• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as boy or girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornadus

Kaboom!
I'm a guy. But I got one question: Why would you pick the girl if your'e a boy?

elorasheppard

I think some people who play the game more than once like to play as the other character so it feels a bit different.

Personally, I like all my OT names to be in the same colour so I always pick the girl (as I am one). The only exception is the pokemon i got from coloseum as you have to be a boy.

Legendary Dreams

Can someone explain the Trainer's Class / Nature thing? I'm sorta confused about it.

(As in does it affect the game and can you change it?)

I don't seem to be able to find any information anywhere.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I suppose I forgot to say my nature and type xD

I'm an Ace Trainer, although I've considered swapping it for a nurse or scientist.

And I chose a quirky nature, cause I couldn't decide. So many of the options fit me well, so I just chose a very broad one.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I always play as the guy because I am a guy .. =]

Seem

Hollen i ven.
I play as a girl because I'm a girl.
Her name is Seem.

How exciting am I.

NoHatPat

Just From Stupidtown
I'm a dude and I played the Japanese version as a boy. Now I'm playing as a girl just for the heck of it. I really like both characters designs although in real life they would look strange... and I would probably scream at a girl dressed like the female protagonist during Winter. "It's Winter you dumb *dolphin chirp*!".

But yea I named the guy Dude and the girl Tori.

Jragun

Last I checked, I have one thing, but not two things. So I'm a "boy." I'd rather be a "man," as I feel a bit odd being 28 playing as a boy, but then they'd have to create a different story for an adult. Oh well, can't complain too much. The game is still fun to play.
Anyway:
Name: Steven (my name)
Type: Scientist (because I'm a dork)
Nature: Lonely (the way I like it)
Phrase: "Yo! I'm MYSELF." (as I am known for saying "yo" a lot)

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
I chose the boy, named him Thomas after myself. I'm doing the same thing when I'm starting with White.

I'm playing as the girl in Black. I have a hardy nature and I picked the Lass character. I'll probably change it, though. I like a lot of the trainer types. :D

In White, I may play as the boy simply to have a change from Black. I only played as the boy once before in SoulSilver because I hated the girl's design so much. xD

Shadow XD001

Name: Matt (IRL, too)
Nature: Naughty ;)
Class: Preschooler ;) (changing to something more serious)

gliscor&yanmega

I'm playing as a male, but I think I may play as a female on Black at one point.

But at the moment, my male character is:
Name-Zylos
Class-Roughneck
Nature-Serious

I didn't know about the class and nature thing, interesting. Now knowing of it, I wish that the class and nature was shown through your character. I don't mean that they will look exactly like the class but just have some kind of feature that shows the class, and the nature is for their facial feature and body pose. But oh well.

Different reasons for different people.

Lots of people wonder what it would be like to be the opposite sex, and through this you can get a small feel of it.

Some just do it for the heck of it. No real reason for doing it, they're just doing it.

Others may like the female design more than the male design.

There's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

ABSOLute Zer0

Dragon Trainer
I always play as a girl in my original game. With my actual name too.

DaveCage

Playing as the boy, i do in most games because i am one, but as some posters have said that if you play through again it might be good to go the other sex since it makes it feel a bit different

gatesy0093

lol

im a guy but i choose the girl for some reason. usualy coz since saphire the guy had a hat on that made him look like he had white hair (NOT COOL) so since then ive always chose the girl...

lol im a nurse with a naughty nature hehe

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Male - Yosuke [Named after the P4 character Yosuke Hanamura]
Personal Avatar: Ace Trainer

Don't get me wrong. I don't play for the avatar. Since Gen I I've always cycled through the genders. In D/P/Pt I had a female named Tanya, so it's the male MC's turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.