• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you OCD about anything in your Pokemon game?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Yes, I don't like having too many of my Pokemon share the same type weakness. If two Pokemon do share a weakness, I must have a another Pokemon who resists/is immune to that type. I generally dislike monotype teams for this reason. :/

SoulsOfSilver

Natures and their effects on stats. I wish I could get over this, but something like an Adamant Ralts or a Sassy Rapidash just makes me cringe.

I have an OCD towards some of my Pokemon's stats. I named them after certain characters, so they should have stats mimicking those characters.

For example, my Sceptile is called Godzilla. His speed stat as of now is 267, while the Godzilla character is meant to be slow as hell, crashing through cities at slow speeds. At least his Special Attack is correct and has a Modest nature. Not entirely strong physically, still pretty powerful, and his Atomic Ray is his trademark weapon (Solarbeam mimics this perfectly)

But I'm not happy with that speed stat. Since I'm not gonna bother grinding countless hours to reduce it so much, I'm just gonna P*****V all my pokemon, but do it in a legit way.

Räven Velish

black lives matter
- Double Save
- Saving in the middle of that Pokeball in the Pokecenter
- Always having a Fire Type and a Water Type
- My team has to consist of 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, and 2 colors that are different from the aforementioned ones
- I always nickname
- My team members can not have one single type the same as another's
- Normal Types are too "regular"
- No feminine male Pokemon and no masculine female Pokemon
- I need 5 team members that could kick your a** to New Brunswick, and then that one uber cute Pokemon that just makes you go D'AWWWWWWWW
- No HM Slaves(But Surf is awesome)
- I don't use traded Pokemon
- If im not a higher level than the current gym leader I feel like I'm behind in experience and must train my starter to be at least one level above the gym's strongest Pokemon
- I have to explore a whole cave if I even step foot in one

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I HAVE to have my PC Box ordered in Pokedex Order, with Tradable Pokémon at the end! Also, I must Save twice before switching off just to be sure!

Rakurai

IVs.

For some reason, I can't bring myself to use a Pokemon that has an IV lower then 25 in any of its stats that actually matter, and require a minimum of three flawless IVs on any Pokemon I use.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I can't have even one pokemon of the same type. Like, even if it's a dual type. I'll cry myself to sleep.

skeeter13

I always have a box named for every type of pokemon and I keep the moves in numerical order based on PP.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
~ I always save. Like, always. Double save, sometimes triple save before switching off and save right before and right after something important happens.
~ My entire team must be at the exact same level before I move onto the next event/place. Like, the exact same level. If one of my Pokémon was almost to the next level, I would train the rest of my team up to that point.
~ I nickname each and every Pokémon on my team, as well as any Pokémon I plan on training later. Nicknames must suit the gender of the Pokémon.
~ All Pokémon in my team must have genders suiting their appearance. (No male Espeon, for example.)
~ My team must consist of at least one Flying-type or Levitator.
~ Legendaries are never included on my main team.
~ I name the player character something different for every game, and I never name them after myself.

I don't strictly try to follow these, I just do them. Don't know why. It just doesn't seem right if I don't do them.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I used to be really ocd about 'friendship' and not letting them faint XD

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
I'll sometimes save, and a couple minutes later forget I saved and save again just in case.
I am OCD about having only one Pokemon of a type on my team.
I keep my Pokemon at around the same levels.

Yamask

Super Barbie
smh @ the use of "OCD" in this setting, but whatever.

I have to catch all my Pokémon in regular Poké Balls. No Ultra Balls or whatever, even when it comes to legendaries. Also I have to nickname every single Pokémon I catch.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
- Save more than once
- check every building & inch of cities
- I train my starter 3 or 4 levels above the rest of my pokemon
- I carry every type of pokeball, at least 20 of each
- I never have the same two types
- only battle with self trained pokemon
- all legendary pokemon in the same box
- buy more potions & revives than probably needed to face the elite four & save all elixers up till that point
- only switch out two of my original six caught before elite four (varies, maybe not at all)
- after I beat the elite four I change my entire team besides my starter
- never use rare candies (idk why)
- try to use only one pokemon during every gym challenge
- character name always different
- no nicknames

Last edited:

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
-I only train Fighting Type Pokemon
-They must always have Greek/Roman (or at least SOUND Greek/Roman) nicknames
-I always level grind my pokemon to be 10 levels higher than the current Gym Leader (and I train them all evenly)
-No HMs on non-HMslaves (which means no Fighting Pokemon has an HM move)
-Boxes are organized by Type, then by level
-Legendaries and Shinies always have a separate box from "normies"
-I always save three times--just to check
-No side-quests (Pokeathelon, Pokestar Studios, ect) until I've finished the main story-line (unless forced, and then just what is forced)
-All Pokemon in party must be fully evolved before facing the Elite Four, and must be at least level 75.
-Max Happiness on Pokemon I care about (my party and "alternates"), and, if it can be helped, never let them faint or have a status problem.

Last edited:

Madaras

I have to catch them all, get them to breed and release the original ones I caught and raise them from the moment they were born! That and to find every hidden item.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hm....

-Boxes are sorted by levels, in increments of ten.
-My level 100 box, and only that box, is also sorted so that Pokemon of the same species are side by side.
-Nothing in my boxes is allowed to hold an item.
-Double saving sometimes
-All teams, no matter what have at least one Flyer and one surfer
-Always carry 120 Ultra Balls. Don't ask me why, but I always have this many before I go anywhere
-Always carry 50 Revives, Full Restores and Max Potions, along with 100 Max Repels.
-I always have at least one Pokemon with a type advantage over the next gym, and all my Pokemon at least 5-10 levels higher than the leaders.
-One game, currently my Black 2 holds all of my event legends, level 100s, fully EVed Pokemon, and Pokemon with nostalgia value. Any Pokemon of importance are usually moved to this game posthaste once I beat the main story on another game.
-Never leave anything in the Daycare longer than it takes to get an Egg...

That is all I remember offhand....

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
- My 'lead' Pokemon must always be at least 2 levels higher than the others.

-My items must be in alphabetical order, though TMs and HMs must be in numerical order. (BW/BW2's Sort feature was a godsend!)

-Any Pokemon I have more then one of must be put beside another of its species, or it's evo(s).

-I must have all eeveelutions, including Eevee, before the Champion battle when possible. BW2 made me scream >.<

-If I have a nickname theme, then I MUST stick to that theme.

I've got one or two more, but I can't remember from the top of my head.