• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yeah, but I guess a series should be watchable the moment it airs.
Kids these days don’t know the struggles…

People change their minds for a series after rewatching it. And in JNs case, I think it won't be in the positive way.
It’s true that people will change their view on a series when they can watch all of the episodes together, in order, without waiting. That’s not the only reason views on a series change - they also change as we get older and our interests change.

What makes you think JN won’t be viewed more positively when it can be binged and episodes watched in the correct order?

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I rather see this instead of it being the final plot point since I rather the battle with Leon be the final main episodes at the end of the series. Plus you can’t expect 6 straight battles in a row that would be overkill
Alola and its massive league arc say hi.
Well…it is a show for 10 year olds, and they’re not exactly known for their attention spans.
We were all once the target demographic and it didn’t get this bad until this series.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
That league didn’t have back to back 6 V 6 battles it wasn’t until the exhibition match
Maybe not but it was basically taken up in its entirety with basically nonstop battles for its entire length sans short beats of character interaction and Guzzlord showing up before the exhibition. Even if Ash vs Leon comes up at the same length as Ash vs Kukui, the Masters 8 would still be less episodes of battle.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
At least past series don’t play like someone sat on the skip button :p

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Not even Cynthia vs Ash can save the Master Eight for me anymore. At best I can give it a 6/10 and that is if I am generous.

The first round was like 6/10 just due Cynthia vs Iris. The second round due Diantha vs Leon is already a 2/10, so maybe Cynthia vs Ash can bring it it to a 6/10.

I expect not much for Ash vs Leon.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Still no and never was. No pokemon from the past series made the PWC completely pointless. They should have just did the generic gym quest instead as much as I find that a boring goal for Ash these days.
Kinda agree with this. Most of these battles felt like gym battle level and not league level

Eevee903

You are awesome!
People are still so caught up in the past that I wonder why they still even watch it since they claim to hate everything new that's released.
Hmm some of them think everything since series A or B can't live up to their expectations. Which I don't understand. I don't like comparing series. JN just isn't gooe and that has nothing to do with any past series being better.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Hmm some of them think everything since series A or B can't live up to their expectations. Which I don't understand. I don't like comparing series. JN just isn't gooe and that has nothing to do with any past series being better.
Exactly. I hate comparing stuff too. My series ranking goes:
1. XY
2. DP
3. SM=BW
4. AG
5. Johto
6. Kanto

I'll reserve judgement for Journeys for when it's done. Like, I would like Ash to use his old mons too, but it isn't a make or break for me.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Exactly. I hate comparing stuff too. My series ranking goes:
1. XY
2. DP
3. SM=BW
4. AG
5. Johto
6. Kanto

I'll reserve judgement for Journeys for when it's done. Like, I would like Ash to use his old mons too, but it isn't a make or break for me.
Honestly I just don't like most battles so far in Journeys. Has nothing to do with other series artstyles or battle choreography. And no,not everything needs to be compared to XYs 3d-camera or animation. We won't get that back anytime soon.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
What are you referring to then?
How can I explain this? Journeys makes battles feel like game battles. Like ping pong matches,like chess.

Much jobbers:
  • Alains Malamar​
  • Alains Chestnaught​
  • Diantha's Aurorus​
  • Lances Gyrados​
  • Cynthia's Gastrodon​
  • Iris' Dragonite​
  • Ash’s Dracovish​
  • All of Diantha's Pokemon bar Tyrantrum and Gardevoir vs Leon​

Quick KOs (Gengar vs Mienshao) or long suffering (Dragonite vs Flygon)

nuzamaki90

How? What is great about it?
The first round battles were very enjoyable. I haven’t enjoyed a round of battles this much since DP. The dynamics between the Champions and seeing all their unique battle styles is fun and engaging. The cameos have been great fanservice for long term fans, and the tournament as a whole has just been fun to watch. I’ve rewatched the first batch of episodes several times. Even today’s episode I enjoyed to an extent when it focused on the tournament and not the obligatory “someone gets lost” side plot. I don’t know how anyone could watch Mega Gardevoir VS Gigantamax Charizard and not enjoy at least some part of it.