• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as a boy or a girl. why?

Boy or Girl

• Boy

Votes: 78 60.5%
  • Girl

Votes: 64 49.6%

• Total voters

Mudcat

I'm playing as a girl in X, but my Y avatar is a boy.

Same here, seems like an obvious if clever choice.

The female character seems to have more and better optimization options, even if I don't like them all. I wish it was possible to make one's character dressed the same as the various NPCs, or even as the previous main characters.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I normally flip a coin. Heads is the boy and tails is the girl. I don't consider the playable character a representation of me at all so I have no problem playing as the girl in a Pokemon game. Half the time I find the playable girls to have better designs then the boys anyway. Clearly more thought is put into their designs then some of the boys. But I have played as both. Depends on the flip of the coin. If there is a design I outright dislike, like DP Lucas, I won't flip the coin and just pick the opposite gender that looks better. Thank goodness for Platinum Lucas, because I never would have played as Lucas if his outfit never changed.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
A boy because I'm a guy.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Girl because most of the time, they look way better. <3

Plus I'm bi so... yeah, there are some other reasons as well. xD

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I play as a boy 99.8% of the time. Why? Cuz I'm a guy. Nuf said

Chianti

4 / 9 / 2014
I actually play as the boy in most games, despite being a girl. I picked Serena for X. I may pick up Y for competitive junk, and if I do, I'll be playing as Calme. I'll probably pick Haruka for Alpha Sapphire because she is so cute.

Inferno792

Food Wars
I actually play as the boy in most games, despite being a girl. I picked Serena for X. I may pick up Y for competitive junk, and if I do, I'll be playing as Calme. I'll probably pick Haruka for Alpha Sapphire because she is so cute.

If you are female and play as a boy, you must really be wishing that you were one?
Is Calem's japanese name Calme?

Tangeh

If you are female and play as a boy, you must really be wishing that you were one?
Is Calem's japanese name Calme?

lolwut. Or perhaps they just prefer the male character...? >_>

And yes, Calem's Japanese name is Calme...

Anyways, I thought I posted on this thread because I voted in the poll, but I can't find my post so I guess I didn't. xD I'll usually pick the female character if given the choice, considering I am female. Unless it's a game where gender changes the gameplay (looking at you, Harvest Moon 3), or the male design is considerably better (looking at you, HG/SS.. er, which I've never actually played, but theoretically...)

I actually go by my initials in RL, which is more of a guy thing anyways, so that's no problem if I have to play as a boy. Or I'll call him "Dude". ^^ I did that in pokemon coliseum. Or if it's a character like Link he will remain Link.

Navarch

I always play as the boy, because I am one. However, I usually like the girl's designs much more than the boys. However, with customization, this problem has been solved. Still, when I draw anything related to the Pokemon, it's usually the female characters.

gamer_legend

I try to create a cohesive timeline between my games but as several of them are at the same time as one another I do create other characters to keep it looking creative (yes it does sound crazy). E.G: I can't complete Kanto in FireRed and then go back and fight myself in HeartGold that doesn't make any sense. So I've got 3 characters...friends if you will.

Adam (Thyself)
Sarah (My girl)
Steven (My friend)

I'm crazy but I'm good!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I always play as a girl,because I am a girl myself.Some of the girl characters look awful,though-Kris(ugh) and especially Rosa.But some male player characers(Brendan and Lucas)aren't amazing,either.

PegasusxSeiya

Shiny Hunter
Ever since we've been able to choose I've played as a guy. No big reason really, I usually just end up liking the guys more I guess. Idk. But I also choose the male character to play as.

Navarch

I always play as the male character because I am one. Although, I usually love the female characters too. They are fun to draw, and tend to look 10 times better than the males.

Midknight

Not Banned
I just play as a boy because that's what I am. It just feels silly to play as a girl.

But that's only for Pokemon, on other games I do either.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I mostly play through as the girl because I am a girl but in BW2 I played through both games as the boy because I liked his design and I thought he was a really cool character.

Malfor

X and Y will be good
I play as a boy because it's my gender.