• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you Tired of the Fire/Fighting Starter Type?

Is the Fire/Fighting starter getting old?

• Yes

Votes: 109 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 24 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddypower

They could've picked so many more interesting types, but they had to go with fighting again? I love the crap out of Blaziken. Infernape was ok. Emboar looks a bit... odd. And the typing, I really want to see a Fire/Ground starter or Fir/Psychic. You know, with like, blue rings of fire swirling around it, being supported by it's psychic abilities. And the more fire there is, the stronger its psychic ability. But that's just me rambling. Maybe the other starters should have different types instead of being pure, but taunting us by giving us a fire type with a secondary type that's been done twice before is just annoying.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Fire/Fighting type starters are getting old. I liked Blaziken, I thought Infernape was average, and Emboar is also averge. I would have liked Emboar better if he had different typing.

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
Yea I am really getting tired of this starter type combo. I was 99% sure that Pokabu's evolutionsb were going to be fire/ground type. I mean, come on, they are pigs! If there is another generation of pokemon which there probably will be, the fire starter better have a different type combo. I'm even fine with a pure fire type like Typhlosion.

Furaigaan

Ground Trainer
I kinda like Sun Wukong and Zhu Bajie. Oh well, I honestly don't care for the fire starter anyway. Daikenki shoulda been fighting though, but this isn't about the water starter. Fire and Ground coulda been nice for a Ground trainer such as my self.

Aurath8

Yes, It's so boring.
Theres no Fire/Psychic or Fire/Bug Starters which would be fun.
The same old moves Like Mach Punch,Close Combat, Is boring

Out of the starters Mach punch and Close Combat are learned by Infernape only.
blaziken gets double hit and Sky Uppercut.
Infernape got mach punch and Close Combat.
Emboar got Arm Thrust and Hammer Arm.

Very different. Repeat. Very different.

When will some realise that same type =/= same pokemon/strategy attached to pokemon. Look at Fortress and Scizor, nothing like eachother, you play them nothing like eachother, one as a wall and a hazarder, the other a prority sweeper, yet they share types.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I really liked Blaziken, Infernape was okay, but now I'm sick and tired of Fire/Fighting types thanks to Emboar.

#1TransendTrainer

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i luved Blaziken,Infernape grew on me fast,but i think Embroar has a very slim chance. (as much as i luv Fire types,im probably gonna wind up w/ my dear Smugleaf or Mijumaru.Their evolutions look cool.) I didnt mind the typing the 2nd time w/ Infernape, but i was hoping for s/t like:
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Dark
or
Fire/Ground

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Come to think of it, Fire/Fighting is starting to get lame. The last time i'm picking a fire starter is Pokabu. Blaziken was cool. Infernape? Many of my friends were obsessed with Infernape..pokabu? whatever, it's cool.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I heard that both Infernape and Emboar are based on the same Chinese Legend. That is the only part that bugs me: using the same exact basis to create two similar but unrelated Pokemon. There are many butterflies in the world, so having two butterfly Pokemon based on different butterflies is fine in my book. Two fire/fighting chinese characters twice in the row is not.

It doesn't matter too much, though, as I'm getting Smugleaf as my starter.

Pork fat rules!!!

Kidding. I really am tired of the fire-fighting type combination on a starter. It does strongly look like they can't think of anything else. At least with Grass types they have used some variation in the past three Generations.

Aurath8

Pork fat rules!!!
oH FINALLY!

Kidding. I really am tired of the fire-fighting type combination on a starter.
That's just taking the mick now...

It does strongly look like they can't think of anything else.
A well reasoned opinion? What?!

At least with Grass types they have used some variation in the past three Generations.

Wow, a rare decent post in a flood of mediocrity. Pokemon and all related to it never ceases to amze me...

oh noes I need to fgight Platinum's elite 4 at noon!

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Before the starter Pokémon's types were revealed, I really hoped that this generation's Fire-type starter Pokémon would not be of the Fighting type. I was quite disappointed when I found out about Enbuoo's type, as I hoped that it would have a more unique type combination, though later, I quickly got over that and now I no longer mind.

JStunn

Pokemon Master
I liked the first 2 fire-fight starters[blaziken-favorite], but Embuoh........you could wonder why I'm not getting it...
That was 3 gens in a row that they used fire-fight starters, I just hope next gen there wont be, and a better looking fire-fight type

AZX612

On my own here we go
[Sarcasm]NAH, REALLY? I was just starting to get kind of fond of them![/Sarcasm]

Since I was introduced to Pokemon in Generation 3, and my cousin gave me a copy of Gold, I was fine with Infernape being Fire/Fighting even though Blazekin was as well, but now that its a Trio of Fire/Fight types, Im starting to get really annoyed.

I mean, cant Nintendo think of a Different Starter Type Combo?

I mean, It was Cute with Blazikin- Fire/Fight = Fire Fighter
It was Ok with Infernape, I didnt mind a little competition.
Now with the Third one, Its just getting Annoying.

I mean, I bet you that a Charizard could knock out all 3 of those Fire/Fight types with the right Flying Type Attack.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I thought Blaziken was cool, and I loved Infernape. But I absolutely hate Emboar. They could've done so many things with Tepig, but NOPE! They had to give it the Fighting type when Oshawott's line deserved to be Water/Fighting. I mean, they're samurais! How is a samurai otter not Fighting?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It was innovative and unique in 3rd gen, but after three in a row, it's quite stale. They should vary the starters types more than this. I'm also disappointed that Serperior and Samurott are pure Grass and pure Water, that was equally uncreative.

Status
Not open for further replies.