• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as a boy or a girl. why?

Boy or Girl

• Boy

Votes: 78 60.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 64 49.6%

• Total voters

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
THe FemalE is much more customizable and has better clothes available

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!
I play as the guy, because I'm a guy. The only time that I played with the girl was on one day that I was really bored and restarted my Pearl version just to see if there was a lot of difference between playing with Dawn and Lucas. There wasn't. I restarted the game and played with Lucas again.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
I'm playing as a girl because I am a girl.

Similarly, I'm playing as a boy because I'm a boy.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I always play the girl character unless we're back in the RBY and GS games where a female character was nonexistent. :p
Plus, the female characters are pretty~

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I'm playing as the female on Y. I choose the design I like better on a game by game basis, but this time it was hard since there's customization and I thought they both looked good. For me, it doesn't detract from the experience at all if I play as a guy, I guess because I don't think of myself as a girl, so much as just me.

Taylor516

I always play as a girl because I am a girl... I've never even tried playing as a guy actually, if I'm not my own gender it just doesn't feel relatable.

Silvijo

I always choose the boy, because....well, im male.
I sometimes play as a girl if I already played through the game and restart the game out of boredom, but yeah....always the boy when just getting the game.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Um... I'm a guy... So I play as a guy...

Miltank+ Dragonite=evil

You'll never know!
I played as a guy in Y, and a girl in X because I was disappointend in the selection of guys wardrobe and hairstyles. I'm a guy

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
Male, because I'm a male...
Even though there aren't as many options for customization...
It would be nice if there were some pokemon costumes as well...

'Nuff said.

Penguinist Trainer

Typically on my first playthrough, I'll play a female character which I name after my daughter. On the other game, I'll play a male character with some version of my name. Pokemon is the one thing I want to share with my child, so I always imagine us going on a pokemon journey together to explore the world.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Mostly guy right now even though I am a girl. But back before Black and White, I mostly played as a girl. Though I think it is because I wasn't a fan of the BW girl design.
On anything, I don't really care at all if I play as a guy. Doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I always choose the boy on one version and the girl on the other. There's no particular reason why, except "why not?" I guess.
For XY, I went with the girl on X and boy on Y.

Last edited:

rosso

DEAD ACCOUNT
I chose boy because i am a boy...even though the guy in the game has limited customization. I want to take off that hat so bad....

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
I'm usually a girl because I am one in real life, but the girl characters in HG/SS and BW 2 (actually, the guy in BW 2 is pretty bad-looking to me too) are ugly to me, so I prefer the guy. Plus, Crystal was my first game and I played a dude, so I play as a dude in HG/SS. I like the style of the guy character in X/Y more (sport jackets and beanies and such) but the girl has more overall choices.