• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you OCD about anything in your Pokemon game?

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
-I save twice
-I nickname all Pokemon on my main team
-I use my starter on my team
-I explore everywhere you can go at that point
-I battle every single trainer you can fight at that point
-I always have a "flyer" on my team
-No using legendaries on my main team
-Always keep a helluva lot Ultra Balls/ HP Restore
-Only use self trained Pokemon
-Always level grind my Pokemon higher than every NPC at the time
-NO RARE CANDIES
-Always have a "level goal" that you train each Pokemon to at every route/city

Ninfia-Fan

In my party I always have the weakest pokemon first and strongest last.
I first go by level, then HP if two or more are at the same level.

GhostlyChrome7

*I always have my character behind something when I save.
*I never have more than one type on my team.
*Never use any legendary Pokémon on my team.
*No nicknames.
*No Pokémon on my main team are caught in the same type of ball.
*No more than 2 boys on my team.
*Pokémon must have one move of their original type in their move list.
*When challenging a gym leader, the Pokémon I use are of = number of theirs and are already have a predetermined order.
*None of my Pokémon can be owned by a main character on the Anime series unless they are of the Dark, Ghost, or Psychic types.
*Always keep my starter.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Pokemon I use have to be male. I don't like the female sign.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
- I save twice, sometimes over 3 times because I always look away and I want to be sure I did it well.
- Before a gym battle, all my Pokémon must be at least of the same level as the gym leader's stronger Pokémon, even if I don't plan on using them all. Same applies for the league.
- I only take 6 Pokémon with me, including my starter. I never do any rotations.
- When I create a team, I'm taking Pokémon that I like, not the strongest ones.
- Try to battle every single trainers in sight during the main story, even if they can easily be avoid or if they are almost unreachable.
- When I catch a Pokémon, it must have the right ability and gender that goes with it (I had a rough time to get a male Gible or a female Ralts with Synchronize).
- For my rivals, it must always have the official name (Blue is named Blue, Silver is named Silver...)
- Never use a legendary in my teams.
- But most importantly, I must always catch my team members in regular Pokéballs.
That's all I can think of at the moment. :p

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
- team must be boys - will honestly reset time after time if the gift Pokemon I intend using end up female
- no nicknames
- player name variant of my own - combination of CAPS, lower case, and numbers
- official rival name
- must know the movesets of my team before I start
- level 50+ before challenging Elite Four - grind like hell if necessary
- must have moves reflecting dominant stat
- use TMs wisely based on dominant stat
- only one move per type of Pokemon (eg Empoleon: Hyddro Pump + Flash Cannon)
- one status move per Pokemon maximum
- 40+ Ultra and Dusk Balls before approaching Legendary Pokemon
- immediately acquire potential Heart Scales necessary
- max happiness before level up (in Riolu's case)
- soft reset when move misses
- never clip Exp. Share on important battles (Rival, Gym Leader, Team Leader, Champion)
- save, then let DS run itself dead once battery is red
- move good against Psychic, Ghost and Dark must be taught

Edit: - if I own three games of the same generation, complete the Starter Type triangle (eg Torterra, Infernape, Feraligatr)

Last edited:

ebevan91

^That's a little extreme lol.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
- team must be boys - will honestly reset time after time if the gift Pokemon I intend using end up female
- no nicknames
- official rival name
- never clip Exp. Share on important battles (Rival, Gym Leader, Team Leader, Champion)

You must never have fun playing then...

What? Why.. Why do that.. That's weird..

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
^That's a little extreme lol.
You must never have fun playing then...

What? Why.. Why do that.. That's weird..

Oh, I thought this thread was a contest?
I don't like wasting PP (against the Elite Four, it may cost me the life of whom I was training), and once when the console died as I was saving I freaked out because when I resumed after charging it read "Save File corrupted".

Last edited:

emawerna

-I save too frequently (though not an exact number of times). I average about two saves each time. If a character says they saved my game (like entering and leaving GTS), I will ignore their attempts to save my game. I will save my game, thank you.

-I keep my pokemon team all at about the same level.
-The pokemon in the PC shouldn't be holding items.
-I will explore every square inch of a city and talk to everyone, usually going house by house.
-I don't use repels during the main story arc.
-I don't like pokemon on my team whose highest evolution is currently unavailable to me like a stone I don't have or requiring trading (back when I had one ds).
-I used to never nickname my pokemon. Now, I always nickname my pokemon.
-I usually give my rival my brother's name, except in second generation when I named my rival ???. After all, the police officer asked for the name of the thief. I dutifully reported the name the game had given me for my rival.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
- no nicknames
- official rival name

Edit: - if I own three games of the same generation, complete the Starter Type triangle (eg Torterra, Infernape, Feraligatr)

That's FAR worse than OCD.

-My Pokemon must be around same level, starter always being first to be leveled up

- I can never have more than two of the same type

- Once I get a better Pokemon from a trade, I sadly give up the old one if its the same type :(

- I prefer males [I'm not g@y]

- I never nickname my Pokemon, if my traded Pokemon I receive is nicknamed I almost never use it at all

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
Oh, I thought this thread was a contest?
I don't like wasting PP (against the Elite Four, it may cost me the life of whom I was training), and once when the console died as I was saving I freaked out because when I resumed after charging it read "Save File corrupted".

It's still a bit extreme. It's simple to notice when the batteries about dead or low. Idk anyone who plays till it dies. I personally charge mine as soon as it gets low. Almost never a low battery. Just me though.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Ummmm, here's my list...

All Pokemon I catch MUST be male. (unless it can only be female, or is extremely rare)

I always go into a Pokemon Center whenever I visit a town/city, and only save in the middle of the pokeball symbol on the floor. (Super annoyed by R/S/E, because the pokeball was 2 spaces wide)

All my Pokemon are marked. ● for evey Pokemon, and I add a ★ to legendaries.

Always find a straight path to ride my bike to hatch eggs.

Must buy items in multiples of 5 or 10, or I won't get them.

I'm OCD IRL, too. :)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
- I always keep my starter with me.
- I have to put my party always in the order they were caught. If I don't this... it just seems wrong.
- If something AMAZING happens (for example a shiny Pokémon was captures) I double save the game because I get paranoid.
- To catch a Pokémon it has do be done with a Pokeball (this goes from a Rattata to a Mewtwo).
- I choose "New Game" whenever I lose a battle before the Pokémon League.

Marco The Phoenix

Y Yes, I Watch Anime
- I have to put my party always in the order they were caught. If I don't this... it just seems wrong.
- If something AMAZING happens (for example a shiny Pokémon was captures) I double save the game because I get paranoid.
- To catch a Pokémon it has do be done with a Pokeball (this goes from a Rattata to a Mewtwo).

Are you telling me you restart the entire journey just because you lose one match?

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
Erm, I have a lot of the same problems as a lot of people in this thread do, so I'll attempt to make some original points as well:

- Catch almost every single Pokémon in a Pokéball. Always. Sell almost every other kind of ball (I sometimes exclude things like Dusk and Cherish, cause they seem fitting for Pokes like a Gastly or Jigglypuff, respectively.) This is mainly for aesthetic purposes, if you couldn't tell. The Ultra Ball is so ugly.
- Always keep extra Premier Balls on hand, because I think of them as Shiny Pokéball, used for catching shiny Pokémon. I'm weird.
- Sell all unneeded items, and keep the bag as organized as possible. Unneeded items are things like Vitamins, Max Potions, etc. I'm more of a Hyper Potion and Full Heals kind of person. The TM pouch in BW2 makes me cry.
- All the Pokémon in my team need to be nicknamed, with the exception being traded ones obviously. Their names also need to be fitting, and not make me cringe whenever I read them.
- Keep all Pokémon at the same level constantly. When I'm about to enter a battle, I put the ones with the lowest experience bar at the front of my team, highest in the back.
- I must battle every single in-game trainer, no exceptions. I even try as hard as I can to battle every gym trainer.
- All the Pokémon in my team must have a held item, and no items on the ones in the PC either; except Farfetch'd's Stick or Marowak's Thick Club.
- If I'm far along in the game and a member of my team has much weaker stats, I find a stronger replacement. I do put them in my Special box though, just for sentimental reasons.
- I organize my boxes by type, with some exceptions. (I feel weird putting a Delibird in the Water-type box.)

That's all I can think of right now, and I don't want to drone.

Last edited:

pokefan2631

Creatorcraft Admin
i save every minute
i try breeding perfect pokemon(basically i don't care about that but i do that to battle well with people,admit it you'll do the same)
trying to keep as many heart scales as i can
trying to give perfect movesets

why do you restart the game because of that sure most of us lose a couple of battles or something
but if your a master of pokemon you don't lose(who cares if you lose?!?!?!

why do you restart the game because of that sure most of us lose a couple of battles or something
but if your a master of pokemon you don't lose(who cares if you lose?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

shadorai

wandering trainer
i can't just walk by an item come back later. i have to pick up the item, then and there.