• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Areceus Legends DLC discussion

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't think they're going to add an entirely new region through DLC. I do think there will be DLC of some sort, however. This next bit is a rumor/potential leak so I'll spoiler tag it.

So Riddler Khu is a Twitter account that posted riddles pointing towards things like rideable Pokemon, Sneasler, Enamorous, Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine, and Ursaluna, among many others, prior to these things being confirmed. These aren't generic hints that you go back and cold-read meaning onto in order to justify them either; I don't have most of them saved but here's his post hinting at an alternate evolution for Sneasel as an example;
fhwn4lxxopv71.jpg

Anyways, this person also posted this, in regards to Legends: Arceus:
FJ9VhjHXoAczj5i

This could be taken as confirmation of DLC being released, or at least announced, in April. Looker, an investigator for the International Police, and Palmer, the tycoon of the DPPt Battle Tower, are the NPCs he chose to represent this. What exactly this means isn't clear. It could have something to do with the founding of the International Police and the Sinnoh Battle Tower.

Of course, while this leak does have credibility it's still just a leak with no hard evidence, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. Khu probably has inside information but we don't know how he's getting it, so we don't know how reliable it is, and there is of course always the possibility of him throwing in false information for whatever reason.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The eShop does mention in-game purchases when you view it. It’s in tiny font but the page basically confirms some type of DLC or micro transactions.

Luthor

There's also a few Pokemon that are in the later Sinnoh Pokedex (both versions) that didn't make the Hisui Pokedex. While its not essential for these Pokemon to appear (as its possible they were later additions to the region) I could see them being part of the dex if they are expanding due to DLC.

ShadowForce720

There's also a few Pokemon that are in the later Sinnoh Pokedex (both versions) that didn't make the Hisui Pokedex. While its not essential for these Pokemon to appear (as its possible they were later additions to the region) I could see them being part of the dex if they are expanding due to DLC.
On that note here is a list of Pokémon that are in the Sinnoh Pokédex but didn’t make into Legends Arceus(in case anyone is curious):

Goldeen/Seaking
Wooper/Quagsire
Wingull/Pelipper
Girafarig
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Feebas/Milotic
Meditite/Medicham
Houndour/Houndoom
Tropius
Absol

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
On that note here is a list of Pokémon that are in the Sinnoh Pokédex but didn’t make into Legends Arceus(in case anyone is curious):

Goldeen/Seaking
Wooper/Quagsire
Wingull/Pelipper
Girafarig
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Feebas/Milotic
Meditite/Medicham
Houndour/Houndoom
Tropius
Absol
Feebas and Milotic I can understand why they aren’t in Legends given how specific the evolution method is. You COULD use a Prism Scale theoretically but then there would need to be an explanation as to why it doesn’t exist in BDSP and Beauty isn’t a thing in Legends.

MrJechgo

How about "DLC" in the form of connectivity between Legends and SwSh, so you can use your new Pokémon in Galar?

If they could also do that for BDSP, that would be welcomed ;)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
How about "DLC" in the form of connectivity between Legends and SwSh, so you can use your new Pokémon in Galar?

If they could also do that for BDSP, that would be welcomed ;)

They have stated that Sw/Sh will remain the main focus of VGC for the time being. I doubt they would want to exclude the new Pokemon from VGC for very long, so it's very possible that Sw/Sh will get a compatibility patch to allow you to transfer the new Pokemon to it once Home compatibility is released. I think that depends on how far away the next set of games is, though. If they're planning on releasing Gen 9 games this November, they may not bother, because presumably those games will be compatible with the new Pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Maybe some Looker DLC. It'd be quite the twist if Looker turned out to be from the past.
I see that as being plausible. He’s appeared in at least one game in the series since Platinum in every Gen since. It’s a bit odd that he wasn’t in SwSh investigating about the Darkest Day and Dynamax given their similarities to wormholes and Z-Moves. Plus we hardly know anything about him other than he is an agent for the International Police, he had a Croagunk as a partner who was then hinted to have died, was chasing down the remaining Sages in BW and Ghetsis in BW2, he came from a region not set in real world Japan, he had a detective agency in Kalos, and he is implied to have fallen through a wormhole in ORAS and lost his memory and teamed up with Annabel in Alola to investigate strange occurrences in the region. We don’t know much about his backstory or why he ended up in the ORAS timeline and a Looker DLC could help us figure out which universe SwSh, BDSP, and Legends fall into as they don’t exactly line up with the Mega Evolution one and are definitely not part of the original as BDSP has that new story that hinted Overqwil without saying its name and there are brand new Pokémon in Legends.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Looker existing in both timelines isn't a continuity problem, and we have no reason to believe he crossed between the two timelines. When he falls into the wormhole in OR/AS and appears in Alola, he appears in another location in the same timeline. There are plenty of characters that exist in both timelines; in fact you'd have an easier time listing the ones who don't. Lisia, for example, doesn't appear in R/S/E. This could be written off as a sort of suspension-of-disbelief thing, maybe she does exist in the R/S/E universe but isn't as prominent or well-known as she is in R/S/E, or maybe she exists and it's just sheer dumb luck that the R/S/E player never runs into her while the OR/AS player does.

However there could also an actual in-universe explanation for it, although what exactly it would be isn't clear to me. It would make more sense if she was present in the R/S/E universe and not the OR/AS one; in that case it would be likely that a distant ancestor of hers died when the Ultimate Weapon was fired in the OR/AS universe but lived on in the R/S/E one.

MrJechgo

They have stated that Sw/Sh will remain the main focus of VGC for the time being. I doubt they would want to exclude the new Pokemon from VGC for very long, so it's very possible that Sw/Sh will get a compatibility patch to allow you to transfer the new Pokemon to it once Home compatibility is released. I think that depends on how far away the next set of games is, though. If they're planning on releasing Gen 9 games this November, they may not bother, because presumably those games will be compatible with the new Pokemon.
What kinda bugs me is that they didn't address the "Dexit" by releasing missing Pokémon in special Raids ever since SwSh's release. There could have been a special team that could have ported the missing critters over time.

Due to not doing this, BDSP is still not compatible with SwSh (at least from BDSP to SwSh), HOME is just loaded with unavailable Pokémon which somehow got more moves from Gen 8 and now Legends's state of compatibility is still unknown.

When Meltan and Melmetal were introduced in GO, they were both added in Let's Go and later in SwSh, but there was a gap in between. If Gen 9 isn't coming until the Switch's successor, that's gonna be a long wait ^^;

Pokemon Power

I'm hoping for DLC for Legends, as well as Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. I'm thinking there should be a new location in Sinnoh which you can visit in all three, in the present for BD/SP and in the past for Legends. I'm also thinking they'll all be updated to allow the regional forms of Pokemon available in the games to be transferred over, including all Alolan forms and a selection of Galarian and Hisuian forms in BD/SP, and the regular forms of all Hisuian form Pokemon, plus Alolan Raichu and Geodude family, and Galarian Ponyta family and Mr. Mime in Legends. As for exclusive evolutions, in BD/SP, we'll just have to see, but in Legends, if they can have Sylveon, I say they should add Mr. Rime. Finally, as a cherry on top, they should add a compatibility update to Sword and Shield so you can bring all the remaining Gen. 1 through 4 Pokemon, as well as the Oshawott family and all the new Pokemon and Hisuian forms from Legends over from BD, SP and Legends. They said the competitive aspects of the franchise would remain in Sword and Shield this generation, so it would make sense. Oh, and if they wanted to add additional Pokemon in Legends, they could have the other Johto, Unova and Alola starters, probably give them Hisuian forms too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think they'll add one more area to LA as DLC and throw in the missing Sinnoh Dex Pokemon and the missing 5th-7th gen Pokemon that aren't in SwSh. Probably add in a few more Hisuian variants. That gives us about 100 extra Pokemon to play around with, which should be a reasonable number to expect.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This is what I think could be in the DLC (assuming we get one):
- new area, potentially the southwest extension of Hokkaido, which was Almia in Pokemon Ranger
- new characters
- the remaining unobtainable Pokemon
- possibly new Hisuian forms and a new Mythical, because I highly doubt the Dex will end with Enamorus

Last edited:

Rune Knight

I'd like to see more ancestors to pre-existing characters, preferably even ones related to the main protagonists from different games, ie; Red, Ethan, May, etc.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just want see if update allow will allow more older so i can hopefully transfer greninja from pokemon home. I know Froakie wasn't from SInnoh but leaving a ninja themed pokemon out of a a game that is heavily inspired by ancient japan? It's just a weird decision that it's not a wild encounter.

I hope they add more battles as well and the ability to double battle would be very helpful in the wild
Indeed. In the Cobalt Coastland chapter you're attacked by both Irida's Glaceon and a Eevee (Don't know if it was a wild eevee and i tried to catch it after Glaceon was ko'd) These 2x1 trainer battles are annoying when they happen without warning.