now is that if Iris beats Cynthia then I’m seriously done lol. Cynthia and Ash need to have a battle once and for all.
I don't know what you mean by, "no stakes." Yes we know the finals will be Ash/Leon and we can more or less predict who will win and who won't, but that doesn't mean the stakes aren't there. It's like in every previous league we knew Ash would win every match till he got to his main rival, beat them, and then lose the next match. It's no different than usual.

Dragonnair

No, no they haven't, I could care less what Gary does if it involves Goh, nothing Goh has done has any meaning because whatever he's gotten so far isn't going to do anything for him since it's been established that no one but Cinderace, Inteleon, and the shoulder pad is ever going to do anything of anything in terms of battles so I just don't care. Just give him the damn mew and lets get this pointless ass arc over with smh.
So you basically proved you have no idea what you're talking about. He's been using his pokemon effectively along with Gary to battle legendaries, or using Inteleon with Tokio to battle other trainers. Capturing random pokemon is not the main point of them. Saying "I couldn't care less what Gary does if it involves Go" is the dumbest thing I ever heard since this is the best usage Gary has ever had since the Kanto arc ended.

Dragonnair

Absolutely nothing and yet he's one of the three that is always there which is my point.

No, he uses Cinderace and Inteleon to battle and then once in awhile will throw in one of the others randomly who just end up being KO'd quickly unless they are Golurk for obvious giant reasons.
What does that have to do with the Project Mew episodes? The random captures he makes in episodes has nothing to do with them. He's used Cinderace consistently and Inteleon much more. He's used Flygon in numerous episodes, as well as Dewgong. The plot of each Project Mew ep is also different, some are raid battles against legends, others are collecting a specific item from a pokemon, others are battle tournaments in the wrecked ship in Hoenn, etc.

Again, this Goh Arc is boring to me and Gary being interested in Mew doesn't really mean much to me either. If this had been an arc of Ash and Gary researching something together maybe I would care but as of right now, Goh jacking rivals of Ash's when they have all these random ass characters they could have used instead is lame to me.
What you're saying makes no sense, "Go jacking rivals" means Gary is getting the best role he ever had since the Kanto saga. Who cares if the writers treat him as Go's rival? Gary is battling legendaries (Moltres, Articuno, Regi's), using all his classic pokemon in battle like Blastoise, Umbreon, Arcanine, Electrivire and we're seeing him with new pokemon like Hatterene, etc.

This is the best role Gary has ever had in the series since Kanto, since in both Johto and DP he barely appeared and didn't get much focus to himself when he did show up. His development this series is also natural progression for him.

UnovaMaster

No you said he's been using his pokemon effectively which is crap. He has over a 100 pokemon and maybe uses less then 10 consistently effectively and ignores all the rest lol.

Again, the episodes have been boring to me because Goh's goal is stupid and the execution has been horrible. His pokemon are pretty much robots with no personality and even the ones he bonded with like Cubone went on to be forgotten completely. Outside of the main 3 and on occasion one of the others who serve a purpose like floatation device or flier, they are completely devoid of anything interesting.

I care that they pawned off one of Ash's most Iconic rivals onto Goh for literally no logical reason. Goh has a rival, Goh has all those side characters they introduced for this arc, Gary wasn't needed.

There could have been such an impactful arc with Gary helping Ash train and prepare for the tournament while reflecting on their journeys and Ash helping Gary research something he's passionate about but no instead they tacked him onto Goh's stupid goal which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.

Why is your favorite Pokemon a Pokemon whose soul does not reflect your own?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Nope
I expected more and exciting battles.
And they give us Alain vs Leon, and Cynthia vs Iris whose winner is very obvious. Also it'll be short as heck. They could've given us a Round Robin at least but it will just be 3 rounds. Also no reserves yet again.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Tournament arcs never really interested me but this is better than the 1v1 matchups I expected until Ash vs Leon so I'm not let down at least. Is it wrong that I just don't care for the lack of reserves or Alain returning just to prop up Leon as the ultimate Charizard trainer? Alain is my favourite character in this franchise by a long shot and I just don't feel anything. I think the matchups we got were the best possible outcome objectively. We could have gotten battles with more personal stakes likes Alain or Iris vs Ash but we've seen those before and a revenge match against Alain wouldn't have been gratifying without Greninja. What's been shown in the previews looks alright I guess so it's whatever.

Dragonnair

I care that they pawned off one of Ash's most Iconic rivals onto Goh for literally no logical reason. Goh has a rival, Goh has all those side characters they introduced for this arc, Gary wasn't needed.

There could have been such an impactful arc with Gary helping Ash train and prepare for the tournament while reflecting on their journeys and Ash helping Gary research something he's passionate about but no instead they tacked him onto Goh's stupid goal which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place.
That still literally has nothing to do with Gary or Go's goal, which isn't just capturing Pokemon. They've had consistently good episodes for awhile now focused on raid battles or battle tournaments.

Also why on earth are you so bothered Gary is part of Go's rival? His role on the show had been done for 20 years and he even barely appeared in DP. Gary's role is basically his development as a researcher and as I mentioned, he's using all his original pokemon, battling legendaries and being involved in the plot. The fact that some of you are so shallow that you try to downplay Gary's best role in the show in literally 20 years because he's part of Go's goal is ridiculous. "Gary's research he's passionate about" is literally what he's doing. The fact that you can't comprehend that Gary is doing exactly what he should be. Your loss, I guess.