• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you Tired of the Fire/Fighting Starter Type?

Is the Fire/Fighting starter getting old?

• Yes

Votes: 109 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 24 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
it deffinetly pisses me off. couldn't they pick a more creative type. how about Fire/Dark, or Fire/Bug? im also ****** that the other starters don't have any secondary types.

diehatsu

well what else could that design be...i mean yea i'm not "happy" but i'm hardly disapointed now that blaziken will be moved to OU with infernape (due to speed boost) Emboar will have the niech left in in UU

Wormyzguy

Yes, I'm quite sick of it. I don't like Pokabu, can tolerate Mijumaru (he had to grow on me, it's quite cute.) and love Tsutarja to death, but NO, I get stuck with that stupid *** ugly pig. UGH! I was really hoping Tsutarja or Mijumaru would get the Fighting Combo, ya know? There are only one of both Water/Fighting (Poliwrath) and Grass/Fighting (Breloom). Give us another, GF!

~Nemmeh ;107;

I agree completely with everything you say here. I adore Tsutarja but i dislike using single typed pokemon so I don't know what to do. :(

Also, I think that we NEED more Grass/Fighting and Water/Fighting types. Breloom and Poliwrath rock!

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Yes, it pisses me off! 3 fire/fighting starter in a row? I mean, that's just freaking lame and stupid. I want 2 see other combo too, you know, gosh! >=(

Aurath8

I don't see why everyone is complaining. We've had pure water twice in a row, but no-one gave a damn about it. Fire/fighting is a great combo giving it STAB on the second most powwerful type and negating it's rock weakness. Each one is diffenrent.
Blaziken hits as hard as hell with Superpower and flare blitz. It devotes a lot more to power than Infernape.
Infernape got Close Combat allowing continued sweeping. It may be nowhere near as powerful as Blaziken but it's very, very fast.
Emboar has boatloads of HP and Bulk Up to compensate for that defense. It's a bulky sweeper in a similar mould to curse users. It builds up massive attacking power while aquiring unbeatable defenses. The previous two were so frail the couldn't boost there stats easily without a sub. Emboar can stand there all day taking hits getting ready smash there heads in with Hammer Arm, Flare Blitz and Wild Bolt(WTF).
It be lacking in variety when concerning type but there pokemon behind the red and brown boxes are all awesome in there own unique way.
If you still haven't changed your way of thinking even the slightest then read this: '...it grows a beard of flame...' Facial hair is epic enough without it being made of fire. not to mention infernape's flamin head.
/rant

Xx Flare xX

It doesn't bother me as I normally use Water types (and the odd Grass starter if I fancy something new) and haven't up to now had a Fire starter.

But I can see why people are tired of it already as it will be the Third starter with Fire/Fighting types.
Would be nice if they did Fire/Dark (Hellhound:p), Fire/Ground (Camerupt ftw) or something along them lines.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Why isn't anyone complaining about having 3 pure Grass starters?

that's just as bad as 3 Fire/Fightings, people are just biased becuase their firef@gs and demand the best.

Roserazor

...Look Behind You

that's just as bad as 3 Fire/Fightings, people are just biased becuase their firef@gs and demand the best.

they did that with water as well, but not 3 times IN A ROW!

Aurath8

Venasaur is Grass poison.

they did that with water as well, but not 3 times IN A ROW!

Swampert is water/ground.

And having three water or three grass is an invalid complaint. The starters will always be fire/water/grass as well as their final evolutions. The secondary type of starters is the focus of this thread.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
The only reason it bothers me is because the Pokemon is a PIG. I really don't imagine pigs being Fighting types in any way. But that's just me.

Venasaur is Grass poison.

Swampert is water/ground.

And having three water or three grass is an invalid complaint. The starters will always be fire/water/grass as well as their final evolutions. The secondary type of starters is the focus of this thread.
Yeah that means there are three of each, Meganium, Sceptile and Jaroda. And Blastoise, Feraligatr and Daikenki(they aren't in a row but whatever).

And why doesn't that count? So it is bad with having a common secondary typing but not to have none secondary typing. I think that all the starters need more variation.

1PokemonAddict

Experienced Trainer
YES, this gen I expected fire/ground .. but I'll live. Besides I think all the fire/fighting starters designs are cool.

-1PokemonAddict. :)

Aurath8

Yeah that means there are three of each, Meganium, Sceptile and Jaroda. And Blastoise, Feraligatr and Daikenki(they aren't in a row but whatever).

And why doesn't that count? So it is bad with having a common secondary typing but not to have none secondary typing. I think that all the starters need more variation.

The point I'm making is that there's no use complaining about a starter type that will remain on the pokemon until the franchise dies.

The point I'm making is that there's no use complaining about a starter type that will remain on the pokemon until the franchise dies.
That is ok, but Metal Flygon wasn't complaining about their primary type, he was complaining about their lack of a secondary type.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
Kind of. I was hoping for a Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting, Grass/Psychic trio this gen, and I thought it was going to happen for sure with the way the starters were looking. It doesn't really matter that much to me, as Pokabu works better as a fire default than a fighting default, so I never use him in that regard.

Basically, I don't really care. Emboar is a better fire/fighting starter than Blaziken and is equal to Infernape, imo.

I don't typically pick the Fire starter, so it doesn't bother me much. But it would be nice to see a different secondary type after three generations in a row having Fire/Fighting. Even a pure Fire type would be nice, as we've only had one of those.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Blaziken: Really awesome looking pokémon and the one i prefer.

Infernape: Another one? Well, base stats are better, but i still prefer blaziken

Emboar: WTF??? NOT ANOTHER ONE? WHY IS IT THAT ALL POKEPIGS STAND ON TWO LEGS (or a spring)??? ITS NOT RIGHT...

No. 1 Machop Fan

Normally I'd be neutral on an issue like this, but this time I'm not. This time I'll say that I am sick of this repeated type combo. The fact that the beginning form is an ordinary 4-legged pig makes it even worse. Making its evos suddenly biped and buff is the randomest thing ever, and a pathetic excuse to reuse the same type combo.

Aaaah, that's better. :p

Missingno.Fan

What annoys me the most is that Pokabu's final form doesn't even strike me as being a fighting type. It seems more like a Dark type if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.