• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you OCD about anything in your Pokemon game?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I think I may be.

I just saved.
Then looked away from the DS and forgot I saved
Then saved again.
Then looked away and forgot again.
Then saved again and watched to make sure I saved.

THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

I always put my pokemon with pokerus in the PC right before I shut my DS off.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Save multiple times if I'm not sure I saved, check.
Boxes are meticulously ordered when nothing else in my life is, check.

I used to always only catch pokemon if they were the gender I thought most fitting, although I've gotten over that.
I still refuse to evolve a pokemon via a stone until they have learned every useful move, even if I'll then never touch them again.

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
- Get ALL accessible items!
- Battle ALL accessible trainers!

During main story. That's pretty much it.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I save a LOT. Particularly while I was playing through Platinum, especially since the game would occasionally freeze and I'd have to restart from my last save... I did NOT want to lose something I'd caught or progress I'd just made. It froze like that three times during my playthrough. There was a lot of saving.

Otherwise, pokemon get stuck in my PC entirely at random, which can make finding a specific one quite an adventure. And every time I take one out, the order gets shuffled around. I think about half of you would have conniptions upon seeing the state of my in-game PC. The only time I made any attempt at order in there was in Platinum, when I put my caught Unown in alphabetical order.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
~Saving twice and/or really focusing on the "Player saved the game" text to make sure I really did save.

~Double checking PC to make sure I didn't release anything by accident.

~Must have a Water type Pokemon on every team.

~Have to arrange my party in a certain way.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Despite having a nasty past of obsessive tendencies, I can't think of any that I obsessive over in Pokemon actually. :c However after reading through some of these posts I've begun to save two times when I save, just to be sure. Y u do dis Serebii forums. x)

I have to save every time I even move like, a step.
I can't have one Pokemon in a box by itself, I feel like it gets lonely ; A ;
I have to name all my Pokemon, even HM slaves (I usually name them things like "Toothbrush" and "Yolo" xD)
I can't have a girly-looking Pokemon that is a male
Same with things like Machamp as females (wth)
I try to keep a balanced team, no type duplicates! It gets hard when there's a region where a lot of Pokemon I like are the same type :<
Natures, ever since I learned which ones were best for certain Pokes and battle strategies
and last, NO TEAM EVER FEELS RIGHT WITHOUT THAT ONE UBER-CUTE POKEMON ^^;;

Geki

- I have to battle every trainer in the game.

- I don't generally like ever having female Pokemon, I am not sure why.

- I like fast, hard hitting Pokemon, and I hate when a move like Quick Attack hits first and I lose a little HP. I like HP full unless in a Gym fight.

- I do not teach HM moves to Pokemon that I use mainly, except for Surf. I have HM slaves.

- I like carrying only 3 Pokemon with me, but honestly I end up with 5. I like having 1 empty slot, not sure why.

NeutralForce

#YOLOSWAG
I only save in Pokemon Centers in front of Nurse Joy and I only carry 5 Pokemon with me. (I was always scared of random bad eggs. I don't cheat, just paranoid.)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
A lot, actually, at least during my original playthrough.

- I always use a full team of six Pokemon.
- My teams must always have one Fire-type and one Water-type, as well one Grass-type or Electric-type, or both. I also prefer to have a Flyer on my team, though it doesn't have to be Flying-type.
- I can never have two of the same type on my team, and I like to have at least two dual-types.
- All of my Pokemon must be within 2 levels of each other (except in certain situations like using one Pokemon to sweep an E4 member).
- My party Pokemon are always ordered from least to most amount of experience required to level up. Once a Pokemon reaches the next level, I try not to use it until all of my other Pokemon have also leveled up. When I catch a new Pokemon that's lower in level than the others, I try to level it up to within 2 levels of the party before moving on.
- I don't use the same name for my player character twice, and I never name my character after myself.
- I usually save twice, just to be sure I actually saved.

Yeah, I have a lot of requirements for my team. XD After the first playthrough, though, I don't always stick to these rules.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think I may be.

I just saved.
Then looked away from the DS and forgot I saved
Then saved again.
Then looked away and forgot again.
Then saved again and watched to make sure I saved.

That happens to me all the time lol. I almost always save twice because I forget if I saved a first time and I want to make sure that all my data gets recorded.

I'm also careful to place Pokemon in my PC in the exact same spot every time, otherwise it just feels wrong.

493Arceus

Wi-Fi Battle Champ
I always have to put my Pokemon in the same spots in the box. Also, on my Pokemon Emerald, whenever I am on that route with the volcanic ash covering the grass, I always have to walk through every single patch of grass because I want all of them to be green lol

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Even number of Pokemon Seen/Caught (rounded to 10 if possible)
All Pokemon either same level or two levels from each other (rounded to tens if possible)
Boxes cannot have the same themes.
I banish all nicknamed Pokemon
If using the Poketch, I have to save on as much of a rounded number of steps as possible.
Must save on half hour or hour.
Must have 1 Fire type and 1 Dragon type on every run through (Even on Firered I started with Charizard, and still used Dragonite).
Items must be organised alphabetically, and must also have an even number of them.
I cannot have money ending with a none 50 or 00.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
If im not a higher level than the current gym leader I feel like I'm behind in experience and must train my starter to be at least one level above the gyms strongest pokemon.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
I think I'm the only one that does this, but I have to use all my attack moves the same number of times. If I use tackle 5 times, I use quick attack 5 times.

ThisIsPatrick

A few of mine are:

- I don't use legends through out the game.
- My Pokémon team is made up of 6 different types.
- I save again if I get distracted while I saved the first time.
- Every time I start a new game I use 6 different Pokémon.
- I always have my trainer facing me when I save (I do this in all games If I can).