• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

Hakumei

Offense > Defense
Male. Cause Im a male. Anyway the girl looks... weird compared to Kris.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Female because I can. Gender plays no role in the game except for dialogue, such as the Peeping Tom line the girl in the Celadon Gym says, so ha.

Besides, I restart the Pokemon games a lot, and I choose the other gender the next time through out of boredom.

Raikou_fan

I'm a guy, so of course I'm going to use the male character. If the girl was Kris, I may have used her, just because I've always thought she looks cool. But no, we have the new girl and her giant hat.

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Well... I always choose the male since I myself am a male. I do wonder why they changed the character art for the female so dramatically this time around, though.

Golem25

I`ll be using Gold. We share the same gender, and as the Player character is supposed to be me, picking the female would be odd. Besides, not even once have I considered to play as the female character in a Pokemon game. Gold has a decent design, and if it weren`t for his way too short pants, I`d prefer him over Lucas.

Though playing as Silver would be instant Epic Win.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I've softened up on the female, so I decided to choose her. I just think Chimecho wouldn't look good following Gold around... or maybe Gold could be paired with Mawile...

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Personally I think they both look like giant idiots inspired by 90s fashion, but for old times sake Gold is my guy, just like how I'll be getting Heartgold instead of SoulSilver since Gold is the game I originally got.

It's all about reliving the classics, so Gold Is really the only choice for me. However i'm completely unsure as to what started I should get. When I originally bought the game I chose Chikorita, but I'm getting tired of Chikorita and Totodile from choosing then so much.

Also, Krys sucks. I like the new girl because i'm tired of every damn character sporting unnatural blue hair.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I'll be playing as the female Mario. Watch me stomp Squirtles and have a Shroomish tell me that Nurse Joy is in another Pokemon Center.

Torpoleon

I'll be playing as the male character, named Torp.