• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

Sara Hysaro

Wow. New female lead looks a bit weird. I bet the sprite will be okay though. I'll probably play as a girl in whichever version I get first. In the other I'll be a boy. =)

It's just too boring when you're stuck with only your own game cartriges to pick the same gender over and over again. I'd rather have a bit of variety.

LimeStar

hg....I wan a sacred fire ho-oh

wrong topic mate....

Anyways...
In SoulSilver (my main one) i'll be a guy, named Zach.
In HeartGold, i'll be a girl, named Delancey.

I don't want to start a flaming war here but that's the exact kind of justification I don't understand...

I don't want a war either. Sorry if I stated my opinion in a rude manner. I was just a little annoyed at the time, is all.

This is the way I see it: A person may be physically one gender, but inside they feel as though they are the opposite gender. I don't know firsthand, so that's the only explanation for feeling more comfortable playing as the opposite gender I can come up with.

That aside, what's with all the hate for Soul? D:

Charmy

Beginning Trainer
I think I'll play as the male like I always do, mainly because I am male.

lucatio

cat lover 4 ever
male because my dad starts the game for me and he thinks that he will get a go also the female looks really weird.

Karmarsi

Eevee Fanatic |D
The girl does look odd but her sprite is pretty cute. Regardless I'll play as a female since I'm female XD

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
Male. If it was Kris again, I would have probably picked female. Soul just... ugh.

chikoritalover16

Female, because I am one and I always play as the female character.

Defy gravity!
;152;

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I'll be playing as the guy. I've just had a tendency to do this ever since you could actually choose between genders. I will likely (as I also tend to do) play as the girl whenever I should decide to replay through it.

But yeah, the guy character for me. Besides, he looks quite cool. : D

mario_128

definently the boy

Emp

Male, after all my playthroughs of Ruby and Leafgreen I've tried playing a female. I just can't seem to feel it :\

Gold is the most awesome character anyway

Tytus

Iron Islander
Male. I've always played as the guy, so I'm not going to break the trend this time. Also I prefer the blue name font to the red.

And the instruction booklet suggests choosing the same gender that you are D: