• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you upset with the lack of team chemistry in Ash's Team?

ShadowForce720

Gengar was literally abandoned though, you'd think he'd be wanting to interact with his trainer and new team.
His personality's definitely not that of a loner like Sceptile is

Well that be fair it might be a case where because it was by itself for so long it got use to being alone.

Obviously it appreciates what Ash did for it and can obviously handle being in a group when it’s battling or with Ash. However it seems like when it’s given the option it prefers to be alone when possible.

I mean it could be a case of Gengar ‘s and Dragonite’s respective partners just haven’t been caught yet. Because when you look at it Gengar and Dragonite don’t really seem to have common interest.

Sure they don’t have a problem battling it but they don’t seem to be quite as battle hungry as Riolu and Galarian Farfetch’d is.

Agreed. XY and SM did masterfully in the inter-Poke relationships:
Noivern and Hawlucha (plus Talonflame at times)
Braixen and Pancham
Eevee/Sylveon and Bunnelby
Pancham and Chespin
Pikachu and Greninja
Pikachu and Dedenne
Dedenne and Goodra
Rowlet and Meltan/Melmetal
Litten/Torracat/Incineroar and Incineroar
Pikachu and Poipole/Naganadel
Pikachu and Togedemaru
Lycanroc and Lycanroc
Marowak and Turtonator
Tsareena and Shaymin

Journeys really needs to step it up in this regard.

Just pointing this out but a lot of those relationships happened later in their series then where we’re currently at right now.

Jibanyan

Well that be fair it might be a case where because it was by itself for so long it got use to being alone.
Just pointing this out but a lot of those relationships happened later in their series then where we’re currently at right now.

Not really? the moment the Pokemon got caught(or even before) they formed a friendship/rivalry with other Pokemon, if not in the following episodes but Gengar or Dragonite got caught months ago and they haven't interacted much with any other Pokemon or just have generic interactions.

ShadowForce720

Not really? the moment the Pokemon got caught(or even before) they formed a friendship/rivalry with other Pokemon, if not in the following episodes but Gengar or Dragonite got caught months ago and they haven't interacted much with any other Pokemon or just have generic interactions.

I wasn’t saying that there relationships didn’t happen around when the captured happen. What I’m saying is a lot of those relationships did happen at a later point in the series, then where we are now. As quite of a bit of those Pokémon did have their partners captured or showed up until the late 40’s or later in terms of episode count in their respective series.

Like for instance here is when those Pokémon that showed up later in the series showed up:

Noivern wasn’t caught as a Noibat until episode 76 of X&Y.

Pancham wasn’t caught until episode 47 of X&Y.

Serena’s Eevee wasn’t caught until episode 89 of X&Y.

Going wasn’t caught until episode 55 of X&Y.

Melmetal wasn’t as a Meltan caught until episode 112 of Sun&Moon

Naganadel didn’t show up as a Poipole until episode 61 of Sun&Moon and wasn’t caught until episode 67 of Sun&Moon

Kukui’s Incineroar didn’t show up until episode 63 of Sun&Moon.

Shaymin didn’t show up until episode 108 of Sun&Moon.

Last edited:

wellwellwells

I wasn’t saying that there relationships didn’t happen around when the captured happen. What I’m saying is a lot of those relationships did happen at a later point in the series, then where we are now. As quite of a bit of those Pokémon did have their partners captured or showed up until the late 40’s or later in terms of episode count in their respective series.

This is irrelevant, relationships and personalities need to be stablished upon their inclusion in the cast regardless of the episode # they are captured in.

ShadowForce720

This is irrelevant, relationships and personalities need to be stablished upon their inclusion in the cast regardless of the episode # they are captured in.

No, it’s not, in fact that’s how a lot of relationships in Pokémon have worked. Sure some times some Pokémon get caught around the same time as their partner and others there is a massive gap.

For instance look at the gap between Rowlet and Meltan there wasn’t really any way Meltan could have bonded with Rowlet around Rowlet’s capture episode since Meltan didn’t show up until around the 100’s episode wise.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just hope one or both ends up friends with the next capture, though somehow I doubt they'd be friends with Kubfu if that happens to be the next one. Something tells me it'd be Pikachu or Riolu's buddy

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
As @ShadowForce720 pointed out, there is still time to get on these relationships. We have started to get some, others could be established later in the series. We get Riolu and Farfetch'd, Pikachu and Yamper, Pikachu and Mr. Mime, Riolu and Mr. Mime, the two Farfetch'ds. It's sufficient for now!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
When Dragonite is more friendly with every other pokemon besides Ash's lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Pikachu and Riolu have both gotten a lot of attention but I wish Dragonite and Gengar would appear more. Farfetch'd is new so I can excuse his treatment but yes I want more interactions between Ash's Pokemon. :(

In the case of Galarian Kamonegi specifically, I'm eager to see more of its interactions with Satoshi's other Pokemon since it has a personality that I like compared to Kairyu's happy-go-lucky personality, which I can't say that I'm a fan of.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Realllllly starting to feel like I'm seeing threads like this pop up every 2 or 3 days just for the purpose to give people another way to complain about how they don't like JN I wonder if even BW got it this bad in its first year.

Because it is the first year mind you. I struggle to think of significant relationships XY had then, usually they tend to focus on the mons individually before really diving deep into inter personal relationships between the Pokemon. Even AG/DP had a similar deal, yes SM did a great job with that but that can be mostly owed to the setting and stationary nature of the show Imo

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Frankly it is disappointing how little they've interacted. But the truly frustrating part is that all of Ash's captures actually have so much personality that it's so easy to imagine how some of these interactions would go. Gengar trying and failing to get under the happy-go-lucky Dragonite's skin. Farfetch'd trying to resist Dragonite's affections but ultimately giving in. Riolu trying to fight with Gengar but it keeps getting trolled with ineffective moves. All this could come later but, I mean, we're stuck at the lab half the time anyway, they've had more than enough time to slip some of this stuff in. Even just a couple little scenes like the ones I mentioned would go a long way to making this feel like an actual team and not a random spattering of marketable captures.

ShadowForce720

Frankly it is disappointing how little they've interacted. But the truly frustrating part is that all of Ash's captures actually have so much personality that it's so easy to imagine how some of these interactions would go. Gengar trying and failing to get under the happy-go-lucky Dragonite's skin. Farfetch'd trying to resist Dragonite's affections but ultimately giving in. Riolu trying to fight with Gengar but it keeps getting trolled with ineffective moves. All this could come later but, I mean, we're stuck at the lab half the time anyway, they've had more than enough time to slip some of this stuff in. Even just a couple little scenes like the ones I mentioned would go a long way to making this feel like an actual team and not a random spattering of marketable captures.

The thing is even in cases where Ash’s Pokémon have inter personal relationships, they rarely interact with Pokémon outside of their partner if at all.

So it’s likely that the reason why we haven’t seen Ash’s Dragonite and Gengar interact with another one of Ash’s Pokémon yet is because their partner hasn’t been introduced yet.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dragonite does interact with other pokémon. He'll just hug and love everyone :p

Realllllly starting to feel like I'm seeing threads like this pop up every 2 or 3 days just for the purpose to give people another way to complain about how they don't like JN I wonder if even BW got it this bad in its first year.

I bet it was worse back then :p

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's my biggest issue with this series so far.

It's not even just Ash's Team either. (Tho it's more glaring since Ash's Team gets more focus)

Sobble and Raboot have been walking by Gou's side for multiple episodes now. Have the two so much as even glanced in each other's direction?

Efja9jBX0AEyUR6
Efja9i_WkAUANAQ
Efja9i_XoAADScU
Efja9jBWkAIuDwg

Welp guys today it looks like I gonna have to go put on my Clown Wig
images

(But all jokes aside this is absolutely PRECIOUS and I hope we see more things like this! Just look at them! Raboot is actually smiling. Such a rare occurrence :')

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Sidagam

I really want Riolu and G-Farfetch'd to develop this little rivalry that should already be happening after GF was caught. The opening gives me hope that that will happen.

I'm fine with Dragonite being the big loveable hugger. Gengar needs a lot of work and it's disappointing it hasn't featured more and interacted with the rest of the gang.

Good to see Raboot and Sobble interact

diakyu

I'm pretty sure Farfetch'd and Riolu are about to catch the same L so looking at the opening that will push them further together. Really I just think Dragonite and Gengar need work, Gengar moreso. But like many people have said these things take time.