• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you hype for the Project Mew?

?????

• Yes

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 44 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Couldn't care less about Goh or his boring af goal, but I expect it to be more high-quality than the Masters 8 tournament, with way more thought put into it. If I were a Goh fan, I'd be super-pumped for what's obviously going to be an amazing arc for Goh fans.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I’d probably care more if it had been introduced earlier rather than seeming like a late way to actually give Go something to do so he actually has something going on that’s not just chucking balls at everything with a pulse and if it wasn’t so all over the place with the missions. As is, not really hyped at all.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Can people stop acting like Goh did nothing his first year? He made up with Tokio and got through all the Galar starters. They set up several of the things that have rolled into Project Mew, just because we didn't get 5 more missions doesn't mean this arc is hard to invest in.
Do tell how him making up with Tokio, a character introduced in the same episode and didn’t even appear again until the tail end of the series and getting the 3 Galar starters (2 of which were glorified shoulder warmers, ((a low that even gag starters never sank to)) in which one was literally shoved away into a cave until it became more marketable) made for remotely interesting storytelling in a Pokémon anime? If this were a slice of life show maybe he’d be more interesting as a character but as is, his story was possibly one of least interesting out of all the characters paired with Ash in the main cast. Project Mew was a Godsend for Go but even with that was too little too late with making him actually interesting.

UnovaMaster

Do tell how him making up with Tokio, a character introduced in the same episode and didn’t even appear again until the tail end of the series and getting the 3 Galar starters (2 of which were glorified shoulder warmers, ((a low that even gag starters never sank to)) in which one was literally shoved away into a cave until it became more marketable) made for remotely interesting storytelling in a Pokémon anime? If this were a slice of life show maybe he’d be more interesting as a character but as is, his story was possibly one of least interesting out of all the characters paired with Ash in the main cast. Project Mew was a Godsend for Go but even with that was too little too late with making him actually interesting.

God you really really don't understand what the Pokemon anime is lol

I genuinely am starting to hope they just stop animating battles to save money so the bad eggs get thrown out of the carton

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer

I genuinely am starting to hope they just stop animating battles to save money so the bad eggs get thrown out of the carton
Who died and made you the king of gatekeeping in this series? Believe it or not, different people watch the anime for different reasons. Hell, even in the prospect of watching characters grow alongside the Pokémon, Go fundamentally broke that due to sheer quantity over quality to the point that the writers cut corners. You may like Go but it is objective fact that he is an extremely polarizing character within the fandom and your angry faces or rants at anyone daring not to kiss the ground Go walks on isn’t gonna change that.

Gingertail24

I think if project mew and more well known characters attached to it. It would be more hype. So far all they have is Gary. They have yet to develop the urshifu trainers as well.

DatsRight

They were less very interested in those Pokemon and more got them handed to them on a silver platter by Arceus Himself. ;)
I feel like the biggest difference is that they were more attached to them out of sentiment and because they were buddies rather than them being rare and sought after Pokemon. I don't think Mallow even figured out how elusive Shaymin was.

The exception is Lana, who still has yet to even find Manaphy. Goh's caught a legendary but it's on its own terms. Notice the disconnection here.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The fact they’re saving the final episodes of JN for this instead of WCS shows just how far they went with the overglorification of their “invincible and perfect” poster child that is Goh. I’m rather more excited for the show to just end, so that we can get a series for SV that will allow the writing to return to form without having to shove in “all-star” gimmicks so that JN was made specifically to celebrate the franchise’s 25th anniversary. Next series needs to go back to basics.
Y'all really want gym battles, early route shitmon bird&first stage starter, "COTD #5906043 Satoshi and co. walking through a forest" and cute waifu girl companion with no goal back as the formula.

Watch Satoshi lose to Dande than send his Pokemon to the Sakuragi lab just to go to SV-land and find another "home base" to stay around akin to Melemele/Kuchiba.

Gingertail24

Y'all really want gym battles, early route shitmon bird&first stage starter, "COTD #5906043 Satoshi and co. walking through a forest" and cute waifu girl companion with no goal back as the formula.

Watch Satoshi lose to Dande than send his Pokemon to the Sakuragi lab just to go to SV-land and find another "home base" to stay around akin to Melemele/Kuchiba.
I mean the old formula has it's flaws but let's not act that they didn't give us some of the best series in the franchise. Like DP. But old formula or not. If the shows writing isn't good, it doesn't matter what formula they use

STICKTOPIA

So because a person doesn’t like Goh, that means they don’t understand Pokémon anime?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

The reason I want the old formula back is because Journeys has proven to me that changing the formula entirely wasn’t the right move. There’s way too many issues with pacing, lack of development and too much power scaling. Not to mention Ash’s team is the most OP that it’s ever been, despite how inexperienced this team is with being underdeveloped on top of that. Journeys is the reason why I’m worried for SV in the anime.

Last edited: