• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you okay with electroweb or Volt tackle should return?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ilikepiex7 said:
The thing I didn't like about electro ball is that it never felt like it lacked the finishing power of volt tackle or the utility electro web have and it suffered from appearing weaker then thunderbolt in a bunch of the battles making it somewhat pointless to use if it's outclassed by another special electric move.

It was more like a novelty attack meant to showcase Gen V's newness, which wouldn't have been such a bad thing if the move hadn't been rendered pointless by Thunderbolt. I sort of wish that Thunderbolt had been replaced back then instead of Volt Tackle, but I suppose that Thunderbolt was considered to be Satoshi's Pikachu's signature attack.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It was more like a novelty attack meant to showcase Gen V's newness, which wouldn't have been such a bad thing if the move hadn't been rendered pointless by Thunderbolt. I sort of wish that Thunderbolt had been replaced back then instead of Volt Tackle, but I suppose that Thunderbolt was considered to be Satoshi's Pikachu's signature attack.
Pretty much yeas

keepitsimple

site of lies
volt tackle is nothing more than a yellow Quick Attack that sometimes injured pikachu on an inconsistent basis. his current moveset is more interesting for animated battles

I guess I’m the weird one but I did always like Electro Ball and Pikachu saying “Pika Pika Pika Chu Pi” always was cool to me idk. Never understood why people hated it so and didn’t know this until joining these forums
it's because he learned it in best wishes

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I kinda like Electro Web because it was used in creative ways in the anime like barriers or trampolines, similar reasons with Iron Tail.

Redstar45

I always thought that Thunder should add back into Pika's Move pool as it is bit powerful then Thunderbolt or Thundershock itself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:
I always thought that Thunder should add back into Pika's Move pool as it is bit powerful then Thunderbolt or Thundershock itself.

Thunder wasn't really needed since Thunderbolt pretty much did the same thing as Thunder on a slightly smaller scale, and it was already Pikachu's signature move at that point, anyway.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
At this point Thunderbolt is more Pikachu's signature move than Thunderbolt will ever be.

Iron Tail also seems to be a staple. Ash very likely wakes up in the morning greatful that guy from Hoenn who introduced the move to him and Pikachu.

I'd dare to say he's one of the most important persons on Ash's journey lol

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
At this point Thunderbolt is more Pikachu's signature move than Thunderbolt will ever be.

Iron Tail also seems to be a staple. Ash very likely wakes up in the morning greatful that guy from Hoenn who introduced the move to him and Pikachu.

I'd dare to say he's one of the most important persons on Ash's journey lol

I never really gave any thought to Iron Tail as a staple. I actually think that Pikachu should replace it with something else because literally like 10% of Pokemon have Iron Tail as one of their moves lol.

Red and Blue

I never really gave any thought to Iron Tail as a staple. I actually think that Pikachu should replace it with something else because literally like 10% of Pokemon have Iron Tail as one of their moves lol.
Iron Tail was the first move Pikachu learned that actually let him fight back against Ground types. That's part of the reason he learned it before his gym match with Roxanne

SerenaRulez

I think Iron Tail is really important as part of his move list. The only attack that he ever had that I wanted gone was Agility and thankfully he lost that attack a long time ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Electro Ball always did seem to be just slapped onto Pikachu for no other reason besides being a way to connect Pikachu to Unova in the anime as as a projectile which is rendered pointless considering Thunderbolt can also act as a projectile. With Electroweb, Pikachu can at least use it as a shield barrier, fling it at the ground to trap opponents inside and get a chance to perform a follow up attack that is unlikely to be countered since the opponent will be too preoccupied with trying to get out of the Electroweb, and it could even use it as a projectile and use the entangled strategy.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Thunder had a tendency of causing Pikachu to lose electricity at times due to it being draining on his electrical reserves.

Volt Tackle was nice at first, but it had it's flaws, Recoil most notably, but there was also the fact Pikachu couldn't change it's direction that well as pokemon could dodge it (heck one of it's last usages a Dewott simply side-stepped it) and if a pokemon was strong enough it could block it with equal force like Metagross and Magmar.

Electro Ball...other than the "Pika-dama" moment from Unova it really wasn't all that great, but it did allow Pikachu to fight better and longer due to the fact it had more free range with the attack than Volt Tackle.

Electroweb has shown to be quite versatile and has some great combat value even more so than Electro Ball, so for the time being it's a fine choice with how Ash has shown to use it in battle.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I prefer electroweb. I was always hoping that Pikachu would get something that isn't just an attack. Like Light Screen, substitute or Magnet Rise. Given how well Pika made use of substitute in Pokemon Adventures. Electroweb seems to have the versatility to fill that role to some extent.

Thunderbolt and Iron Tail do plenty of damage as it is. So I dont' miss volt tackle much, besides how cool it looks.

Redstar45

I prefer electroweb. I was always hoping that Pikachu would get something that isn't just an attack. Like Light Screen, substitute or Magnet Rise. Given how well Pika made use of substitute in Pokemon Adventures. Electroweb seems to have the versatility to fill that role to some extent.

Thunderbolt and Iron Tail do plenty of damage as it is. So I dont' miss volt tackle much, besides how cool it looks.
substitute is not bad but it does take a bitof it's hp....So i don't really think that fit Satoshi's Pika all that well. And i don't really think that anime writers doesn't really care about theses idea from Pokemon special manga,

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
How about taking out quick attack since it never works as a finishing move and keeping both the electroweb and volt tackle?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's long past time Pikachu to upgrade Quick Attack to Extreme Speed.

Yeah, it's not part of the official movepool, but GF always changes and then there's events for such vanity things.