• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Areceus Legends DLC discussion

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If they do dlc. It has to be as ambitious as original gold and silver and they definitely have to add more maps and more quests.

Let's remember that Gold & Silver was made with sprites, and Legends is made with full 3D programming. We won't able to achieve the same thing Gold & Silver was able to do in the same amount of time.

I would love for us to get a big modern area we can travel to in the game - the hometown of the player, for instance - but I doubt they'll be able to pull that off with the time they have, especially with Gen 9 on the way.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If they do dlc. It has to be as ambitious as original gold and silver and they definitely have to add more maps and more quests.
There is a section right near Jubilife Village that is on the map that is unused and we could always go there with a DLC and explore. There is quite a bit there in that seem to have details on the in-game map but we don’t get to see.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I still want to know if we'll ever get to know the fate of our character after all is done since they're originally from the future and know that Hisui is not their true home even if it is at the moment.

Red and Blue

I still want to know if we'll ever get to know the fate of our character after all is done since they're originally from the future and know that Hisui is not their true home even if it is at the moment.
Since we'll probably remain in Hisui even after we complete the storyline of a DLC I think the PC will choose to remain in the past. Assuming we are even given a choice at all

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Probably not. The DLC will probably have a largely independent story from the main story since we should be able to access it at any point in the game. Plus they probably want to leave that open ended because some players wouldn't want to go back.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I def see a new DLC coming.
I dont see another new game this year...... (unfortunately)
But I think that DLC will be good since we def need new areas. They r getting old at this point

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There is a large portion of the map that is detailed that we never get to explore mainly around the lower left and bottom part of Obsidian Field and a bit right next to Jubilife Village. There are trees and small mountains illustrated there which seems suspicious as other unused areas near the Icelands are flat and have nothing there.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Let's remember that Gold & Silver was made with sprites, and Legends is made with full 3D programming. We won't able to achieve the same thing Gold & Silver was able to do in the same amount of time.

I would love for us to get a big modern area we can travel to in the game - the hometown of the player, for instance - but I doubt they'll be able to pull that off with the time they have, especially with Gen 9 on the way.
Maybe but if they make more than one DLC then it's possible and maybe GF will wait on gen 9

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Maybe but if they make more than one DLC then it's possible and maybe GF will wait on gen 9

They don't need to wait on Gen 9; they need to be working on it. The DLC can merely be a small bonus to hold us until next year.

2022 marks the first time Game Freak has had two whole years of development for a single project since Diamond & Pearl. Given the heavy criticism of graphics in recent titles, it would be in Game Freak's best interest to use up all of 2022 and 2023 for this game. My biggest criticism of Sword & Shield was all the unfinished territory, areas that were clearly meant to be expanded on, but Game Freak simply didn't have the time. Now they do.

Last edited:

Dared3v0

Just have fun

Maybe but if they make more than one DLC then it's possible and maybe GF will wait on gen 9.
They don't need to wait on Gen 9; they need to be working on it. The DLC can merely be a small bonus to hold us until next year.

2022 marks the first time Game Freak has had two whole years of development for a single project since Diamond &Pearl. Given the heavy criticism of graphics in recent titles, it would be in Game Freak's best interest to use up all of 2022 and 2023 for this game. My biggest criticism of Sword & Shield was all the unfinished territory, areas that were clearly meant to be expanded on, but Game Freak simply didn't have the time. Now they do.
Oh I'm sorry I thought you meant on the way like release. Yea I agree gen 9 is most def in development. Guess it's really just how far

2022 marks the first time Game Freak has had two whole years of development for a single project since Diamond & Pearl. Given the heavy criticism of graphics in recent titles, it would be in Game Freak's best interest to use up all of 2022 and 2023 for this game. My biggest criticism of Sword & Shield was all the unfinished territory, areas that were clearly meant to be expanded on, but Game Freak simply didn't have the time. Now they do.
Agreed. GameFreak can make a GOTY contender if given the time

I hope they connect Sinnoh to Johto via the Sinjoh Ruins, Johto to Kanto via Tohjo Falls, Kanto to Hoenn via Vermillion City Seagallop Ferry to Navel Rock/Birth Island and then SS. Tidal from Navel Rock/Birth Island to Lilycove City, and finally Sinnoh to Unova via Cave of Being.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Agreed. GameFreak can make a GOTY contender if given the time

I hope they connect Sinnoh to Johto via the Sinjoh Ruins, Johto to Kanto via Tohjo Falls, Kanto to Hoenn via Vermillion City Seagallop Ferry to Navel Rock/Birth Island and then SS. Tidal from Navel Rock/Birth Island to Lilycove City, and finally Sinnoh to Unova via Cave of Being.

Actually, I think Legends already holds it in the cards, for a nomination at least.

The game has gotten incredible reviews, and I would be surprised if it didn't get nominated in this year's ceremonies.