• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Areceus Legends DLC discussion

Orphalesion

If we're going by the map, the only city whose precise area of location is untouched in Pokémon Legends is Eterna City.

Since Eterna is described as "an old city that shows fading and almost-forgotten vestiges of ancient history," We could easily deduce it as the possible DLC village.

Eterna Village, has a nice ring to it.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, Eterna Village could be a village where the three main groups come together. The Galaxy Team can build the Galactic Building and the Diamond and Pearl clans can build the statue.

Orphalesion

Yeah, Eterna Village could be a village where the three main groups come together. The Galaxy Team can build the Galactic Building and the Diamond and Pearl clans can build the statue.

Exactly and the name could relate to the different philosophies of tiiiiiime and spaaaace coming together and all.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
What i really just want to get more returning pokemon like including Greninja and be compatible with this game and BDSP. Don't need new entries, just wanna use them. If they do what they did with Sword Shield (You could transfer compatible pokemons and alolan starters into Sword Shield without dlc installed The Isle of Armor had still had the 300 Diglett Guy who could give you alolan starters)

Also a bit of a stretch free outfits regardless of installed dlc. I really would want to have Dawn's Pink Skirt Outfit Hisuian era version of her standard pink skirt outfit. The current clothes just aren't close enough to look similar.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
DLC doesn't have to come as a new patch of land. We could get more Pokemon, missions, and challenges.

Though I don't think we did anything with the island in the northeast in the original Sinnoh games, unless I'm mistaken (I haven't finished the game yet).

Luthor

I'd like to see a Galarian form Pokemon appear as part of a DLC request. Mostly just because I want to see Laverton give some interesting facts.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I'd like to see a Galarian form Pokemon appear as part of a DLC request. Mostly just because I want to see Laverton give some interesting facts.
I would really like to see Glarian forms of Pokemon from the Hisui dex, like Ponyta and Mr. Mime. I also want them to go ham with the gen 5 mons. Most of my gen 5 team is just sitting in Home. I like Luxray, but I miss my Eelektross! (Though admittedly, without levitate he'd probably get wrecked. )

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
They’d be more likely to do Dynamax than that.

Noble Avalugg is almost Dynamax'd by itself ;)

no reason to think we're getting anything more than new regional forms or evolutions in terms of Pokemon.

maybe new pokemon like Calyrex and the Horses if were lucky.

I still vote new forms for the Johto, Alola, and Unova starters. to go with the other 3

ShadowForce720

Noble Avalugg is almost Dynamax'd by itself ;)

no reason to think we're getting anything more than new regional forms or evolutions in terms of Pokemon.

maybe new pokemon like Calyrex and the Horses if were lucky.

I still vote new forms for the Johto, Alola, and Unova starters. to go with the other 3
I do wonder if we will get any new Hisuian forms or evolutions for gen 3 Pokémon, because if you look at it that was the only generation that didn’t get anything in Legends Arceus.

Interestingly enough Johto and Unova got a lot of love in Legends Arceus with the amount of new Pokémon and regional forms/forms they got.

Come to think of the only thing gen 3 got in Sword & Shield was the Zigzagoon line getting regional variants and a regional evolution, and then through the DLC it got two new members for the Regis.

I mean I can understand why Kalos and Alola aren’t getting much do to them being the most recent generations before gen 8, but why on earth is gen 3 not getting that much?

ValorSuga

I just want see if update allow will allow more older so i can hopefully transfer greninja from pokemon home. I know Froakie wasn't from SInnoh but leaving a ninja themed pokemon out of a a game that is heavily inspired by ancient japan? It's just a weird decision that it's not a wild encounter.

Indeed. In the Cobalt Coastland chapter you're attacked by both Irida's Glaceon and a Eevee (Don't know if it was a wild eevee and i tried to catch it after Glaceon was ko'd) These 2x1 trainer battles are annoying when they happen without warning.
I’m not sure about Froakie’s release! If It’s going to be released, then Chespin & Fennekin need to be released as well since that would make a lot of players angry!

Barrysun

one thing I'm hoping to see is the ability to guaranteed what nature the captured Pokémon has.

Superskull85

Darkside Trainer
I wouldn't rule out visiting Galar as part of the DLC. The game hints heavily at Galarian's being fundamental to the creation of the modern Sinnoh (ie it probably would not exist without Galarian influence; Kamado even coins Sinnoh as a name for the region). Between pokeballs coming from Galar to Hisui, some major ancestors of Sinnoh coming from Galarian descent, and the entire reason the Galaxy Team is in Hisui is because of misfortunes in Galar's past, I wouldn't find it odd to have DLC involving Galar.

In fact, having DLC related to Galar would give the game a lore connection to explain how Hisuan forms and (possibly) Alpha Pokemon can appear in Sword & Shield. Some of the Galaxy Team could have gone back to Galar with some Hisuan Pokemon in tow and in specific areas of Galar these Pokemon flourished enough to be at least rare in the modern Galar to appear in Sword & Shield.

Involving pokeballs and the small mentions of them in other regions the game has small tidbits of hints that Galar influenced the past of more than just Hisui. If Galar is based around colonial Europe in general it would make sense that trade happened between the colonies and Galar. So perhaps after completing the Pokedex in Hisui Kamado realises pokemon no longer need to be feared and decides it might be time to venture back to Galar to start making it a better place (colonies helping Galar strive and start to industrialise).

Trade between these so-called colonies is not out of the question since pokemon like Aloan Vulpix have a place in the story.

... All I'm saying is that Galar has a large influence in Hisui. I would not be surprised if at least some form of DLC explored Galar in some way.

Luthor

I wouldn't rule out visiting Galar as part of the DLC. The game hints heavily at Galarian's being fundamental to the creation of the modern Sinnoh (ie it probably would not exist without Galarian influence; Kamado even coins Sinnoh as a name for the region). Between pokeballs coming from Galar to Hisui, some major ancestors of Sinnoh coming from Galarian descent, and the entire reason the Galaxy Team is in Hisui is because of misfortunes in Galar's past, I wouldn't find it odd to have DLC involving Galar.

In fact, having DLC related to Galar would give the game a lore connection to explain how Hisuan forms and (possibly) Alpha Pokemon can appear in Sword & Shield. Some of the Galaxy Team could have gone back to Galar with some Hisuan Pokemon in tow and in specific areas of Galar these Pokemon flourished enough to be at least rare in the modern Galar to appear in Sword & Shield.

Involving pokeballs and the small mentions of them in other regions the game has small tidbits of hints that Galar influenced the past of more than just Hisui. If Galar is based around colonial Europe in general it would make sense that trade happened between the colonies and Galar. So perhaps after completing the Pokedex in Hisui Kamado realises pokemon no longer need to be feared and decides it might be time to venture back to Galar to start making it a better place (colonies helping Galar strive and start to industrialise).

Trade between these so-called colonies is not out of the question since pokemon like Aloan Vulpix have a place in the story.

... All I'm saying is that Galar has a large influence in Hisui. I would not be surprised if at least some form of DLC explored Galar in some way.

I definitely can't rule it out as there are definite connections I don't think they will have us visit it though. My speculation is they might just add some Galarian Pokemon into the DLC. Galarian Weezing would seem like a logical one given Team Galaxy building. It could easily be a gift from Laverton.

If we do get DLC for this game I'd like a new area or two with more mons to catch. Some new bosses to go with the areas. I'd also love some kinda boss rush mode where you fight all the Nobles one after another for some rare items. Would be a good challenge and also be fun to craft a team around in my opinion. Any DLC I think will further cement the links with Unova too

Darkbirt

I probably hope on to much to come, but I hope on a lot:

- I hope they add abilities, but fully changed to the new battle mechanism. Even more, that every Pokémon would have two abilities. One ability is always the same for a specific Pokémon and the other is optional and can change. For example a Koffing with levitate and Neutralizing Gas. It's just not currently logic as when you switch the ability that Koffing in the air is hit by a ground type move.

- I hope they add held items, but all items will be visible ( a Pokémon with a choice scarf has a visible scarf.)

- The return of Mega evolution (with help of a key item you can change the form in it's mega). This is almost certain that it will arrive in PLA, as the code for the Mega evolution seems to have traces in PLA.

- More Pokémon (off course). Leaks say that the final Pokédex of PLA will be 400, this is speculation off course.

- Breeding will not return, I'm happy with that. How long it takes until the shiny comes out the egg. I like the outbreak mechanism more.

- A rare item called shiny herb, that can turn you're favorite Pokémon in a shiny (yeah, I'm just dreaming.)

- An item for letting you're Pokémon turn alpha.

- A new area would be nice, around three would be nice. Hint eight areas, the number eight.

- The possibility to get back in the future, and start you're adventure again in three new areas and the re-used older five areas. In each one you can earn a badge. If this will happen then the DLC would be huge.

- Online features, such as battling (off course abilities and items are a necessity.)

- A closure to the story

If we get all of it, I will be the happiest person on the world.
Still dreaming about the shiny herb.

ShadowForce720

I probably hope on to much to come, but I hope on a lot:

- I hope they add abilities, but fully changed to the new battle mechanism. Even more, that every Pokémon would have two abilities. One ability is always the same for a specific Pokémon and the other is optional and can change. For example a Koffing with levitate and Neutralizing Gas. It's just not currently logic as when you switch the ability that Koffing in the air is hit by a ground type move.

- I hope they add held items, but all items will be visible ( a Pokémon with a choice scarf has a visible scarf.)

- The return of Mega evolution (with help of a key item you can change the form in it's mega). This is almost certain that it will arrive in PLA, as the code for the Mega evolution seems to have traces in PLA.

- More Pokémon (off course). Leaks say that the final Pokédex of PLA will be 400, this is speculation off course.

- Breeding will not return, I'm happy with that. How long it takes until the shiny comes out the egg. I like the outbreak mechanism more.

- A rare item called shiny herb, that can turn you're favorite Pokémon in a shiny (yeah, I'm just dreaming.)

- An item for letting you're Pokémon turn alpha.

- A new area would be nice, around three would be nice. Hint eight areas, the number eight.

- The possibility to get back in the future, and start you're adventure again in three new areas and the re-used older five areas. In each one you can earn a badge. If this will happen then the DLC would be huge.

- Online features, such as battling (off course abilities and items are a necessity.)

- A closure to the story

If we get all of it, I will be the happiest person on the world.
Still dreaming about the shiny herb.
Just pointing this out but if breeding were to be added to Legends Arceus you can still hunt shinies they way use currently are instead of breeding for them.

So I’m not really seeing the downside to breeding returning as it would make it easier to obtain some Pokémon and having a living Dex without having to go out and catch them in the wild.

Darkbirt

So I’m not really seeing the downside to breeding returning as it would make it easier to obtain some Pokémon and having a living Dex without having to go out and catch them in the wild.

To be fair I wasn't really a fan of breeding, try to image what Ditto is doing behind that door.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Isn't the purpose of all Pokémon games to 'Gotta catch them all' in the wild?
Breeding can abuse the reward method of releasing Pokémons.

To be fair I wasn't really a fan of breeding, try to image what Ditto is doing behind that door.
No, the purpose of the Pokémon games is to complete the Dex in general. As you weren’t able to get all the available Pokémon in the previous main series games without trading and/or breeding.

Look if you don’t want to use breeding that’s fine, but I don’t see why it should be prevented from returning.

So people could breed a lot of Pokémon and then release to get rewards. So what? I fail to see how that is a problem.

Heck I fail to see why you even care about what people do with breeding when it doesn’t effect you and you don’t even have to use it.

It seems pretty selfish of you to say that breeding shouldn’t return just because basically you don’t like it.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

It would be nice to see the very first Daycare. Overall, if there is DLC, I'm not really sure what the story for it will be as I feel like everything was pretty well explained. Even the stuff it doesn't explicitly explain is heavily implied. I suppose we could learn more about the Ginko Guild and Volo's connection to them, maybe see the older cast going on to have families or at least mention that they're off in another place. I'd like to see more of Cogita, she was my favorite character in the game.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
If they do dlc. It has to be as ambitious as original gold and silver and they definitely have to add more maps and more quests.