• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Are you upset with the lack of team chemistry in Ash's Team?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Idk how to explain this but it feels to me that Ash's team just lacks soul....
He cought 2 fully evolved fan favourite Kanto Pokemon and then another fan favourite named Riolu...
I dont see chimestry between them whatsoever. It feels like he just got them for the sake of getting them and nothing more.
And following this, if the writers want Ash to have power houses from previous gens for that world tournament thing (mostly Kanto atm....) I would rather he would use his reserves for that purpose.

nickdt

Yes, because Ash getting Riolu goes exactly as i feared: Riolu, Riolu, Riolu. His other Pokemon don't exist anymore. Its especially bad for Galarfetch'd, who is also a Fighting type and was caught right after Riolu. You are gonna be like: What was the point in giving Ash Galarfetch'd if they didn't plan to use it or give it development anyways.

LucasMV

Currently I'm mostly concerned that Ash's team is not even around enough. Coming from a series like SM that did a great job in having the main cast pokemon interact with each other and Ash a lot, to this series' approach feels like a step backwards.

There can't be any chemistry if Gengar, Dragonite and Farfetch'd rarely show their faces. Even Riolu doesn't interact much with Pikachu or Ash outside of battles.
I want more episodes like the one in Kalos where Ash had his full team outside their pokeballs, or the Lab episode which I think did a great job in portraying the different personalities of the pokemon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eh, I'm used to his team chemistry basically disappearing whenever he has the majority of his team fully evolved. The last time I cared was with Hawlucha and Noivern. Poor big and reliable son only had that as his saving grace.

But don't fret, Pikachu will totally hang out a lot with Lucario!

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucasMV said:
I want more episodes like the one in Kalos where Ash had his full team outside their pokeballs, or the Lab episode which I think did a great job in portraying the different personalities of the pokemon.

I really think that Pikachu's recent jealousy episode was a missed opportunity to show off more of Satoshi's Pokemon's personalities. I would've liked to have seen Kairyu or Gangar or both join Pikachu and Barrierd on their little adventure since Satoshi was too busy focusing on Riolu, anyway.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Pikachu and Mr Mime have had the best chemistry ( among ash's mons )in this series so far. His other mon's are rarely seen together to begin with.Riolu and pikachu had a brief moment during the flygon episode though.

Yago_jm

Yes, no doubts about it so far.
Ash's current team doesn't even look like one, it's all about Riolu and Pikachu while Dragonite and Gengar got one or two moments only and G.Farf became a pushover that is yet to even learn a Fight-type move.
We don't need to see them together all the time of course, but at least show them with Ash in the lab and facing TR, playing together once in a while, it would be great to see Dragonite and Gengar helping Riolu and Farfetch'd in training as they are fully evolved and could share some experience, simple scenes like that which are not even 1 minute.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes, no doubts about it so far.
Ash's current team doesn't even look like one, it's all about Riolu and Pikachu while Dragonite and Gengar got one or two moments only and G.Farf became a pushover that is yet to even learn a Fight-type move.
We don't need to see them together all the time of course, but at least show them with Ash in the lab and facing TR, playing together once in a while, it would be great to see Dragonite and Gengar helping Riolu and Farfetch'd in training as they are fully evolved and could share some experience, simple scenes like that which are not even 1 minute.
What can Gengar teach after getting owned by the weakest returning character in the series so far. It's like getting owned by Yamcha.

LucasMV

What can Gengar teach after getting owned by the weakest returning character in the series so far. It's like getting owned by Yamcha.

I don't know about Kiawe, but Korrina is far above the rest of the Alola classmates. And the only other returning character was Lance so, it's not exactly a big sample for comparison.

I still want Gengar to have his own battle like Dragonite though, to show his skills.

Yago_jm

Eh... your comparison is very forced to say the least and misses the point that happens to be the bonding between Ash's team.
Also, the example is clearly stated to be for more simple and fast scenes like moments when Ash and Goh are feeding the pokémon at the park and we different pokémon having fun, being in groups, fighting, etc...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eh... your comparison is very forced to say the least and misses the point that happens to be the bonding between Ash's team.
You asked
it would be great to see Dragonite and Gengar helping Riolu and Farfetch'd in training as they are fully evolved and could share some experience.
I answered
At this point, ignoring the tentacle storm, Riolu has had it better than the ghost that Riolu would be training him instead for bonding points coming from him, not Gengar. Ha ha.

RafaSceptile

Not at all, only Gengar lacks of interactions, the other Pokémon are OK at least. Also people should wait, this is still first season of Pokémon Journeys and interactions and relationships between Pokémon needs Development

it would be great to see Dragonite and Gengar helping Riolu and Farfetch'd in training as they are fully evolved and could share some experience, simple scenes like that which are not even 1 minute.
Your wish is partially answered.

They are training together indeed. Though only Riolu and Pikachu shown sparring onscreen, Ash did ask Dragonite and G.Farfectch'd sparring before Goh appear. It is no doubt they have done that a lot offscreen.

Though I wonder how can that wild duck handle a dragon... Dragonite will soon be Sirfetch'd mount.

Yago_jm

Your wish is partially answered.

They are training together indeed. Though only Riolu and Pikachu shown sparring onscreen, Ash did ask Dragonite and G.Farfectch'd sparring before Goh appear. It is no doubt they have done that a lot offscreen.

Though I wonder how can that wild duck handle a dragon... Dragonite will soon be Sirfetch'd mount.

Yeah, I was quite happy with that little moment and just like I said, a simple scene that doesn't take more than a minute.

LucasMV

Yeah, I was quite happy with that little moment and just like I said, a simple scene that doesn't take more than a minute.

While I'm glad Dragonite, Farfetch'd and Gengar showed up instead of only Riolu and Pikachu training, it seemed like a tease that Go interrupted just when Ash was about to train Farfetch'd and Dragonite.

It felt like, "yeah, they train too", but we don't get to see it.

D

Deleted member 384931

I guess the pokemon are very different.
Gengar:lonely, prankster
Dragonite:hugger, mother figure
Riolu: serious, hates to lose
G. Farfechted: serious
Pikachu:happy
Mr. Mime:idk personally

Chemistry is literally still basically nonexistent. There was kind of one scene where they were training together and the interactions there were so incredibly underwhelming I hesitate to call that an example of " chemistry. "

Apparently having every one of Ash's Pokemon together frolicking is too much effort for the writers these days. You can't even write a filler in which they interact? What a joke.

Last edited: