• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Areceus Legends DLC discussion

Volcarona1994

It could certainly be Sinjoh though I think it'll only be one or two extra map
I also have a bold prediction:

I think Mega might be returning, Megas would fit this game's theme so well. This game really highlights how Pokemon are wild and dangerous creatures and Megas are portrayed in lore as being dangerous and unstable themselves. Having to face Megas in the DLC would really up the ante. I mean, could you imagine dodging attacks from a Mega Gyarados or something? Even bolder is I think there will be a handful of new ones to help market the DLC and give some new forms to popular Sinnoh Pokemon. I think we'll get the following:

New Megas:
Mega Torterra
Mega Infernape
Mega Empoleon
Mega Luxray
Mega Drifblim
Mega Froslass
Mega Regigigas
Mega Arceus

Returning Megas:
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Steelix
Mega Scizor
Mega Gyarados
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Gallade
Mega Medicham
Mega Altaria
Mega Absol
Mega Glalie
Mega Lopunny
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario
Mega Abomasnow
Pokemon can't hold items in PLA, so hard to see Megas this time

Luthor

Pokemon can't hold items in PLA, so hard to see Megas this time

They've actually had this issue before in the Let's go games. It simply gave you the option to mega evolve if the relevant type of Pokemon is present as long as you own the stone. I don't think mega's will return just yet given the lack of battles in this game but I can't rule it out.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I don't exactly think Megas are likely to be added either, but the lack of held items isn't really the problem. They found ways to work around that with Arceus's plates, there's technically no reason they couldn't do the same for Mega Stones. It's just a bit of a stretch to say that they will. Unfortunately I think Mega Evolution has essentially been dropped from the series, and while I would like to see it return, when I think about it, I would rather see Pokemon like Sableye, Kangaskhan, and Pinsir who relied on their Mega Evolutions to be remotely viable receive actual evolutions instead.

Volcarona1994

They've actually had this issue before in the Let's go games. It simply gave you the option to mega evolve if the relevant type of Pokemon is present as long as you own the stone. I don't think mega's will return just yet given the lack of battles in games but I can't rule it out.
I never played Let's go games, so I don't know how it worked. Anyway, adding Megas would feel weird because humans and Pokemon weren't so close to bond (in Pokemon lore Megaevolution is only achieved when a Pokemon and its human partner share a very strong bond). In PLA humans still fear Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I don't exactly think Megas are likely to be added either, but the lack of held items isn't really the problem. They found ways to work around that with Arceus's plates, there's technically no reason they couldn't do the same for Mega Stones. It's just a bit of a stretch to say that they will. Unfortunately I think Mega Evolution has essentially been dropped from the series, and while I would like to see it return, when I think about it, I would rather see Pokemon like Sableye, Kangaskhan, and Pinsir who relied on their Mega Evolutions to be remotely viable receive actual evolutions instead.
Now while I’m not going to say that I thinks Mega Evolution isn’t going to return in DLC for Legends Arceus, I doubt that it has been dropped from the series as it’s safe to say that it will be in the X&Y remakes.

Plus some were sure that new standard evolutions for past gen Pokémon had been dropped from the series and that we wouldn’t get any for past gen Pokémon that didn’t receive regional variants and in Legends Arceus we got 3 new standard evolutions for past gen Pokémon being Ursaluna, Wydeer, and Kleavor which evolved from the standard Ursaring, Stantler, and Scyther respectively.

So we will most likely see Mega Evolution return at some point given that it is popular and its unlikely that they would just throw all those designs away after putting the time into making them.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Now while I’m not going to say that I thinks Mega Evolution isn’t going to return in DLC for Legends Arceus, I doubt that it has been dropped from the series as it’s safe to say that it will be in the X&Y remakes.

Plus some were sure that new standard evolutions for past gen Pokémon had been dropped from the series and that we wouldn’t get any for past gen Pokémon that didn’t receive regional variants and in Legends Arceus we got 3 new standard evolutions for past gen Pokémon being Ursaluna, Wydeer, and Kleavor which evolved from the standard Ursaring, Stantler, and Scyther respectively.

So we will most likely see Mega Evolution return at some point given that it is popular and its unlikely that they would just throw all those designs away after putting the time into making them.

X/Y remakes are probably way in the future, though, and while Mega Evolution might return there (especially if they go with a "faithful remaster" approach like they did with BD/SP), returning in a remake is not really my point. Nor was my point that Mega Evolution is definitely and absolutely gone (the first two words of that sentence are "I think", after all), but that I wouldn't be so sure of it ever returning as a staple mechanic in anything other than a potential remaster of X/Y, and certainly wouldn't be sure of new Mega Evolutions ever being added.

I'm not really sure what new standard evolutions have to do with this; I wasn't one of the ones who apparently thought that new standard evolutions wouldn't happen despite the fact that they already happened with Sw/Sh. Nor would I be so confident of Megas returning simply because of their popularity or design or whatever. Megas were quite controversial when they debuted, and while much of the fanbase has warmed up to them over time, they aren't quite as ubiquitous as some people want them to be. As for designs, that's sort of a non-point as well; they apparently insist on recreating models and animations from scratch for each new game anyways, so if anything dropping Megas frees up development time. It's not like there aren't thousands of other assets that serve their purpose in a game or two and then are discarded in future games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
X/Y remakes are probably way in the future, though, and while Mega Evolution might return there (especially if they go with a "faithful remaster" approach like they did with BD/SP), returning in a remake is not really my point. Nor was my point that Mega Evolution is definitely and absolutely gone (the first two words of that sentence are "I think", after all), but that I wouldn't be so sure of it ever returning as a staple mechanic in anything other than a potential remaster of X/Y, and certainly wouldn't be sure of new Mega Evolutions ever being added.

I'm not really sure what new standard evolutions have to do with this; I wasn't one of the ones who apparently thought that new standard evolutions wouldn't happen despite the fact that they already happened with Sw/Sh. Nor would I be so confident of Megas returning simply because of their popularity or design or whatever. Megas were quite controversial when they debuted, and while much of the fanbase has warmed up to them over time, they aren't quite as ubiquitous as some people want them to be. As for designs, that's sort of a non-point as well; they apparently insist on recreating models and animations from scratch for each new game anyways, so if anything dropping Megas frees up development time. It's not like there aren't thousands of other assets that serve their purpose in a game or two and then are discarded in future games.

They're not ubiquitous, but I can see them appearing in older regions where it fits the lore/theming of the region. As I said, Megas fit this game's theme of dangerous, untamed creatures because Megas themselves are stated to be dangerous and unstable forms. Having them somehow attain those forms in the wild and attack trainers with even greater ferocity would be a fitting way to expand on the gameplay.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
They're not ubiquitous, but I can see them appearing in older regions where it fits the lore/theming of the region. As I said, Megas fit this game's theme of dangerous, untamed creatures because Megas themselves are stated to be dangerous and unstable forms. Having them somehow attain those forms in the wild and attack trainers with even greater ferocity would be a fitting way to expand on the gameplay.
There would then have to be some sort of explanation on why mega stones existed in Hisui but are no longer found in present day Sinnoh. With their abundance someone could not say that they were just shipped out of the region.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
There would then have to be some sort of explanation on why mega stones existed in Hisui but are no longer found in present day Sinnoh. With their abundance someone could not say that they were just shipped out of the region.

To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time they've shifted lore to include a feature. ORAS was built around restructuring RSE's lore so that Mega Evolution was a part of its history when it originally had nothing to do with it (and contradicted XY on top of it). They could make a simple handwave and throw it in if that's what they want.

Not saying I think it will happen, just that lore isn't something GF cares to break if they want to include something.

Det. Viper

To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time they've shifted lore to include a feature. ORAS was built around restructuring RSE's lore so that Mega Evolution was a part of its history when it originally had nothing to do with it (and contradicted XY on top of it). They could make a simple handwave and throw it in if that's what they want.

Not saying I think it will happen, just that lore isn't something GF cares to break if they want to include something.
There’s a difference between a small plot hole created by ORAS (it really only contradicts Sycamore saying Lucario was the first) and mega stones suddenly disappearing from the region. I mean they already have a plot hole by saying the energy of Mt. Coronet causes the H-Typhlosion evolution but doesn’t have an effect in present day Sinnoh.

Why that place?
That’s the Almia region where the events of Pokémon Ranger takes places. It’s a real convenient add on.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
There’s a difference between a small plot hole created by ORAS (it really only contradicts Sycamore saying Lucario was the first) and mega stones suddenly disappearing from the region. I mean they already have a plot hole by saying the energy of Mt. Coronet causes the H-Typhlosion evolution but doesn’t have an effect in present day Sinnoh.

Mega Evolution was said to be strictly a Kalos only thing in XY as Sycamore flat out questions why it only occurs there when you talk to him at the Anistar Sundial. Then ORAS comes along and not only does the story involve Mega Evolution on a large scale with the legendaries, but there's multiple characters running around with their own like Steven, Lisia, and the Team Bosses that should definitely have been on Sycamore's radar as ORAS is a prequel. Driving this home even further Prof. Cosmos says he's going to tell a colleague about what happened in the region, which is implied to be Sycamore and thus he shouldn't be saying that statement at all.

In the end Mega Evolution went from a regionally exclusive thing to something that was massively involved in the lore and story of Hoenn, years before the events of XY. If they can contradict a game made a year after XY where the plot/lore details were fresh in their minds, they wouldn't have a problem doing the same with games spaced out longer, and that's assuming they don't just say something like "Arceus did it" and write it off entirely.

Det. Viper

Mega Evolution was said to be strictly a Kalos only thing in XY as Sycamore flat out questions why it only occurs there when you talk to him at the Anistar Sundial. Then ORAS comes along and not only does the story involve Mega Evolution on a large scale with the legendaries, but there's multiple characters running around with their own like Steven, Lisia, and the Team Bosses that should definitely have been on Sycamore's radar as ORAS is a prequel. Driving this home even further Prof. Cosmos says he's going to tell a colleague about what happened in the region, which is implied to be Sycamore and thus he shouldn't be saying that statement at all.

In the end Mega Evolution went from a regionally exclusive thing to something that was massively involved in the lore and story of Hoenn, years before the events of XY. If they can contradict a game made a year after XY where the plot/lore details were fresh in their minds, they wouldn't have a problem doing the same with games spaced out longer, and that's assuming they don't just say something like "Arceus did it" and write it off entirely.
I do not remember Sycamore stating it only happened in the Kalos region. He does state that it’s Kalos biggest mystery and that examples only exist in Kalos (which I assume is retconned to mean only in the present). But I do agree that ORAS contradicts XY quite a bit in that regard. In this sense, I’m happy that Dynamax has only existed in Galar and they have not gone back on that… yet. I just don’t think mega evolution has a place in Hisui.

Ultra Beast Lover

If we are able to build our own village, which one do you guys think we'll build? I'm thinking Eterna City although some NPCs mention turning one of the camps into a village so that could mean somewhere like Sunnyshore

Orphalesion

Oooh another village for a DLC would be awesome! Any theories on which of the modern cities in Sinnoh that village might turn out to be?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oooh another village for a DLC would be awesome! Any theories on which of the modern cities in Sinnoh that village might turn out to be?

If we're going by the map, the only city whose precise area of location is untouched in Pokémon Legends is Eterna City.

Since Eterna is described as "an old city that shows fading and almost-forgotten vestiges of ancient history," We could easily deduce it as the possible DLC village.

ShadowForce720

You know if the DLC has us going to the Sinjoh ruins or some other place outside of Hisui or if a space-time rift takes you to a spot in present day Sinnoh it would be nice if you could evolve Dartrix, Quilava, Dewott, Rufflet, Petilili, Goomy, and Bergmite into their no regional forms there.

PCN24454

I also have a bold prediction:

I think Mega might be returning, Megas would fit this game's theme so well. This game really highlights how Pokemon are wild and dangerous creatures and Megas are portrayed in lore as being dangerous and unstable themselves. Having to face Megas in the DLC would really up the ante. I mean, could you imagine dodging attacks from a Mega Gyarados or something? Even bolder is I think there will be a handful of new ones to help market the DLC and give some new forms to popular Sinnoh Pokemon. I think we'll get the following:

New Megas:
Mega Torterra
Mega Infernape
Mega Empoleon
Mega Luxray
Mega Drifblim
Mega Froslass
Mega Regigigas
Mega Arceus

Returning Megas:
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Steelix
Mega Scizor
Mega Gyarados
Mega Heracross
Mega Houndoom
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Gallade
Mega Medicham
Mega Altaria
Mega Absol
Mega Glalie
Mega Lopunny
Mega Garchomp
Mega Lucario
Mega Abomasnow
They’d be more likely to do Dynamax than that.