• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

WHICH ONE

• Total voters

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Since Pokemon R/S, I kinda made it my own lil tradition to play a male in one version and a female in the other and i would always name the female after a girl that I'm really feeling around that time!

Tirea Mokri

I'm playing as the female character since I, myself, am female. I always like to model the protagonist after myself, since it helps to really immerse myself into the game. :) Plus, the girl's outfit is just too cute! I really like it, so much more than any of the other female characters' outfits. I like how in a way the new girl looks like Crystal, but at the same time she's her own trainer.

gdzila98

FireFox
I just do the female, don't really care.

gdzila98

FireFox
I just do the female, don't really care. Most of the time I do the male.

I'm currently playing as the female in SoulSilver (since I'm obviously a girl). But if I ever get HeartGold, I would play as the male.

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Male because the female character design looks bad in this game. And to all the people saying, "If I'm a guy why'd I play a girl? That's really weird!" I can tell you're rather young. I felt that way until I went through puberty all the way.

I've played as the girl in LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, but not in SS. I think she looks like a hillbilly, to be quite honest. If they had Kris, I'd definately pick her. Why did they change her anyways?

But, yeah, I'm playing a guy. Doesn't bother me at all, though. :3

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
*insert Sarcasm* like I'd play as a chick...

Playing as the Female because I always do, although I really wish she wasn't so... odd looking.

I find this relevant:

b5f90f79bc61a219ce4f5186a58ff75730dc6044.jpg

Last edited:

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I go back & forth, for my Fire Red I was the male, for Emerald I was the girl, for Pokemon XD of course I was the male, for Platinum I was the girl. I like to think of my self as having both sides as weird as it may sound.....

Alli

I will play Female on my Heart Gold and Male on my Soul Silver. I don't know why, but it feels more like a new journey when I play with a different gender.

Scizor_

I always play as a guy o_O
1 time I played as girl.....1 time!
And I think the girl in this version looks....well...odd!
I hope they're not gonna use this girl in the anime!!!

Deaconn

Since PKMN Red
Male cause i am one,and female looks weird in this game,they should have kept the crystal sprite IMO