• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I'm not going to vote, since there's no "Both" option. I always buy both games and play as one gender on each one. So I'll be playing as both.

Iota

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Since I'm ticked that they got rid of Krys/Marina/whatever people call her and I don't like Soul, I'll be playing as the male character.

That, and the fact that I first played Crystal with a male character for... very random reasons.

DryBones

Event Collector
Male character, seeing as I am male.

Guys who choose the female character in Pkmn games just strike me as confused people.

Especially when they try to justify it...

Raicheon

Shut cho Meowth.
Definately the female, because I am one. Cheeyah. ;D
And I don't see why everyone is hating on the female character.
Personally I love the pigtails and the funky hat. xP

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Both. Male in SoulSilver and female in HeartGold.

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
I'm a guy, and im playing as a guy. I don't like Soul very much, anyhow.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
male since i am, if i get soulsilver i might try female in it but i don't really like the way the female character looks.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
At first when I saw the girl's redesign I decided that I would play as a boy, but gradually the design is warming up on me (and it helps that I think the girl's sprite is adorable!) so it's kind of up in the air... but I'm thinking I'm going to play as a girl if only because I'm playing as a boy on platinum

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Since I'm ticked that they got rid of Krys/Marina/whatever people call her and I don't like Soul.
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Guys who choose the female character in Pkmn games just strike me as confused people.
Oh, I'm sorry. I geuss I can't play Super Mario Galaxy because I'm female and I have to play as a male protagonist. I can only play Barbie: Horse Riders despite it being a horrible game instead of SMG despite it being fantasic because of my gender despite it having nothing to do with my friggen IRL persona. GREAT LOGIC : D

Seriously. These people are the ones who are confused

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Easy: Male!

I'm a man myself and I have always done my first run as a man. Besides I think gold/kenya is the coolest pokemon main character and I really dislike the new girl's design.

Tundra

If I get Soul Silver I am becoming a female, even though I am male I just like to be different to my friends that I battle and trade with which are mainly male. Even though I am a male and I might pick female I am not a confused perosn as an above poster stated >_> I just don't want six or seven males when we battle and trade at school lol I always like to be different, whatever they do I do opposite.

Darkxninga

Both. I'll play as the female in one, and the male as the other. I haven't decided in which games yet, though.

Good idea. Although I always pick the female ever since you could choose a gender, I might pick the boy but Im not sure... she still looks like she shoulda been in pokemon ranch I have too admit. Im not 100% sure who I'll pick but theres a 60% Im going for the dude.

I'll play female in both games, since I am a girl. To me it feels weird playing as the guy... well, in Ruby I played as Brendan because I wanted to see what May said as the rival :/

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
Male and Female... yes... i played Emerald as a girl and the rest as a boy.

End of story.