• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as boy or girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In Pokemon Black version:

Luke - Boy - Ace Trainer - Lonely nature

In Pokemon White version:

Blair - Girl - Lass - Sassy nature

I bought both games so I'm playing as both characters. I usually stick with male characters, but I thought that it would be fun to play as a female character in Generation 5, so I went with the girl in White version. Luke is just a name that I really like, so that's what I named the male character.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I always play as a girl because thats what I am. My characters name is Robin, just like in real life.

Cobalt_Latios

In Pokemon Black version:

Luke - Boy - Ace Trainer - Lonely nature

In Pokemon White version:

Blair - Girl - Lass - Sassy nature
Similar concept here, except that I'm buying Black later on (probably during the summer time).

On that note, for White:

Renez (was going to do "Renée" but nooo, there's is no "é") - Girl - [did not know there was this feature]

Once I get Black:

Zen - Boy - [whatever I chose]

I'm male irl.

/CL

SHIFTER01

you ever just wanna pierce the heavens?
Trish/female/lass/relaxed
I've always preferred the girl trainer. could be because she wears short shorts, could also be because Touya's hair is stupid and sticks out like 2 feet on either side of his head

;136; Dude

Vycksta

Character: Hilda/White/Touko (( Cause yanno, being female and all... ))
Name: Vycksta (( Cause yanno, it's my name and all... ))
Nature: Quirky (( Cause yanno THE BEST NATURE FOR ME. BRB being a weirdo and laughing at stupid toilet jokes ))
Class: Ace Trainer (( Replace Ace for Sneasel, plz ))

This is for White. Not started Black yet.

Icing Sugar

I'm a girl, and also prefer the girl over the boy (Black's design sucks imo)

I named her Klara, and... I didn't know anything about the whole nature thing xD I'll think about that later :p

Pseudo Lovely

Dream your heart out
Name: Kaykey
Nature: Gentle
Class: Lass

I usually always play as a girl since I am one. I'm using the nickname my best friend came up for me as my ign. :)

And I actually like both the male and female character designs in this generation.

PbjZ

Too much Free time
I'm the most unoriginal when it comes to names at times. But since R/S/E I'm usually a boy in one version and a girl in the other for fairness. So for Black I'm the girl cause I think Reshiram would match her better and when I get White, I'll be the boy. The unoriginality will be the names. Touko for the girl and Touya for the boy. lol...

Roxas013

Pirate King
Gender-Male cuz i am 1
Name-Carbon cuz its sumthin new
Trainer type- im going 2 b a ace trainer if i cant breeder
Trainer nature-Adamant idk i lik that nature

Stardust .

I'm a guy, but I like both designs so..

In White, I'm the girl, and her name is White... And in Black, I'm the boy, and his name is Black...

CombatWombat

lol there is like no reason not to choose your own gender. and by the way has anyone noticed the girl trainer's GLUTIUS MAXIMUS in black and white when she throws the pokeball? its hard not to heh heh. anyway my trainer name
DORIAN
ace trainer
serious nature
my greeting:
the power of legend! let me show you!

Last edited:

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
i'm the girl, named ashley (as I have in every single game and replaying) as i am a girl named ashley IRL. go figure. i made myself a quirky pokemon breeder since it seemed fitting. plus the combination on the card makes me look rather mad breeder woman -esque, which pleases me.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Male: Alex - real name
Ace Trainer
Quiet: cause I usually am

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Traditionally, I would always play as a boy.

However, for this gen, the male PC look too typical or usual. Plus, I'm thinking of a talking snivy with its female trainer as a story.

Therefore, I may play as a female character for this gen, but I'm still not sure...

[ADDED] In the end, I picked the girl. Her name is Shira based on the japanese name of white. Bold Nature and Nurse as avatar :x
Guilty pleasure ensures......

Last edited:

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
and by the way has anyone noticed the girl trainer's GLUTIUS MAXIMUS in black and white when she throws the pokeball? its hard not to heh heh.

Bahaha, I couldn't help staring myself.

So yeah, in Pokemon Black I chose to play as a female, which I tend to do 90% of the time. Her name is Sandy, which is my nickname. She is an Ace Trainer, because those have pretty much been my favorite trainers throughout the generations. She has a Hasty nature, which is basically my own. :l

Cheska

Playing as a female character because she completely rocks this time :)

Name: Cheska
Class: Pokemon Ranger
Nature: Sassy

There are a couple of different trainer types I would have preferred more, but I'll take what I can get.

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
I pick male/female based on aesthetics case by case.

For Heart Gold/Soul Silver, I went with male, and for RSE I went with female. This generation's female frightened me. Muchly.

Either way, I invariably name myself Turtle. I guess I'm just weird that way. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.