• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are You Surprised With How They Wrapped Up Ash Sun/Moon

cam24t

Master
Are you surprised with how the writers wrapped up Ash with the last 20 or so episodes of Sun and Moon? having him catch a Mythical and go on to win the first Alola League and then beat Kukuki and then Kiawe. What do you think they will do with Ash for the next series? Do you think he will catch another Mythical or Legendary? Will he continue his dominance or be reset yet again???

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Meltan was caught about 35 episodes ago, give or take a few.

I'd say I'm surprised he beat Kukui, but the League thing kind of overshadows everything else. I didn't expect him to lose to Kiawe for an instant. I doubt they'll have him on "dominance" mode the whole time, he'll always have room to learn. He hasn't been reset since the beginning of BW anyway.

Red and Blue

Yeah I could definitely see him with another Legendary/Mythical.

I'm a bit surprised he beat Kukui. I thought if he won the Alolan League he would still lose the exhibition match the show he had a lot to learn despite his first league victory

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Not really sure. I kind of want to say that the Pokemon League win was unexpected but I don't feel surprised for some reason. Aside from that, I'm not really surprised how they wrapped up the season.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i pretty surprised he win the league and he beat kukui and tapu koko
and if i'm not wrong almost everyone think ash would win the league if only oha shuta didnt spoil the show ) or even beat kukui

TheWanderingMist

i pretty surprised he win the league and he beat kukui and tapu koko
and if i'm not wrong almost everyone think ash would win the league if only oha shuta didnt spoil the show ) or even beat kukui
Uh, half of us convinced ourselves the scene was somehow a massive troll by the Oha Suta people and Ash was just holding Gladion's trophy for a minute.

Red and Blue

Uh, half of us convinced ourselves the scene was somehow a massive troll by the Oha Suta people and Ash was just holding Gladion's trophy for a minute.
Even back then I thought it was silly. Why wouldn't Gladion be up there getting his trophy from Kukui if he was the winner?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm glad Ash beat Kukui, and especially Tapu Koko. I felt it kinda legitimized his League victory, because, let's be real, many of the participants in this League were not seasoned battlers.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Nah I Expected it to be a horrible piece of S*** and it was

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I was not surprised about Ash's victory because he already won something before aka OI and BF.And because this league is on par with that because it's badge-less league and everyone could enter,so only 5-6 people were only worthy of other leagues.
I am surprised Ash beat Kukui and I am surprised that they used 151 battle Royal. Side question; do you think guys think this battle Royale was Pokemon jumping on the train of Fortnite? Serious question.

TheWanderingMist

I was not surprised about Ash's victory because he already won something before aka OI and BF.And because this league is on par with that because it's badge-less league and everyone could enter,so only 5-6 people were only worthy of other leagues.
I am surprised Ash beat Kukui and I am surprised that they used 151 battle Royal. Side question; do you think guys think this battle Royale was Pokemon jumping on the train of Fortnite? Serious question.
No. It just seemed the easiest way to get a lot of people to enter at the same time since Alolans aren't really into battling.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yes and No. Yes in the sense of this was bound to happen (him having a glory series) and because in all reality his losing record in SM was never low in the first place and they never gave us a reason to think he was weak during this series. I’m more shocked at out they wrapped up the other characters. Almost all of them had departures that was randomly revealed at the last minute. The only one who makes remotely any sense is Sophocles. I suppose Lillie’s did as well but Magerna randomly knowing where Mohn was hiding without any explanation.... um? Not even gonna get into how Shaymin is definitely the most useless walking Pokémon/mythical ever.

cam24t

Master
Yeah that' the only thing about the League that was sub par. A lot of the participants weren't proficient battlers and Ash was and the rest of the top 3 were really the ones deserving of the League win. I guess it's just surprising seeing Ash actually win. I honestly was very surprised he beat Kukuki, especially defeating Topu Koku to seal it. Idk I just couldn't stop smiling after the battle. I thought for sure Ash would lose as he tends to lose all of his most important battles.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I was honestly disappointed in the league, but wasn't surprised at all.

Well, I didn't expect Tapu Koko to join Kukui - but it worked well enough. My main beef isn't with the Kukui match - aside from Torracat evolving with zero pay-off.

I might've switched a few match-ups, i.e. Silvally was Gladion's ace and imo Lycanroc could've done with a rematch against it. I honestly felt as if Dusk vs. Midnight should've been resolved earlier.

Lastly, the set-up.. it should've been:

Battle Royal
Top 16: 1v1
Top 8: 2v2
Top 4: 3v3
Final: 4v4
Kukui: Full Battle

Everybody in the Top8 had two pokemon, so there wasn't really an excuse to give them 2vs2 battles. It was weird that Hau was sent off like that..

Red and Blue

I was honestly disappointed in the league, but wasn't surprised at all.

Well, I didn't expect Tapu Koko to join Kukui - but it worked well enough. My main beef isn't with the Kukui match - aside from Torracat evolving with zero pay-off.

I might've switched a few match-ups, i.e. Silvally was Gladion's ace and imo Lycanroc could've done with a rematch against it. I honestly felt as if Dusk vs. Midnight should've been resolved earlier.

Lastly, the set-up.. it should've been:

Battle Royal
Top 16: 1v1
Top 8: 2v2
Top 4: 3v3
Final: 4v4
Kukui: Full Battle

Everybody in the Top8 had two pokemon, so there wasn't really an excuse to give them 2vs2 battles. It was weird that Hau was sent off like that..
Every in the top 8 had a second Pokemon except for James. It was still probably 1 vs. 1 to accomadate him

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Knowing how the second season of SM went, the ending was definitely better than expected as the expectations were pretty low tbh!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Every in the top 8 had a second Pokemon except for James. It was still probably 1 vs. 1 to accomadate him
They could've had him use Meowth