• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you pleased with the redemptions?

Profesco

gone gently
I love them for showing Ash's Noctowl to be as great as it always had the potential to be.

So far, I am upset with them for leaving Totodile in the apparent "useless pile." I can't, for the life of me, understand why Totodile continually gets neglected in favor of everything else. Yes, there has to be a "worst" Pokemon, technically, but that doesn't mean it has to be a "not used" Pokemon. =/

thunderblade12

^True. Only so many reserves can get a battle each saga. I don't get why people believe the Kanto starters are continuously deserving of battles in each and every saga in the expense of Ash's other pokemon.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Noctowl with random awesome moves was an amazing redemption especially since I didn't know how it could outrank Ash's other bird pokemon.

Quilava was a step in the right direction with the evolution but we never actully saw it battle which ruined the moment.

Herracross was already one of Ash's top pokemon but got a cool battle all the same and its being used against Darkrai for good strategy since it knows sleep talk.

Donphan was already one of Ash's top pokemon..... then dropped after doing little to nothing and being used more as a filler for the third spot.

Bayleaf is replaced by Skeptile so no redemption there.

Totodile remains as the only johto pokemon not to evolve and has not battled since..... the 3rd movie? He screams for redemption yet the writers continue to laugh in front of its face.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What is stupid is the Pokemon that really needed another battle, like Kingler, Muk, Totodile, Bayleef, etc. didn't get one.

I'm glad Corphish didn't get a battle either, it got enough screentime. I just liked seeing it again.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Wait, what? Anything any of the underused Pokemon do is rendered useless if Charizard doesn't appear?

What does Charizard have to do with their redemption? You can't think Charizard needs redemption, surely? I'm one of his biggest fans, but he has the best winlist for any of Ash's Pokemon.

So you’re saying Ash should use his weak Pokemon against Darkrai so it can gang up on all of Ash’s Pokemon and get easy victories? If anything, Ash should have use his underused Pokemon against Paul. Surely, a 3 ep long battle would have given them enough redemption.

Charizard would just lose to Darkrai anyway... There's no way Ash is beating the thing.

You don’t know what would have happened. It’s cheap to see Ash going down 6-0. Methinks Darkrai vs Ash’s wildcard entry takes place in the first quarter of DP190

saladbar112

Gliscor Returns!
So you’re saying Ash should use his weak Pokemon against Darkrai so it can gang up on all of Ash’s Pokemon and get easy victories? If anything, Ash should have use his underused Pokemon against Paul. Surely, a 3 ep long battle would have given them enough redemption.

See you are not understanding it, if this were a real life situation, then hell yeah it would be logical to use your stongest pokemon against a guy with a Darkrai. But since this is not real life and it is an animated show run by people that have the say to what happens, you dont have to use your strongest. The point is is that people want to see those underdogs that never shined to be redeemed and not pokemon like Sceptile to take the spotlight away from them.

And the writers can make anything happen. They can make Totodile have the ability to defeat Takuto's entire 6 pokes if they wanted to because it is an animated show. If they wanted Ash's weak pokemon to beat Darkrai or at least put up a fight against it, they would and can do it.

shac

I won't complain. I am glad with what I got. Heracross came out in the most awesome way I could ever dream of. Noctowl, I most fav. bird finally brought to the starlight it deserves. Can't ask for more.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I was pleased with the redemption's.

But Totodile needed one the most...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Sure, I guess. Most of them got a good battle and chance.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What is stupid is the Pokemon that really needed another battle (aside from Noctowl), like Kingler, Muk, Totodile, Bayleef, etc. didn't get one.

I'm glad Corphish didn't get a battle either, it got enough screentime. I just liked seeing it again.

I fixed it, and I can really agree with this.. That sixth spot is still up in the air isn't it? That means that the likes of Kingler, Muk, Totodile, Glalie and Corphish can still get that battle, or Pidgeot xD !

iteza9pm

Leveau
I think the pokemon used in the league shouldnt be based on redemptions but on who are the strongest ones so that Ash can improve at least a bit in the league...

Torkoal99

Well, compared to other leagues i think the Sinnoh League had very redemptions.
You see, maybe some of you think when the Sinnoh League starts that Ash will only use his current sinnoh team ( Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Staraptor and Gible ).
But in whole processe, he used, besides that pokemon i wrote, Gliscor, Quilava, Donphan, Noctowl, Sceptile, Torkoal and Heracross, and we dont now who will be the 6th pokemon in the battle with Takuto.
So, in this league, Ash has used at least 13 different pokemon which is pretty good if we remember, for example, the Hoenn League, where used 6 pokemon...
And not only he used a variety of pokemon, but many of his pokemon learn new moves, and we have the return of Gliscor, which all of us think that was impossible, like Primeape, Butterfree or Pidgeot.
And besides that, Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava which was pretty amazing, and other pokemon that Ash didnt use in the league appear, even for some seconds ( Snorlax, Bayleef, Corphish, Bulbasaur, Totodile, Glalie, Muk ).
In other leagues this kind of stuff ( evolutions, new moves, new pokemons ) was not in our minds.
But yet they happen in this league.
In thw whole Sinnoh League, we see, at least, 21 of Ash Pokemon, 21!, i remember again, in the Hoenn League we see 6 of Ash pokemon.
Maybe in Best Wishes we will see even more Ash pokemon, and who knows, not only in the Isshu League.
So im very happy with the redemptions.

Last edited:

fff

Banned
Torkoal99,Cyndaquil evolving wasn't amazing at all,because a Pokemon evolving don't make them better and Cyndaquil was already the strongest on Ash's team in Johto,but Quilava was okay that is about it but even he beats Torkoal and Infernape as a Cyndaquil.

Waterpokes,Totodile isn't in the need for redemption and he isn't are never was hated at all you stupid dumbass monkey,Totodile have proven himself to be strong enough to battle really well.

Some of you guys are so damn stupid, because Totodile isn't in need to be redeem since he did battle really well,this is the most stupid site with the most hated stupid fans i ever been to.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The writers were trying to give Ash's pokemon an equal chance in DP. But to give each Pokemon the individual attention that the fans want would take up episodes of battles. But now in BW, it seems like if Ash gets his team early, he can focus on all of them, plus Totodile and Gible later on. I think that's what the writers have in mind. I don't think they want to make the same mistakes as in Johto.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Overall, am I quite pleased with the way Pokemon were handled/redeemed in the Sinnoh League tournament? No. Not complete, though this should be obvious since I'm so hard to please. I liked that Cyndaquil evolved and that some Pokemon got new moves, but that's only moderate redemption in my opinion. So many other Pokemon could've gotten a chance to shine but never got the chance to do so. So many Pokemon received new moves as stated before, yet some lost horribly eitherway which wasn't the best way to showcase them in my opinion. I'm not satisfied with the overall planning of the Sinnoh League in general, but it's done with so there's nothing I can do to change anything.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
While I think the term "redemption" is wrong I kinda liked the apperences of older Pokémon. With so many matches it is just natural for Ash to use more Pokémon than the present regional team. That is why he becomes better for each region, he can use more Pokémon overall and he has no main squad that are tired out when the last battles approches.

The Pokémon then, Quilava was interesting to see in a real battle, the same goes for Noctowl and Snorlax (even for just a few seconds). The Hoenn Pokémon or Kanto BF Pokémon certanly did not need any redemption of any sort, and as stated, I don´t think that is the right word for their apperences, instead their precense just showed the fact that Ash has many strong Pokémon that can be thrown into almost any given battle.

Aside from powerhouse Charizard Ash used all a- class Pokémon on his entire team (and a few from the middle ranks as well), both on- hand and those at Oak´s lab.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Well at the final stage I think it is a welcome blast from the past but I think in his overall journey I like him raising new pokemon again to add to his collection of "powerhouse pokemon".

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I just liked seeing Ash's group altogether :)

I agree with Corzola though, that redemption isnt really the right word..His Pokemon coming back, winning or losing is just kinda natural. They cant always win, they cant always lose. I liked Quilava's fight though. Pretty impressive that it was on par with a part Rock type imo..