• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Project Mew?

?????

• Yes

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 44 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Not sure when you mean by it’s end when there is still clearly the Dmax Regigigas and the Mew expedition.

I mean heck saying that Project Mew is over just because Goh completed the trails and became a chaser would be like saying that the PWC ended because Ash beat Raihan and became a part of the Masters 8.
The Project Mew is Goh's way out, at the end of this series, he becomes a chaser and leaves, I doubt we get a Mew mission. the Regigigas might still happen, but otherwise I don't see much.

ShadowForce720

The Project Mew is Goh's way out, at the end of this series, he becomes a chaser and leaves, I doubt we get a Mew mission. the Regigigas might still happen, but otherwise I don't see much.
That’s not really the case because if the Mew expedition was really intended to be Goh’s way out then they would not have had the Mew expedition only last one week.

If you look at every time when a character is going to be leaving or potentially leaving the main cast and not rejoining the main cast the period of time there leaving for is either not a set amount of time or if it a set time it’s something long like a month or more.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
That would’ve been terrible considering Ash had to go through the process of making Max Soup for Gengar to be able to G-Max yet for Go, they’d just hand it to him.
Pikachu G-Max'd without the need for Soup

Some Pokemon are already G-Max capable even without the need for Soup

It just really depends on whether Cinderace and Inteleon are already G-Max capable with or without the Soup

(And it's been implied Cinderace is G-Max capable in the DD Arc)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Definitely! Project Mew has imo been the only CONSISTENTLY well written storyline in the entire series and is entirely original and independent to the series only, with their usage of a past character being so much well done as well! Every Project Mew episode has been absolutely top tier and clearly where the writing of the staff excels, and Goh despite his goal missteps prior to Project Mew, is a really compelling character to me so im hyped to see his conclusion!!
And heck, we'll probably have a cool Dynamax Reggigas battle too with other GMaxes. And I have a hunch Calyrex and The Galarian birds may appear as well but I'll save that speculation for another time

I think he'll have Meganium and (GMax) Orbettle.
On the contrary I think he'll have Venusaur so he could show off G max Venusaur while Gary shows off G Max Blastoise, Goh shows off G max Cinderace and Inteleon and Tsurugi and Asahi show off Gigatanmax Urshifu, completing the DLC G-Maxes

Sham

The Guardian of War
More Horace? yES

Also, if Pikachu GMAXED without soup doesn't that mean that this whole time Ash jumping and hurting himself to prevent a Thunder Stone from touching Pika and spending episodes debating to evolve him was essentially useless?

Red and Blue

More Horace? yES

Also, if Pikachu GMAXED without soup doesn't that mean that this whole time Ash jumping and hurting himself to prevent a Thunder Stone from touching Pika and spending episodes debating to evolve him was essentially useless?
Not necessarily. It's not like Ash or Pikachu would have known better before someone explained it to them(assuming that's even a thing in the anime)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Not necessarily. It's not like Ash or Pikachu would have known better before someone explained it to them(assuming that's even a thing in the anime)
I was kinda just pointing out the irony not that Ash should know about a future gimmick/phenomenon that would happen series later.

DatsRight

I do think Project Mew is interesting in a way. It's something the show to its credit has never really done before.

That might be to its benefit. A lot of fans don't really like the idea of legendaries being treated like quick 'final bosses' that are captured rather easily, and I think it's easier to swallow at such a later point where tons of them have already made common appearances. It's obvious by this point that not every legendary is at the same deity level as Arceus, some are just super rare and powerful Pokemon.

Battle quality, as with most JN's, is hit and miss, though I think Project Mew has been the best showcases for Goh in terms of his trainer development and experience. I also agree that the use of rivals is pretty good, like Gary returning as a mentor rival, Horace being promising but maybe too overly friendly for his own good, and the more opportunistic rival duo who are willing to fight dirty (even if they sadly only appeared very late in). In hindsight though, I'm surprised they didn't try to sneak Lana and Manaphy in there somehow.

The chip quota approach I also kinda like, it gives a way of letting others feel like a threat without having to grind the main character's progress to a halt. They also do a decent job showing that Goh couldn't get through simply on good runner up.

I think it still could use more substance as an actual professional goal, but I think it excells above many previous anime-exclusive ones, having good longevity, building on agency and just being good for character building. It also doesn't feel like a diluted variation of one of the previous goals like the showcases did.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Aren’t we done with it? He got accepted into the program, we don’t have much time left till the next series comes for more, what else is their to do?

With that being said no, i want out of Journey’s already.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Aren’t we done with it? He got accepted into the program, we don’t have much time left till the next series comes for more, what else is their to do?

Oh, there should be time for a Project Mew arc--even it's kinda short--after the Masters 8 tournament (especially if we get more short battles like Leon vs. Alan).

The REAL question is how much time they'll dedicate to Project Mew, and how much will be wasted on filler faffing (mainly in Vermilion City/Cerise Park)...<_<

Also, it appears we're getting another Sinnoh arc too, so we have to try to figure that into the equation o_O

BlueDragonfangirl

Oh, there should be time for a Project Mew arc--even it's kinda short--after the Masters 8 tournament (especially if we get more short battles like Leon vs. Alan).

The REAL question is how much time they'll dedicate to Project Mew, and how much will be wasted on filler faffing (mainly in Vermilion City/Cerise Park)...<_<

Also, it appears we're getting another Sinnoh arc too, so we have to try to figure that into the equation o_O
What I’m asking, what else do we to do for Project Mew? I thought it was just about him getting into the thing, that should be it.

I wouldn’t mind another shinoh arc if it’s Paul or Barry’s chance to shine instead of Dawn, she had a lot of cameos,

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Pikachu G-Max'd without the need for Soup

Some Pokemon are already G-Max capable even without the need for Soup

It just really depends on whether Cinderace and Inteleon are already G-Max capable with or without the Soup

(And it's been implied Cinderace is G-Max capable in the DD Arc)
Pikachu has also been used as the advertisement for Pikachu based features ever since Volt Tackle and acts as the anime’s counterpart to the the G-Max Pikachu with basically remaining as a Pikachu.

And while there are numerous Pokémon that come with G-Max factor, the Galar starters aren’t among them. Even when it comes to ones that are given as a distribution, the player still has to give them the Max Soup. And where was there ever any implication of Cinderace being able to G-Max because I don’t recall any such thing.

ShadowForce720

What I’m asking, what else do we to do for Project Mew? I thought it was just about him getting into the thing, that should be it.

I wouldn’t mind another shinoh arc if it’s Paul or Barry’s chance to shine instead of Dawn, she had a lot of cameos,
Nope, the final thing for Project Mew is the Mew expedition.

The trials for and tokens where pretty much the badge or ribbon or keys equivalent for Project Mew.

Saying that were done with Project Mew just because Goh got selected as a chaser is like saying that after Ash beat Raihan that were done with the PWC because Ash got into the Masters 8.

Or for instance that Ash, May, Dawn or Serena where done with the league contest or showcase because they got 8 gym badges, 5 Ribbons, or 3 keys.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
And while there are numerous Pokémon that come with G-Max factor, the Galar starters aren’t among them. Even when it comes to ones that are given as a distribution, the player still has to give them the Max Soup. And where was there ever any implication of Cinderace being able to G-Max because I don’t recall any such thing.
It doesn't really matter.

The Games mechanics =/= Anime

Even so, knowing the writers of JN, they would probably just hand wave Goh feeding them G-Max Soup off-screen

Either way the Cinderace and Inteleon's G-Max forms are gonna be shown off since they just showed Rillaboom's G-Max and it doesn't make much sense for them to show 1 Starter G-Max form and not the others.

And guess who is the only Trainer with both Cinderace and Inteleon and can show off their G-Max Forms?

Raboot Dynamaxing during the DD Arc was literally foreshadowing that it is going to G-Max at some point

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
It doesn't really matter.

The Games mechanics =/= Anime

Even so, knowing the writers of JN, they would probably just hand wave Goh feeding them G-Max Soup off-screen

Either way the Cinderace and Inteleon's G-Max forms are gonna be shown off since they just showed Rillaboom's G-Max and it doesn't make much sense for them to show 1 Starter G-Max form and not the others.

And guess who is the only Trainer with both Cinderace and Inteleon and can show off their G-Max Forms?

Raboot Dynamaxing during the DD Arc was literally foreshadowing that it is going to G-Max at some point
Except they went completely out of their way to introduce the fact that Max Soup is a thing within the anime, thus following the mechanics of the game as, prior to that, people assumed that a Pokémon could just automatically have G-Max if it was a Pokémon that had a G-Max form.

Also, the hand wave of ‘he did it offscreen’ is ridiculous enough when it came to PWC things happening and it’s even worse when it comes to the sheer number of freebies that they’ve given Go in a series where they should have naturally developed him.

Given that Regigigis is the target of this future raid battle, even if they do give Go G-Max, you’re not gonna get both Inteleon and Cinderace since, just like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, a trainer is only able to Dynamax once per battle, a rule that the anime has kept to.

And that’s a serious reach on the Raboot bit as absolutely nothing about that even implies it can G-Max, especially when why would he Dynamax any other Pokémon when, as far as we were shown, his only other Pokémon with him at the time had been Sobble and a fresh caught Bunnelby.

Last edited:

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I love Goh, but I don't care about the hypothetical Project Mew climax. Realistically, what's going to happen? Maybe they battle Regigigas? They'll likely find Mew at the end, but Mew leaves and Goh and co. basically go, "Well, let's keep searching?" I don't see this being a major development for Goh's character. At best, it'd just cap his development off and give him an exit.

If this lead to Go actually getting Mew and then reflecting on what he'll do next, then I'd be interested. Otherwise a mission doomed to failure isn't interesting. That's a huge reason why the anime got stale in the first place.

That logic is pretty flawed. So the Galar starters you get in-game don't have G-Maxes, why would that matter in the anime? Them not having G-Max isn't tied to lore or game mechanics, they just made the forms for DLC. There's no reason Goh's Pokemon can't have G-Max naturally, especially since wild Pokemon can just have it naturally. We even saw a random old Snorlax Gigantamax in the show.

Besides, Goh's starters aren't from Magnolia's lab. There's no use applying arbitrary game elements when they already changed things. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time the show changed things for the sake of promotion. Ash caught a Meltan in Alola and got a special Lycanroc without connecting to the internet and downloading it as a Mystery Gift.

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

The sweet smell of copium!

Ash will probably be missing 5 episodes in a row during this, as a test run for the anime w/o him