• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Areceus Legends DLC discussion

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I want them to add more new forms to the wonderful Kalos Pokemon
I could see that working for in some way for perhaps Greninja and Delphox. But as for Chesnaught i don't know how he would fit.

Greninja- i would probably want to see a Water/Fighting to fit with a agile ninja type

Delphox- Fire and Ghost (Instead of Psychic) and give it tails similar to a kitsune fox

ShadowForce720

I could see that working for in some way for perhaps Greninja and Delphox. But as for Chesnaught i don't know how he would fit.

Greninja- i would probably want to see a Water/Fighting to fit with a agile ninja type

Delphox- Fire and Ghost (Instead of Psychic) and give it tails similar to a kitsune fox
They could modify it so it’s designed could look more like a samurai or shogun rather then a knight.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I kinda just want closure on what our character’s fate will be since they’re originally from the future and seem to be an older Dawn/Lucas which would make Legends Arceus a sequel to DPPt.

Luthor

There's also a few Sinnoh characters who don't have an obvious ancestor revealed yet as well. While its again not essential if they are doing DLC I could see them adding them in roles. Plus there's also a certain warden who has a brother who I could see making an appearance.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
There's also a few Sinnoh characters who don't have an obvious ancestor revealed yet as well. While its again not essential if they are doing DLC I could see them adding them in roles. Plus there's also a certain warden who has a brother who I could see making an appearance.
Emmett had better take Ingo back to Unova then. Seriously, what a tragic tale…

Ultra Beast Lover

My headcannon for the player character is that they're from the "everyone dies" set of timelines. Maybe they were on vacation or something as the world was destroyed and for some reason Arceus just plucked them from that timeline and placed them into this other timeline. Honestly the only things that really make me say this are the fact that the player is asleep in the void and they never show any concern about getting home.

I don't really care all that much about what the story will be in a potential DLC, but here are my predictions for what the DLC will include:
  • New zones, I find it reasonable to expect one new zone about the size of the ones we already have for any singular DLC
  • More returning pokémon, the small dex is my biggest gripe with the game, so getting more returning Pokémon would be great
  • New Hisuian variants. The Pokémon is what I'm into the franchise for, and a pretty good selling point. Judging by what we got in the SwSh DLC and what kind of Pokémon have been introduced in PLA Hisuian variants seems the most likely to me.
  • New legendary/mythicals, I don't care that much for this, but I expect the centerpiece of a DLC to be one.

Now some more wishful thinking:
  • More trainer battles with 5 Pokémon or full teams, I find the battle system in PLA interesting, and it's a bit of a shame that there are so few trainers you really get to try it out with properly
  • Expanded movepools. I'm not sure how realistic this is, but a lot of the movepools right now are very lacking. Overqwil for example doesn't have a single physical Dark move.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
My headcannon for the player character is that they're from the "everyone dies" set of timelines. Maybe they were on vacation or something as the world was destroyed and for some reason Arceus just plucked them from that timeline and placed them into this other timeline. Honestly the only things that really make me say this are the fact that the player is asleep in the void and they never show any concern about getting home.
As far as we're aware, there isn't a timeline where everyone dies in recent times. The only two confirmed timelines diverge when the Ultimate Weapon was fired 3,000 years prior to X/Y. The character doesn't seem to be from that time period, given their clothes and, uh, smartphone. Of course, if you want to apply the principles of multiverse theory then there are an infinite number of timelines diverging from every possible point of entropy. However, only two have actually been confirmed, and it could be that time travel shenanigans was what caused them to split in the first place, which wouldn't necessitate infinite timelines. Well, maybe it would, but not in the same way. Not all infinities are equal and all that.

I think the ambiguity of the player character's past and intentions for the future are deliberately left ambiguous as a kind of "write your own story" thing. When questioned about the past, you usually have the option to respond with something along the lines of "I'm not sure" or "I don't remember", so it could be that the player suffers from amnesia. Besides that, we don't actually know anything about the player, beyond a rough idea of the time period they're from based on the clothes they're wearing and the fact that they own a smartphone. We assume they're from Kalos because the t-shirt they're wearing appears in X/Y, but who's to say they didn't buy it while visiting Kalos, or that a friend or family member from Kalos didn't send it to them?

That ambiguity is kind of the point. It allows you to fill in your character's backstory yourself. If you want your character to be from a timeline where the universe is destroyed, only to be spared by Arceus and transplanted into this alternate universe, sure. Nothing in the story actually contradicts that. That's the beauty of not having a confirmed backstory for the player; just about anything the player comes up with themselves can be considered valid without having to modify the story at all.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I take it that the last part is due to the player developing a form of amnesia.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I kinda just want closure on what our character’s fate will be since they’re originally from the future and seem to be an older Dawn/Lucas which would make Legends Arceus a sequel to DPPt.

They probably don't do that for gameplay reasons. The game takes place in the past, so once the player returns to the future, the game is over. The player can't just return for their unfinished business in the past without the help of Arceus or Dialga (or Celebi could help them technically, but it probably won't because it's not relevant to Sinnoh's affairs and kind of horns in on Dialga's purview), and it'd be difficult to write something like that into the story so they probably just don't bother. If there is any kind of canonical return to the present it would take place after the player has had their fill of the past which happens... basically whenever we permanently stop playing the game. So we're probably never going to see it in game.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Maybe some Looker DLC. It'd be quite the twist if Looker turned out to be from the past.
If Looker were to appear in this game, I think it'd make the msot sense if he was brought to the past via the space-time portal, like the player character and Ingo. That being said, the nature of these "hints," is never that direct. Rather, if we're to follow those breadcrumbs, it most likely means there are characters planned who have some connection to Looker and Palmer, or one character connected to both, not Looker and Palmer directly.

Nevertheless, that does bring up an idea. Since I'm sure the characters who wound up in Hisui from the present will make their way back, this could be an in-universe way to explain why these Hisuian species and regional forms are suddenly appearing in the present: these characters, particularly the player character, brought them back with them. (I'm thinking about how the Fossil Pokémon are present in the wild in Crown Tundra--the game didn't immediately explain why they were there, but the Pokédex entry for one of them spoke of how they were revived from fossils, then released in the wild and wound up there.)

I just want see if update allow will allow more older so i can hopefully transfer greninja from pokemon home. I know Froakie wasn't from SInnoh but leaving a ninja themed pokemon out of a a game that is heavily inspired by ancient japan? It's just a weird decision that it's not a wild encounter.

Indeed. In the Cobalt Coastland chapter you're attacked by both Irida's Glaceon and a Eevee (Don't know if it was a wild eevee and i tried to catch it after Glaceon was ko'd) These 2x1 trainer battles are annoying when they happen without warning.
Space-Time Distortions will throw you up into battles where you're outnumbered up to 4-to-1. Why the player character doesn't throw out Pokémon to equal theirs I don't know, since Pokémon battling hadn't been codified in Hisui yet.

I did think Froakie was a shoe-in, but I don't know how big of a cultural concept the ninja was in 19th-century-to-early-20th-century Hokkaido. You can see in Hisuian Samurott's Pokédex entry that there is no mention of samurai at all, for instance, just that it's a relentless warrior. That is, this is not the Pokémon counterpart to "ancient Japan," but "Industrial Revolution Hokkaido." The new Pokémon who appear are based on culture from that time and place. For instance, Ursaluna is based on a species of bear from Hokkaido that went extinct. There were vicious bear attacks through the 1910s in Hokkaido, so hunters exterminated them to extinction (with I think just one species remaining, which is still viewed with dread and "kill it now before it kills you"). Meanwhile, Professor Laventon's choice of Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott are because owls, weasels, and otters are of special importance as guardian spirits in Ainu mythology.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I did think Froakie was a shoe-in, but I don't know how big of a cultural concept the ninja was in 19th-century-to-early-20th-century Hokkaido.
Ninjas were also historically very different than their stereotypical modern manifestation. Like many historical entities that make their way into pop culture, there's a lot of exaggeration and outright fabrication around the ninja. It could be that GameFreak wanted to separate a faithful interpretation of a time period in Japanese history from the heavily stylized modern interpretation of ninja that Greninja is based on.

Ninjas were also historically very different than their stereotypical modern manifestation. Like many historical entities that make their way into pop culture, there's a lot of exaggeration and outright fabrication around the ninja. It could be that GameFreak wanted to separate a faithful interpretation of a time period in Japanese history from the heavily stylized modern interpretation of ninja that Greninja is based on.
You got Beni in the game, which is a very anime ninja. So I'm not sure exactly how much emphasis they did put on the historical accuracy of ninjas in the game.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The only things I care to see if we get DLC are:
  • One new area, specifically designed for high-level post-game exploration
  • Pokémon from the Sinnoh Pokédex that are still missing from the gsme
  • A traditional Battle Tower style battle facility, with the aesthetic/lore/flavor being adapted for the Hisui time period
With those, I could pretty easily call it the perfect game for me. Anything further would just be a bonus. I understand that the battle facility part may be a stretch with the changed battle system, but I’m confident it could work just fine and be just as challenging as old-school Frontier facilities if they wanted it to be.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
You got Beni in the game, which is a very anime ninja. So I'm not sure exactly how much emphasis they did put on the historical accuracy of ninjas in the game.
Well, you aren't entirely wrong, at least at the end of the story when the big reveal comes, but up until that point I'd say he's a great representation of a historical ninja because, unless you've had the story spoiled, you probably have no idea he's a ninja. I mean, it's a little cartoonish to have a ninja convincingly disguised as a chef, but it's not entirely unreasonable. But yeah, then he goes full anime for a little while.

Orphalesion

... basically whenever we permanently stop playing the game. So we're probably never going to see it in game.
Eh they could have done it in a way that the character gets back to their time, but can "jump" back into Hisui whenever they like.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I also want to point out that by the time of the Industrial Revolution and Meiji Restoration, the ninja profession had been extinct for at least a century.

Well, people who would call themselves a "ninja" anyway. A ninja was essentially a spy during feudal Japan, doing things that modern spies would do--it was not necessarily assassination. More often, a ninja was hired to gather information for their client, not unlike, well, what a spy or a private eye would do in later time periods and up to the present. Reinforcing this parallel, the most likely client of a ninja was the government. (The video game Ninjala actually brings this up too, pointing out that the tuxedo-and-martini spy is essentially western culture's counterpart to the highly stylized ninja.)

In other words, by that time, there were no more ninja, but there were still people who would disguise themselves and go undercover to perform duties their clients asked of them, just as there still are today. Nobody calls these people "ninja" nowadays (let alone themselves), and neither did people of the Industrial Revolution or Meiji Restoration.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
DLC could add the Johto Apricorn balls into Hisui maybe?

Kurts ancestor gets involved somehow, since they dont have to be Sinnoh natives in Hisui.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Whatever the case, I'd like to see them add in the northeast sector that contains the modern day Fight Area, Survival Area, and Resort Area.

That being said, their inclusion might be contentious, since the real-life counterpart to the place is Sakhalin, an area currently under dispute of ownership between Japan and Russia. There wasn't much of a Russian player base for Pokémon when the original Sinnoh games came out, but there is now. On the other other hand, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl included them without any complaints regarding that dispute.

Alternatively, there could be another village, this one based on Eterna City. (The Ancient Retreat corresponds roughly to Celestic Town's location.)