• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Project Mew?

?????

• Yes

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 44 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Project Mediocre feels very random at times. I dont not blame people not caring about it, I do not either. The concept sounds nice, but the execution is rather meh. It is always the same: catch,collect or battle. I kinda wished the used original storylines that actually impacted Gou in Project Mediocre.

KukuiFanatic501

I'm not opposed to the home base formula but it also has its drawbacks. Going on a journey worked because, like the games, it was the ultimate kid's fantasy. You got to leave home, see different sights, and take down corruption. However, that formula had the drawback of having certain generic stories like getting lost in the woods, an episode about a snowy area, not to mention how at times it could be a little odd how problems don't get fixed until the heroes happen to arrive. Also, it could take a long time to get to certain towns and cities.

The home base formula makes it so that the heroes can just go to a place without the in between stuff but it removes a very important aspect of Pokemon, something even Pokemon Go had, which is travelling. Not to mention, this formula caused the Galar Gym leaders to get the shaft
To be fair, I think what really screwed over the Galar gym leaders more than anything else wasnt the home base format itself, but rather, the PWC. I still don’t know why at this point they chose to do a world championship style tourney and make Leon the world monarch instead of just making him Galars unbeatable champ like in the games. It’s like they took some bits of Masters, mixed it with SwSh, and ta da! You get Journeys.

I feel like if Journeys stuck with having only the Galar league instead of the PWC, the Galar gym leaders would’ve had more limelight (or in most of their cases, actual limelight)

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
To be fair, I think what really screwed over the Galar gym leaders more than anything else wasnt the home base format itself, but rather, the PWC. I still don’t know why at this point they chose to do a world championship style tourney and make Leon the world monarch instead of just making him Galars unbeatable champ like in the games. It’s like they took some bits of Masters, mixed it with SwSh, and ta da! You get Journeys.

I feel like if Journeys stuck with having only the Galar league instead of the PWC, the Galar gym leaders would’ve had more limelight (or in most of their cases, actual limelight)
The why is pretty simple; 25th anniversary series so they decided to do a world tournament. Now the mistake they made was setting the home base in Kanto rather than the more logical choice of Galar. At very least then they could have given the gym leaders, characters and locations more focus because it’s just a crime how they treated everything Galar.

KukuiFanatic501

The why is pretty simple; 25th anniversary series so they decided to do a world tournament. Now the mistake they made was setting the home base in Kanto rather than the more logical choice of Galar. At very least then they could have given the gym leaders, characters and locations more focus because it’s just a crime how they treated everything Galar.
While I see where your coming from and what your saying, I don’t see what direct correlation the 25th anniversary has to do with doing a region hopping series with a world tournament format.

If they were going to do their own thing apart from SwSh they could’ve made something similar to the Battle Frontier, where there are secret gym facilities spread across not just Galar, but all the regions, so that Ash would face the Galar gym leaders. Or if anything, they could’ve done this as the preliminary requirement to enter the world championships.

Gingertail24

While I see where your coming from and what your saying, I don’t see what direct correlation the 25th anniversary has to do with doing a region hopping series with a world tournament format.

If they were going to do their own thing apart from SwSh they could’ve made something similar to the Battle Frontier, where there are secret gym facilities spread across not just Galar, but all the regions, so that Ash would face the Galar gym leaders. Or if anything, they could’ve done this as the preliminary requirement to enter the world championships.
Because it gives them a better opportunity for character comeback. Which celebrates 25 years of the anime

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

Because 25 years is considered a big anniversary being the Silver Anniversary and as they used that to have a series that takes place in all regions to celebrate the entire series. For such a thing, a world tournament makes sense since it allows them to make use of all regions.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Honestly WHY would you care about Project Medicore? It has been introduced 69 episodes in the series and it isnt different from what Gou did before PM, raid battles and catching Pokémon. Like would it hurt to spice it up a little bit?

Also wouldn’t Gou have heard about PM, if he was so invested in Mew?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Honestly WHY would you care about Project Medicore? It has been introduced 69 episodes in the series and it isnt different from what Gou did before PM, raid battles and catching Pokémon. Like would it hurt to spice it up a little bit?

I'm mostly curious to see how it ends.

The outcomes of the PWC and Chloe's story are fairly predictable

(Ash will defeat Leon, Chloe's Eevee will Gigantimax, etc)

We have no idea where PM is going

I doubt Goh's really catching Mew so I'm curious where they're going with this

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I'm mostly curious to see how it ends.

The outcomes of the PWC and Chloe's story are fairly predictable

(Ash will defeat Leon, Chloe's Eevee will Gigantimax, etc)

We have no idea where PM is going

I doubt Goh's really catching Mew so I'm curious where they're going with this
They fail blabla and Gou decides to chase Mew with Tokio and Gary.

Gingertail24

Imo the missions weren't that interesting and I feel the buildup didn't have much hype to it tbh. But the expedition itself can be interesting