• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are You Picky on Genders??

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
I dont care about genders. I often have my team at lv.70 or something before checking their genders.

aussie-floatsel

I don't really care about genders it doesn't matter in r/s/e that much in dp i'll bepicky because of their looks but I don't care in rse

I knew he would end up looking like a girl, but I caught a male ralts right off the bat and felt sorry for it.. :<

...So now I have a male Gardevior. XD;

I'm usally very particular with my genders. Though, some of them I mix it up just for fun, like I have a female Geodude as well. <3

Vycksta

I actually have no problem with a male Gardevoir or Bellossom. Now a male Misdreavus on the other hand is a big no-no. Maybe because Misdreavus is the third favourite Pokemon and I know that what she is based on are actully feminine looking. :B

Barletta

lol i always used to get boys for sum reason, i guess i couldnt stand the pink symbol at the end of their name :p lol. My mate rekoned that the females were stronger, because they protect the nest while the male goes out hunting or whatever, and thus making the females fight to protect her young.

FireAngel

Eh, I don't really care about gender that much. Except my Chikorita has to be female. It just does. :/

Miltonic

extraordinary
Im only picky when it comes to Milotic. it has to be female especially now with the little difference between male and female Milotic.

Raden Surya

Abdidalem of Erika
Yes, I always picky for some Pokemon which I think is strange in the opposite gender or just seems suitable for that gender.
Some Pokemons that I always want to be female are like Gorebyss, Milotic, Gardevoir, Roselia etc.
And the Pokemons I always want male is like Machamp, Hariyama, Salamence etc.
But there's also some Pokemon that I don't care about their gender, like Umbreon, Flygon, Breloom etc..
Genders actually doesn't matter in the game, but I just feel weird if I use a Pokemon in the wrong gender..It's just about feeling.

sapira

If only...
no, but in my team i seem to always have 5 males and 1 female

MickX

Wanderer
It depends on my case. When I played the first time, I caught and raised a Male Ralts, and when he reached his Kirlia and Gardevoir forms, I became a bit perplexed. However, that quickly went through me and I happily raised it until I restarted the game and saved it on Colloseum. It´s a Lv.100 Modest Gardevoir now.

On this recent game though, I renember skipping up two wild Ralts just because of it´s Male gender. I haven´t caught the 3rd one because apart of being a Female, it had a Lonely nature, which was a total "meh" to myself. After that, the one I caught and raised is a Lv.85 Mild Gardevoir at the moment, and funnily, all of the 3 breeding phases I´ve done with her gave a Female Ralts as result... o_O

Enclosing this particular case, yeah, I can be a bit picky. Some Pokemon like Gardevoir I always try to get a Female one, but for most of the Pokemon I don´t care. I´m currently raising a female Shelgon, so it´s not much of an hassle since genders don´t change stats in these games.

However, when it comes to breeding, probably you might want to have female over male, because it gets easier for you to get a newborn of the same kind as the Pokemon you use. In my case, it´s evident: I use a lot Eevee and it´s evolutions, yet I can´t "produce" more because I lack a female amongst them (or a Ditto, but Dittos can´t be caught in Sapphire)...

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Yeah, I'm very picky in genders....at least when it's about the Pokemon I use. I only use male ones because they suit me way better.

Goodbreath

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
I dont really care about genders except for breeding. And its not weird to see a male Gardevoir :p the crossdressers irl do it all the time ;)

For the next gen though i really want 2 male ralts 1 raised until a Gardevoir in Emerald and the other in the other evolution (cant remember thename sue me) Just for kicks.

And it crossed my mind that i always want my Charmander to be male :/

Kuroshi

I'm only picky with the starter's gender for breeding purposes. Outside of that, I generally don't care much about genders.

Jibacoil-san

Too many ppl here
Yes because it'll be weird to have a male Gorbyss and Gardevoir and it'll be just weird to have a female Hariyama or Snorlax

Nintendo Smasher

I don't care, I catch them and use them. If I need a male or female one then it's for breeding purposes only.

Crimson Moon

Charlie the Chimchar
I'm not too picky.
Sometimes I am but not usually.

Metroid_Sniper

Paresect=TehAwsemest
i only use males because i teach alot of tms to my pokemon, and i lick to be able to breed it on to futer lines of pokemon. An excepion would be pokemon like latias, who i love anyway <3