• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Hell no, there is no positive for me. Journey's battle animation has been atrocious compared to the last two seasons, no reserves, 3v3s, and we already know that the matchups mean nothing because Ash is guaranteed to battle Leon. The only thing that might generate an iota of hype out of me would be Ash vs Cynthia.

I am definitely hyped to see this series end though :)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It depends now, the expectations have now been swifted. I’m now more interested in individual character interactions, the composed music that will be played, Iris’/Cynthia’s/Steven’s last Pokémon. and the Garchomp vs Haxorus rematch. So nothing really about the actual battling of the tournament itself or at least not heavy hype placed on it

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Give me Ash vs Cynthia, a good and well animated battle, and I could consider the whole thing saved.

Of course, that's an optimistic statement, I'm not actually expecting a good battle. Or a well animated one.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Aside from that Leon, the PWC seems interesting to me.
Now we have 3 weeks without Pokemon anime news or episodes.. =[
Drought...

bichyungu

I wonder if the Masters 8 will battle it out for their final rankings. Since Alain lost, did he fall in rank? If so, I am sure everyone who loses in the QFs will drop some ranks. That sucks for the top 3.
That may improve the hype. If it does not happen, still no hype.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I wish there was a 50/50 option. I am hyped in a sense but I am still very disappointed in the missed opportunities here.

I guess the Each ‘Mon getting 2 battles seems very likely:

Ash VS Steven: Pikachu, Gengar, ?(Sirfetch’d)

Ash VS Cynthia: Dragonite, Dracovish, ?(Lucario)

Ash VS Leon: Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d, Dracovish

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I wish there was a 50/50 option. I am hyped in a sense but I am still very disappointed in the missed opportunities here.

I guess the Each ‘Mon getting 2 battles seems very likely:

Ash VS Steven: Pikachu, Gengar, ?(Sirfetch’d)

Ash VS Cynthia: Dragonite, Dracovish, ?(Lucario)

Ash VS Leon: Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d, Dracovish
I really hope Semis are 6v6. Quarters not being 6v6 is enough of a crime...

SoundVoltex

After watching all of Round 1, I don't feel any real excitement. Same can be said for Sun and Moon for me, but the exhibition battle was some of the best and most hype scenes in anime history. Don't have high hopes, but don't mind being pleasantly surprised at the end.

I felt like Kalos was really hype throughout the entire tournament and really recognized Ash as the person to watch. I don't feel that here. If anything, it feels forced.

BobbbidyBob

At this pace it feels like a drag, why couldn’t they listen to Tomiyasu and just show the Ash battles, uuuuuugh *huge tired sigh*