• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

fryjak

Expert Spinda Hunter
I'll be doing what i always do, play as the male on my main game, which will be silver.
And as the female on Gold, when i get it afterwards.

Though the female o_O' wtf? She's nothing like the old one.. she was much better back then.

-fryjak

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
How dare they trade Crystal out for that girl. Crys was SO much cooler. That being said, I will be playing as Gold on SoulSilver. I would play as Silver, but thats not a option. D=

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
If I end up getting Ss and Hg I'll probably pick both.
But if I end up getting only the latter then I'll pick the male character.

I'm over it now, but Kris didn't need to be replaced by a 70's cowgirl who's into Mario cosplay.

And I like Soul's design better then Kris's, anyway.
What evil has befouled your mind?!

pipluptrainer

Johto Trainer
I'm playing as the male on SS.But I don't know why they replaced Crys with her:( She looks like a girl form of mario.Nothing like a PKMN Trainer.

Birds

I'll play as the female. Because I am a female. Oh my.

iLite_xX

Umbreon Fan!! <3
The Female is just meh =/ I'll be playing as the Male again like every other game I play nowadays >.<

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Most likely a male.cause that who I am

Alexa500

Love the 5th gen C:
Seriously people, it's over. Kris (NOT F**KING MARINA) has been replaced by Soul, Gold has a new outfit. Stop flogging the dead horse, It's getting repetitive to hear you purist whine about everything that happens in a remake. Gamefreak didn't have to make them and they did, just be happy that we're getting them.

Marina was the name she was given in Pokemon Chronicles, so she doesn't have just one name. I also heard that she even had the name Amanda and Jodi...
well anyways here's the proof behind it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kris

Sorry for 'whining,' I hope it's not a crime to express my opinion? Considering it's a remake, Gamefreak had to stick to making somewhat similar characters, not brand new ones, so they didn't have a huge open choice about it. In FRLG, the male resemble Ash, and the girl is Blue from the Pokemon Special manga, so I found it strange that they didn't pull Kris into the game.

Night_Walker

Sorry for 'whining,' I hope it's not a crime to express my opinion? Considering it's a remake, Gamefreak had to stick to making somewhat similar characters, not brand new ones, so they didn't have a huge open choice about it. In FRLG, the male resemble Ash, and the girl is Blue from the Pokemon Special manga, so I found it strange that they didn't pull Kris into the game.
I think the character redesign of Kris/Marina was unnecessary but regrettably (since I do agree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" principle - and there were definitely things in G/S/C more in need of repair then the female playable character) what's done is done.

Have to say though Kris' design looked better then Soul's. But maybe they thought she looked too much like Haraku/May?

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I'm a boy, and usually I choose the character of my own gender in Pokemon games, so I'm going to be Gold, the male character.

321ElliOt

Lapras Tamer
male on soul silver and female on heart gold

Tentae

I'm gonna choose the male one for a change..although being male myself, I always hate how the male characters look in the Pokemon games.
The only exceptions were Red and Gold.

But even in Leaf Green I chose the girl because I found her cuter than Red.

Finally in Soul Silver I can be the male because Gold looks too cool to pass up..not to mention the Nostalgia I have for my old Silver game..man I loved that thing.. *sigh*

Cackles

I don't know, if Kris had been included, that would have been an awful lot of blue hair for one generation if she got together with Dawn.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I will choose the female trainer even though she does not look as good as Marina/Kris. Gold does look pretty good, but I always choose the female.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'll be the female character for the same reason me and my friends always do, because we don't want to look at another guy all day when we're playing.

starwars

megacharizard king
I think the character redesign of Kris/Marina was unnecessary but regrettably (since I do agree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" principle - and there were definitely things in G/S/C more in need of repair then the female playable character) what's done is done.
they cant have kris cause it's not crystal her game