• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Masters Tournament? (Yes/No)

Are you hyped for the masters tournament??????????

• Total voters

Eevee903

You are awesome!
The first round battles were very enjoyable. I haven’t enjoyed a round of battles this much since DP. The dynamics between the Champions and seeing all their unique battle styles is fun and engaging. The cameos have been great fanservice for long term fans, and the tournament as a whole has just been fun to watch. I’ve rewatched the first batch of episodes several times. Even today’s episode I enjoyed to an extent when it focused on the tournament and not the obligatory “someone gets lost” side plot. I don’t know how anyone could watch Mega Gardevoir VS Gigantamax Charizard and not enjoy at least some part of it.
Well opinions differ and I am glad you enjoy it. I didn't at all so far tbh.

Ultra Beast Lover

I just wish they didn't keep doing the recaps, they shouldn't be needed. It's not about kids' attention spans either. I dunno, maybe I was weird but when I was even younger than ten if I sat in front of the TV and liked what I was watching, or sat down and liked what I was reading, then I stuck with it, didn't need to be reminded twenty seven times about what just happened. Now if it was boring or badly written then I'd be likely to get up and just leave the room, or skim the book until it got to the interesting part. And that's the thing, if a series is well written and interesting, kids will stick around, watch the entire thing, and at least remember the important/memorable stuff, at worst maybe needing a flashback to certain scenes.

If the saga could just make these important events interesting or even just fun to watch then they wouldn't need a recap, but they haven't been. Maybe it'll be better when we get to the Ash battles.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Very much so.
It’s Serebii…so you never know.

I just wish they didn't keep doing the recaps, they shouldn't be needed. It's not about kids' attention spans either. I dunno, maybe I was weird but when I was even younger than ten if I sat in front of the TV and liked what I was watching, or sat down and liked what I was reading, then I stuck with it, didn't need to be reminded twenty seven times about what just happened. Now if it was boring or badly written then I'd be likely to get up and just leave the room, or skim the book until it got to the interesting part. And that's the thing, if a series is well written and interesting, kids will stick around, watch the entire thing, and at least remember the important/memorable stuff, at worst maybe needing a flashback to certain scenes.

If the saga could just make these important events interesting or even just fun to watch then they wouldn't need a recap, but they haven't been. Maybe it'll be better when we get to the Ash battles.
I don’t think the recaps are there because of kids attention spans. I think they’re there because they’re easy to produce, fill the time slot, and give the animation teams time to get the actual episodes out the door.

Krackochu

This tournament has pissed me off more than any other tournament in the Anime. But it also makes me hyped in a weird way.

Truthfully I feel like they should've had more build up like introducing all the other participators instead of just Leon Cynthia and Iris like ash meeting Lance Alain and Steven before the tourney would've been great.

SkyBlaze9125

How can I explain this? Journeys makes battles feel like game battles. Like ping pong matches,like chess.

Much jobbers:
  • Alains Malamar​
  • Alains Chestnaught​
  • Diantha's Aurorus​
  • Lances Gyrados​
  • Cynthia's Gastrodon​
  • Iris' Dragonite​
  • Ash’s Dracovish​
  • All of Diantha's Pokemon bar Tyrantrum and Gardevoir vs Leon​

Quick KOs (Gengar vs Mienshao) or long suffering (Dragonite vs Flygon)
Okay Gastrodon, Aurorus, and Chestnaught are not jobbers

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Bar the Cynthia fight, this tournament has been mid at best so far. The breaks, regardless of their nature, ruin the flow of the tournament. Recaps like JN119,JN121 and JN126 are not timed right. And don't get me started on controversial fights like Alain vs Leon and Diantha vs Leon.

The +:
-The cameos
-Iris vs Cynthia
-Ash vs Cynthia
Funny how the Cynthia battles are the good ones lol