• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

Birnax

Grass pokemon Master
Male character, seeing as I am male.

Guys who choose the female character in Pkmn games just strike me as confused people.

Especially when they try to justify it...
O RLY? Sometimes males get bored of choosing the boy all the time.

SladeJT

Female. I always choose female.

one4all

top coordinator=P
Definitely the female
not because she is ugly....even if i think shes ugly i will still choose her....

Last edited:
Male character, seeing as I am male.

Guys who choose the female character in Pkmn games just strike me as confused people.

Especially when they try to justify it...
Some people just feel more comfortable playing as the opposite gender, and others just want to do something different. There's nothing wrong with it. :/

And why just guys? Why not girls too?

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
I'll choose male........Female maybe after several trading run

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
Female, cus I've always done so in every Pokemon game...

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
im gonna go as the male...
while of topic:
Soulanime.JPG

With an upcoming appearance of Soul in the anime, this problem may soon have an answer, depending on what the anime's name for her is. Like Dawn and May, whose names are shared with their game counterparts in all languages, Soul is likely to have whatever in-game name she has in the anime, provided that her anime counterpart is not just Marina in different clothes (as several other characters have been shown to change clothes over the course of the anime).

DryBones

Event Collector
Some people just feel more comfortable playing as the opposite gender, and others just want to do something different. There's nothing wrong with it. :/

And why just guys? Why not girls too?

I don't want to start a flaming war here but that's the exact kind of justification I don't understand...

Gold, definitely. I really hate Soul's design. If they kept Kris (Who, not to sound wrong or anything, is BY FAR the hottest and overall best Female character) I'd think otherwise.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
im gonna go as the male...
while of topic:
Soulanime.JPG

With an upcoming appearance of Soul in the anime, this problem may soon have an answer, depending on what the anime's name for her is. Like Dawn and May, whose names are shared with their game counterparts in all languages, Soul is likely to have whatever in-game name she has in the anime, provided that her anime counterpart is not just Marina in different clothes (as several other characters have been shown to change clothes over the course of the anime).

Interesting, to say the least.

Gold, definitely. I really hate Soul's design. If they kept Kris (Who, not to sound wrong or anything, is BY FAR the hottest and overall best Female character) I'd think otherwise.

Wut?

Oh yeah:

SS: Male
HG: Female

Last edited:

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I might run through it once as Soul after trading away all my Pokemon to Platinum. But primarily, I'll be Gold.

I'll play as the girl. It's because I'm a female. Also, when I played Crystal, I wanted the girl to have a natural hair color. I got my wish this time around, so I'll be playing as the girl. Also, I'm happy to not have to play as someone with blue hair (Dawn). Gold was my first game ever, and I'm happy the guy gets a supporting role to help the newbie female (me). So, my answer is pretty clear. I'm playing as the girl.

Tundra

If I get SS: I be Female, if I get HG: I be Male... even though I am a male I like to be different to my friends when we battle for some apparent reason and I also like to name my rival (which would be male if I am female) after myself and I would kick my ***! lol

Tyridium

COD fan
i'm male so have always picked male, besides the males have always looked slightly better, DPPt was close, the male's hat was too goofy. But in HGSS it is a certain male trainer for me, the female trainer looks ridiculous.

Oh and i was male in silver (lol)

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
hg....I wan a sacred fire ho-oh