• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

Dragonnair

Goh's goal is LITERALLY just catching pokemon. His goal is literally to catch all pokemon and catch Mew lol.

Those aren't the Project Mew eps. I'm not talking about the random fillers he captures a pokemon in.

I've literally explained like twice now why I'm mad that Gary is Goh's rival. I don't want Goh to be involved with Gary at all. If they had established Gary as Goh's rival from the beginning of the series maybe it would be better but they just tacked him on 70 episodes into the series out of literally nowhere.

I wanted Gary to be apart of Ash's journey, not Goh's, I've been very clear on this from the jump.
What you're saying makes no sense, since Gary and Ash battled Moltres together (and double teamed it with Pikachu/Electrivire), Articuno together, and Gary is also showing off all his classic Pokemon like Blastoise, Umbreon, Arcanine, etc. Gary would be doing the same thing whether he was part of Go's goal or not.

Gary's role with Ash was done, that's why he also barely did anything in DP. He appeared briefly to give Gligar a Razor Fang to evolve, had a small cameo in the Galactic finale, but otherwise Gary's role in DP was so small (he only appeared in 3 episodes), he might as well have not have been in it at all. Seeing Gary involved in the plot and battling legendaries alongside Ash and his companion is something I never thought we'd see. The fact that Gary is also getting development as a researcher and isn't just stagnant or depowered is also great.

UnovaMaster

Goh's goal is LITERALLY just catching pokemon. His goal is literally to catch all pokemon and catch Mew lol.

I've literally explained like twice now why I'm mad that Gary is Goh's rival. I don't want Goh to be involved with Gary at all. If they had established Gary as Goh's rival from the beginning of the series maybe it would be better but they just tacked him on 70 episodes into the series out of literally nowhere.

I wanted Gary to be apart of Ash's journey, not Goh's, I've been very clear on this from the jump.

I hope Goh catches a Cyndaquil

Dragonnair

I'm sorry are you under the impression that this project mew crap is a seperate goal?! No, his goal is to get Mew and that's why he's doing all this crap because the chance of him finding Mew alone is slim but with all those other people it rises. Whether it is him catching random pokemon or going on a mission, it's still part of the same stupid goal lol.
What on earth are you even talking about? The Project Mew stuff is about earning tokens and performing tasks. Him capturing Pokemon is just something Go is doing on his own. Literally the last two Project Mew eps were about Go battling trainers in a sudden death match of 1 on 1 battles, and going with Gary to solve the mystery's of the Regi's to battle and capture them in a tag team. Before that it was about getting Volcarona's spores or a Moltres flame feather.

Either way this is all giving Gary the best focus in terms of character and battling he's had in...ever?

No it makes plenty of sense, I want him to do all that stuff with Ash, not with Goh, it's pretty simple.
He did do all that stuff with Ash though, do you even read? Gary and Ash literally tag teamed Moltres and Articuno together. Gary and Ash did a double thunderbolt with their electric pokemon. He's also naturally researching Pokemon as an extension of his character. The only solo stuff Gary did with Go is the Regi quest which is fine.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Actually tbh the Mew stuff is his secondary goal lol. His dream is to catch every pokemon so those filler captures are more along his dream then the Mew stuff.
Wait wasn’t it reversed?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Kind of. I’ll mostly likely get to see Ash battle my favorite Champions (Cynthia and Leon) but I found a lot of Journeys’s previous battles to be mediocre and admittedly it’s hard for me to get invested with this team alone taking on Champions. Maybe the upcoming episode will change my mind but for now I’m in the middle
lol

Dragonnair

Actually tbh the Mew stuff is his secondary goal lol. His dream is to catch every pokemon so those filler captures are more along his dream then the Mew stuff.

I don't want Goh involved at all, I don't know how many more ways I can say this. I want Ash and Gary to do stuff ON THEIR OWN away from Goh just like Goh is apparently allowed to do stuff without Ash.
That's exactly what Gary's role is, you're just seemingly bothered by Go. I also don't know why you keep bringing up the fillers where Go captures a pokemon, those are not the Project Mew missions. You literally seem to not comprehend his catching goal and the Project Mew missions are two different things.

And Gary and Ash have had a lot of focus together too.

Dragonnair

Simple: They hate Goh and are apalled Goh would get the 'honour' of having Gary be a rival even if it makes perfect sense writing wise and just want everything to be for Ash
What he's saying also makes no sense either, Ash and Gary battled together against Moltres and Articuno. And Gary is getting the best showcasing of his skills and as a battler too like in the Regi ep.

Dragonnair

The rest of the matches are getting full episodes and the animation looks to be better. Judging it by half a Alan battle is pointless since we also knew it would be a curbstomp

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The rest of the matches are getting full episodes and the animation looks to be better. Judging it by half a Alan battle is pointless since we also knew it would be a curbstomp

It's not the battle, it's the lack of introductions and the lack of development of this tournament.

But hey that Blue Pokemon episode was really worth it huh?

Dragonnair

It's not the battle, it's the lack of introductions and the lack of development of this tournament.

But hey that Blue Pokemon episode was really worth it huh?
Fillers from months/year ago wouldn't make this any longer or less. They set a number of eps for the tournaments each time.

The introductions were fine for Iris and the others and Ash with her, but they should have made Alan/Leon a full episode.

BobbbidyBob

if I cared, even though I don’t, I would say that I’m sure one or two battles will look good. But like, this is a world tournament and the Masters 8, so like....I think all of them should look good! The first match should have already inspired me to care, if not for the characters who are battling, but now it seems like even the writers would vote for “nah” on this poll, or worse “I don’t care as fu***”. I agree with Tomioka, if the only battles that the writers care about are Ash’s and are the only ones that will look good, then the rest should have been slides, not disappointments.

Lol Sorry, I think I sounded too harsh for this, iick....it wasn’t my intention.

Last edited: