• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as boy or girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiremanLV5

Ever since Crystal I've played as a girl 90% of the time, and always on my first playthrough.

This is my favourite female design so far - she kinda dresses like me, too, and has hair like I used to when I was younger xD.

I might play as a boy when I play Black though, just to vary it a bit.

SNaG

Stardust Mirage!!
Guy. If I was the girl, my friends would look at me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery weirdly. And that's not the best thing for me. XD

epicmonster037

Even though i'm a guy, I chose the girl character, for White at least. I'll more than likely play as the boy when I get Black to transfer items and version exclusives and such.

I selected an Ace Trainer with a Mild nature, which is a bit weird considering most of the Pokemon I have on me at the time are physical based.

Mongerty

Halo Fanatic
Boy in Black, Girl in White.

Really, I don't get why people are scared of being a different gender. Some of the best games have main characters that are opposite sex. (Mass Effect comes to mind)

I almost always play through a game as a girl if I have the option, because it can really change up how the mind perceives the story in an RPG. OF course, I always have both Pokemon games too. Maybe I would think twice if I was playing just once.... (although I did choose the female in Heart Gold, which is the only one I own)

Guy. Always the guy. /:|

Nijaskills

Name: Dave
Type: Scientist
Nature: Serious

but, come to think of it, an awesome one would be

Name: Bill
Type: Scientist
Nature: Quirky

See if you can get the reference.

I picked a male, scientist (because I am one, and a calm nature.

I might pick a female for white, if I appen to get bored.

PsychoIncarnate

My male in black is a roughneck

My female in white is an ace trainer

There teams have different philosophies. Sort of.

Though in Black I ended up with 2 fighting types since I forgot Emboar was fire/fighting.

Flan

loves birbs.
I usually always plays as my own gender, a female, because I've never really thought about playing as the opposite sex. In HG however, I picked the guy because I hated the girl's design and because I thought he looked cooler. My in-game name is also always Flan.

PsychoIncarnate

I never role play as the character on the screen. I also figured I was myself and the character on the screen was a slave that was forced to follow all of my commands or suffer my wrath!

Geekachu

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Guy. If I was the girl, my friends would look at me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery weirdly. And that's not the best thing for me. XD

I picked a girl and my friends look at me weirdly. The only difference is that I don't give a damn. If your friends really judge you because of your choice of character in a Pokemon game, then they wouldn't be my friends if I were you.

tjb90

I am playing as a boy. I am a boy.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Female cause i am female. But if i get Black in the future, it'll be a boy

Shin'ou

Skyla lovers
Boy of course, but if I happen to buy Black in the future, I'd play as the girl protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.