• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

zeno48

Zaker!
I will probably play as a guy first and then a girl to see how it feels.

drake13

Ryukishi
of course i'll play as a guy...i've tried playing as a girl in the GSC versions xD...i want to play as a girl and name it as Claire so the dragon family would be complete....but...i dunno...

Male.
#1. I'm Male
#2. He is just better.

Alexa500

Love the 5th gen C:
I hate Soul.
I'm female, and I'll go with a female char in HG, as my main. The overworld sprite hints at Kris/Marina's old one, so I can live with it. Since I played Crystal and Gold, in Gold I was obviously male so in SS I'll be male. I really miss old character designs because they were more realistic. I know it's supposed to look hip, fresh, and high-tech, but if you look at the new male character for HGSS, wouldn't you much rather wear a backpack (like his old design) than his new bag? I've tried a bag like the new one before, and it really kills your singled-out shoulder.

hIrAm

male... all the way!

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I'm goin with male, because I don't like the female design.

Nidoprince

Hmm, I'm getting both games, so I'll get the boy in HG, but I'm not sure what to choose in SS. I had Silver before, so I might get the boy character so I can relive the same storyline in SS, but it would be cool to see how playing as the girl would be. I'm completely stuck.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Male, and named Silver, after all I'm getting SoulSilver.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I know it's supposed to look hip, fresh, and high-tech, but if you look at the new male character for HGSS, wouldn't you much rather wear a backpack (like his old design) than his new bag? I've tried a bag like the new one before, and it really kills your singled-out shoulder.
whambulance.jpg

Seriously people, it's over. Kris (NOT F**KING MARINA) has been replaced by Soul, Gold has a new outfit. Stop flogging the dead horse, It's getting repetitive to hear you purist whine about everything that happens in a remake. Gamefreak didn't have to make them and they did, just be happy that we're getting them.

Anyway. Who you play as in a game, especially Pokemon, has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. Do you guys feel akward playing Metroid because Samus is a chick? Or do you girls feel awkward playing Mario, Zelda and Kirby because they are all male? Gender in Video games is moot.