• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm not judging the tournament until it's done. I personally think it's ret*rded to judge a book/movie/series etc... without having finished it first.
Okay and people think it’s stupid using a known slur when you have other ways of expressing yourself… “PErSZONALY”.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Don't know what that is.
ASOIAF (A song of ice and fire) are the original book material source for Game of Thrones, the popular HBO TV Show that followed the book before divering paths after s4 owing to the books not being completed/the last two books not being particularly helpful in adaptation. They took some elements and some of George R R Martin's (the author) future elements in the later seasons but it was mostly show original

Winds of Winter is meant to be the next asoiaf book and the second last book, and us book fans have been waiting for it to be written by GRRM since 2011, so it's been 11 years now and the book still isn't finished

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ah. The only things I know about Game of Thrones are:

1. "Winter is coming"
2. Incest
3. S8 ending is apparently an absolute disgrace to the series.
Yeah sadly that's pretty much what the online fandom likes to sprout on a daily basis, the show is so much more than that. If you ever do watch it, watch it with a clear mind and ignore what the online cesspool says

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Yeah sadly that's pretty much what the online fandom likes to sprout on a daily basis, the show is so much more than that. If you ever do watch it, watch it with a clear mind and ignore what the online cesspool says
Might check it out at some point. Yeah I always go into things with an open mind. No hive minded half-wits on the internet tell me what to think.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
A big NOOOO. The pacing is horrible. Two recaps, a Chloe episode. I know the breaks aren't their fault, but it makes it feel so disconnected and it goes on forever.

Watch them putting a PM episode in the middle of the M8 too. I hope I am so wrong here.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
A big NOOOO. The pacing is horrible. Two recaps, a Chloe episode. I know the breaks aren't their fault, but it makes it feel so disconnected and it goes on forever.

Watch them putting a PM episode in the middle of the M8 too. I hope I am so wrong here.
Looks like you jinxed that one because there’s a 2-parter PM episode after the semifinals.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Me and my big mouth lol. :eek::eek:o_O So Gou will try to catch Mew in the middle of the M8? Good storytelling at its finest!
I swear this series either has or thinks the audience has the attention span of a gnat.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It feels more like a tournament of fillers and recaps
Seriously, it started months ago and we've had only 3 PWC episodes....
The rest was either recaps, fillers or an episode about a pointless Eevee girl.
Its like they try to do anything else BUT airing a PWC episode in a PWC ARC!

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I swear this series either has or thinks the audience has the attention span of a gnat.
Honestly, you would start to lose interest if you have to wait a month for the tournament to continue. Count the Chloe and Gou stuff they try to squeeze into it too.

What is Ash going to do? Leave Wydon and go with Gou for a PM mission,while he should train for the finals?

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
This tournament is probably at its most enjoyable when all episodes are out and people can just binge them without having to skip filler or wait until the breaks are over. However, even at its best, the Masters Tournament is nothing more than wasted potential.

The champions don‘t interact with each other and even worse, due to Ash being in the stands he doesn’t interact with them either. The battles so far vary from atrocious to average, and honestly, it feels more like COTD‘s battling rather than the strongest trainers in the world. So far none of the battles beat out the Volkner battle, and even the Marnie and Raihan battles were more enjoyable in my opinion.

Right now the tournament is profiting from the hype that Ash is finally beating champions or that some old characters “return“ in a voiceless cameo for 2 seconds. But once the hype fizzles out, there is nothing that would put this tournament (at least the first 4 episodes) above most of the regional league tournaments.

If Ash vs Katie or Ash vs Conway have more rewatch value than Ash vs Steven, than you know something is going horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
This tournament is probably at its most enjoyable when all episodes are out and people can just binge them without having to skip filler or wait until the breaks are over. However, even at its best, the Masters Tournament is nothing more than wasted potential.

The champions don‘t interact with each other and even worse, due to Ash being in the stands he doesn’t interact with them either. The battles so far vary from atrocious to average, and honestly, it feels more like COTD‘s battling rather than the strongest trainers in the world. So far none of the battles beat out the Volkner battle, and even the Marnie and Raihan battles were more enjoyable in my opinion.

Right now the tournament is profiting from the hype that Ash is finally beating champions or that some old characters “return“ in a voiceless cameo for 2 seconds. But once the hype fizzles out, there is nothing that would put this tournament (at least the first 4 episodes) above most of the regional league tournaments.

If Ash vs Katie or Ash vs Cameron have more rewatch value than Ash vs Steven, than you know something is going horribly wrong.
Oh **** that is an outrageous statement, but I have to agree with you. Something in the style of the battle choreography has changed in Journeys. Pokemon wasn't about one to three hit kos before or even jobbing. That only mostly happend at leagues. The battles are FAR from enjoyable. They feel static, lifeless. Really like game battles with sometimes a little touch of anime magic. People are more invested in the silent cameos,than the battles.

Things that bother me:
-Delia not reacting when Ash was announced as number 8/when Ash won against Steven
-Team Rocket getting 4 scenes in one battle.
-All the back and forths between the audience and the battle takes the pace out of the latter.
-is dodging still a thing? Has happened maybe three times in the M8
-Diantha not doing the wink and dodge thing more than once.
-Lance basically having no counter strategy to Diantha bar raw strength and one Flash Cannon.
-Gengar not trying to be invisible to dodge Cradilly Power Whip.
-Pikachu just aimlessly firing Thunderbolt without much strategy. It reminds me of OS type of battling.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
-is dodging still a thing? Has happened maybe three times in the M8
This is the funniest thing to me, because for quite a while PAD was meme-ing about how often "Dodge!" was used.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I rather see this instead of it being the final plot point since I rather the battle with Leon be the final main episodes at the end of the series. Plus you can’t expect 6 straight battles in a row that would be overkill
Of course. Like couldn't they something like the M8 spending time together in Wydon instead?

Eevee903

You are awesome!
The people binging this in a few years time wouldn't know the struggles of waiting a month just for the next battle to release
Yeah, but I guess a series should be watchable the moment it airs. People change their minds for a series after rewatching it. And in JNs case, I think it won't be in the positive way.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well…it is a show for 10 year olds, and they’re not exactly known for their attention spans.

Strong agree on this.

The show is definitely suffering from execution issues. If feels like things have been cut for time and they can’t deliver dynamic, fluid battles that rival the Lumiose Conference.

It’s almost like the show is starved for resources when it needs them most.